Next Championship

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:49 pm
With all this talk of just makin the playoffs, i want to hear some talk of A championship. When do you think we will win one, and do you think we have the squad to do it, if not this year, can baron bring us one before he leaves us?

my opinion i think baron can bring us one this year if we play clutch cause we can play ball with anyone when we want to, but i think it might end up being monta in a few years(worst case scenario)

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:57 pm
We will never win one as long as we dont have a legitimate big man inside. A championship is not even in our sights right now. Run-and-gun teams do not win championships. Look at the Suns. They do have that big guy, but they still cant win it.

Role Player
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:58 pm
IMO Baron won't be the one taking us to ANY championship... it will be a good Dubs TEAM that does...

I am liking a matured Monta/Andris/B.Wright combination (in the near future)...

Baron is/was an all-star, but you can see (as we all did in the last game vs. the 76ers) when the entire team contributes, the Warriors are damn near unbeatable... even with Baron shooting 2 for 16... 0 for 8 from the 3-point... we beat 'em by 22 points.

I have been pretty vocal about Baron possibly, being on the tip of his decline... he can't play any better than he has this year, nuff said.

Oh yeah, GO DUBS!!!

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:03 pm
Damn...............championship huh?............wow.

It still surprises me how quickly people forget that about 372 days ago, we were crap, and the preceeding 12 years..............people, we just got the playoffs last year and are fighting for one again this year..........take it one achievement/step at a time, otherwise your not going to enjoy what we have now and it could be gone again before you know it.

Also............what Sf said. :mrgreen: ............this team is not built to win a championship, its built to entertain, to make it look fun to play for us, to gain respect and exposure so we can then attract the kind of players to take us to that next level.

All Star
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:22 pm
I forgot who, but someone said on another forum that only a teams with a top 5 player can win a championship. Detroit is the exception to the rule. Now hopefully Brandan Wright becomes that player for us. I doubt we win a championship while baron or jackson is here.

All Star
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:56 pm
championships...hmmmm been 30+ years i missed this word...

unless Wright,Monta,Biedrins can develop to be allstars and Belinelli like Stojakovic for outside shooter (steve kerr) then we should talk about this topic...

Championships... :drinking: ::lol: :| :( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

All Star
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:07 pm
yea i dont see nellie ever getting his ring because championship teams play good defense. he's got fun teams, he's got playoff teams.

i think monta can become a top 5 player in a few years. bellinelli i hope will be something reminiscent of ginoboli. wright like bosh.. thats a huge dream, but u like the upside!

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:07 pm
GSW United wrote:championships...hmmmm been 30+ years i missed this word...

unless Wright,Monta,Biedrins can develop to be allstars and Belinelli like Stojakovic for outside shooter (steve kerr) then we should talk about this topic...

Championships... :drinking: ::lol: :| :( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Youve changed your tune William.............you were one of the first to start talking championship............did your trip away take away some of your blind optimism??? :mrgreen:

Rookie
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:44 pm
Well then if the warriors think like you all think they mines well not even suit up and play portland tonight. in the back of my mind i know we wont win won with baron we might even trade him eventually, considering we dont really care who we trade. but why are you guys even on this forum if a championship is so far away. you dont play a sport to get to the playoffs, big man or not, if everyone plays solid and baron goes dumb, i think we can make a great push it just depends if we see utah or san antonio those are the two teams i worry most about. and the lakers when they get bynum but i dont care im still goin with this year were gonna win one, im predicting it now. i dont care if im in la la land, im from the bay and ill always say were gonna win one weather or not no games back or 20.

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:06 pm
EDITED by TMC

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:11 pm
bigstrads wrote:
westernbound wrote:Well then if the warriors think like you all think they mines well not even suit up and play portland tonight. in the back of my mind i know we wont win won with baron we might even trade him eventually, considering we dont really care who we trade. but why are you guys even on this forum if a championship is so far away. you dont play a sport to get to the playoffs, big man or not, if everyone plays solid and baron goes dumb, i think we can make a great push it just depends if we see utah or san antonio those are the two teams i worry most about. and the lakers when they get bynum but i dont care im still goin with this year were gonna win one, im predicting it now. i dont care if im in la la land, im from the bay and ill always say were gonna win one weather or not no games back or 20.

Sorry to be rude but I speak my mind and everyone on here knows that...............but the above is one of the dumbest posts Ive ever read.

Why are we on this forum if a championship is so far away?..........your words..............my words = because we are fans...........real fans, whove been here since before Baron, for all the crap years and will still be here when/if we dont win a championship or less..............why would you even ask that? does supporting a sports team mean you have to be a blindly optimistic idiot, who ignores all facts about the team and sport you are supporting?

By your rationale, you were saying that we were going to win a championship 4 years ago? 5 years ago? 2 years ago?...............because thats basically your point................awful awful post, both from a grammer, punctuation and content perspective.

Way to make friends, there, Bigs. :wink:

Franchise Player
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:15 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
westernbound wrote:Well then if the warriors think like you all think they mines well not even suit up and play portland tonight. in the back of my mind i know we wont win won with baron we might even trade him eventually, considering we dont really care who we trade. but why are you guys even on this forum if a championship is so far away. you dont play a sport to get to the playoffs, big man or not, if everyone plays solid and baron goes dumb, i think we can make a great push it just depends if we see utah or san antonio those are the two teams i worry most about. and the lakers when they get bynum but i dont care im still goin with this year were gonna win one, im predicting it now. i dont care if im in la la land, im from the bay and ill always say were gonna win one weather or not no games back or 20.

Sorry to be rude but I speak my mind and everyone on here knows that...............but the above is one of the dumbest posts Ive ever read.

Why are we on this forum if a championship is so far away?..........your words..............my words = because we are fans...........real fans, whove been here since before Baron, for all the crap years and will still be here when/if we dont win a championship or less..............why would you even ask that? does supporting a sports team mean you have to be a blindly optimistic idiot, who ignores all facts about the team and sport you are supporting?

By your rationale, you were saying that we were going to win a championship 4 years ago? 5 years ago? 2 years ago?...............because thats basically your point................awful awful post, both from a grammer, punctuation and content perspective.

Way to make friends, there, Bigs. :wink:

I dont have enough time for the friends I already have...............so I dont have time for people who talk like that............thats me, love me or leave me. :mrgreen:

Rookie
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:17 pm
EDITED by TMC

Rookie
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:18 pm
EDITED by TMC

All Star
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:22 pm
we've gone over this before, but you don't win a ring without a top 5 or so player in the league (with the exception of the pistons). Monta has a shot of being that type of player, but until then, a championship is pretty far off.

And if you wouldn't be a fan if a championship wasn't in sight then you're not a fan.