Kelenna cost them this game

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 pm
Ur point was dumb because azu has been consitently playing great basketball and u said i dont think you can continue to play this guy if he is gonna play like a scrub. He brings it every night and our guys r gonna have loads of off shooting nights because of the way we play. His defense was very solid that game as it has been the whole season. He has been our most consistent bench player and ur giving him **** for one game where he shot poorly but still played an overall good game. U called him selfish which he certainly is not and then u started talking about having J rich back when it makes no sense because it would force jackson to play power forward or have monta come off the bench which would result in less wins for us. The reason u wanted J rich was also off because we dont need his offense as we r one of the best offensive teams in the league, if anything we need the defense that he brought. Plus having him back would mean no Brandan Wright and u would be watching him become one of the most dominant/athletic big men in the league while our future would be much worse becuase we would be unable to resign our youth and we would be competitive for a few years instead of a decade as a result of not having wright, monta, and beans.
Last edited by jimbob631 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:09 pm
speakonitgod wrote:The name calling isn't necessary guys come on.... We're all fans for the same team we can argue without calling names...

sryI just got emotional because I really like wat buike has done for us and he represents everything I love about a player because of the path he took to get in the league.

Role Player
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:15 pm
trlove wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:ur such a dumbass, buike is one of the least selfish players on the team. I really dont think u understand how the warriros play basketball

yea ok and your a jackass so want to continue acting like a baby? It was 1 game and az shot them out. No need to act like a little girl because I brought up a point.

YOU said it yourself, it was one game but you can't fault him for shooting them out? If you're gonna say that then you might as well say Baron or Jackson shoot us out of games too right? Like jimbob said, thats how they play live or die by the shot, haven't you ever seen them play before ? Cmon!! Nellie would have been on his ass if he didn't take those shots.

The point is, don't come up on here blaming any one playing for losing a game. That's how they play and you should know that already. It seems to me like you're the one overreacting.

All Star
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:43 pm
buike has been one of our best bench players. and as everyone else said, it was ONE game that he didnt shoot well and in order to get out of a shooting slump you need to keep shooting. jackson does it, harrington does it, baron does it. J-RICH DID IT THE MOST when he was here. he would have a 3 game stint where he would shoot well...then a 5 game stint where he would keep shooting to get out of his slump. so for the ump-teen-millionth time: WE DONT NEED J-RICH.

Rookie
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:44 pm
I did come here and blame him for this loss and I stand by it. its over now and on to the next game.

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:11 pm
trlove wrote:I did come here and blame him for this loss and I stand by it. its over now and on to the next game.

Again, everyone has a bad game. You just came out so strong, instead of saying something like "Buike had a rough game. If he shoots a little better, it would have been a different story".

Otherwise you gotta be consistent and do your little "call outs" every time someone shoots bad. So we might as well add to your list:

Stephen Jackson:
4-15 loss vs Boston
3-15 loss vs Portland
5-18 loss vs NJ
9-27 loss vs Den
4-15 loss vs NO
2-9 loss vs Portland
6-19 loss vs Chicago
4-13 loss vs Phoenix
3-15 loss vs Sac
5-16 loss vs Houston

BD
3-11 loss vs Utah
3-13 loss vs Boston
6-23 loss vs Orlando
1-8 loss vs Det
6-19 loss vs NJ
2-14 loss vs Dallas
6-22 loss vs Houston
8-24 loss vs Chicago

Monta Ellis
4-15 loss vs Dallas
4-16 loss vs Denver
8-22 loss vs Phoenix
7-20 loss vs Lakers

etc, etc, etc

Rookie
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 pm
can you ever forgive me for doing such a thing?

Starting Lineup
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:29 pm
trlove wrote:he cost them the game plain and simple, there was mintes for j rich not at ellis posistion but as a swingman.

I wouldn't say he cost us the game. He missed at least 5 shots that were in and out. The reason we lost was because after we took the lead in the third we allowed denver to go on a 15-0 run to take control again....that and we allowed Kmart to play like the MVP of the league....and it didn't help that we allowed ****ing Najera to hit open 3 after open 3. Buike is by far not a scrub, and just the otehr night against Portland had a solid game, as well as the 2 games vs LA....

Rookie
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:33 pm
I dont realy care if we miss as long as the player has a good look at the rim. Thats GSW offense. We miss a few but we take so many shots it does not realy matter. What I hate is when we are trading baskets then we miss then you would think we will try a defensive stop......NO. They just stand there reaching in letting the opponents take uncontested jumpshots and lay ups. I swear their feet has weights around them, they can't defend with their feet then jump when the opponent trys to shoot. :banghead:

Starting Lineup
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:33 pm
also, the warriors shoot upwards of 80 shots a game, so his 15 shota are really nothing on a team like the Warriors....we need buike to shoot around 12-15 shots a night and make at least 6-7 if we want to be successful in the playoffs because our big three need support!

» Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:50 pm
:scratch: Lemmie get this straight...

Azubuike is being cruxified for "losing the Warriors the game" (after having a totally uncharacteristically shaky performance... his first in a long time), while in another thread Andris Biedrins is being worshipped for allowing Kenyon Martin to have a 30 and 11 game...?

Damn, this forum gets weird when I'm gone...

Starting Lineup
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:58 pm
32 wrote::scratch: Lemmie get this straight...

Azubuike is being cruxified for "losing the Warriors the game" (after having a totally uncharacteristically shaky performance... his first in a long time), while in another thread Andris Biedrins is being worshipped for allowing Kenyon Martin to have a 30 and 11 game...?

Damn, this forum gets weird when I'm gone...

For the hundredth time, Biedrins was NOT guarding Martin. Biedrins was not even in the game in the first quarter when Martin scored 7 points in the first 8 minutes or so......

And if you read this thread, most posters are saying that Azubuike should not be blamed for the loss. (although if you want to blame Azubuike for something, I think he spent a fair amount of time matched up against Martin last night!)

All Star
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:06 pm
this is somewhat incorrect because we were playing a zone for part of the time and beans made some bad choices which gave martin some easy buckets. Im not saying its his fault, its more communicating on the defensive end and playing better team defense.

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:09 pm
trlove wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:ur such a dumbass, buike is one of the least selfish players on the team. I really dont think u understand how the warriros play basketball

yea ok and your a jackass so want to continue acting like a baby? It was 1 game and az shot them out. No need to act like a little girl because I brought up a point.

Every one of his shots were in and out last night. If half of them got a decent roll, we wouldnt be having this discussion. As others have said, he is the most unselfish player on the team. Every shot he took, he took because he was WIDE OPEN. I will live with that. Again, as others have said, he is the most consistant defensive player on the team, as well.

All Star
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:53 pm
dear author to this thread,

you may not realize it, but "buike" is one our most consistent young players. i hope he continues to get better, he's learned how to play good defense, and he's certainly capable offensively.