Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 am
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:change the banner where three way happens

I don't know if that's a good motto for our banner, JOEL... :wink:

i was in Qubec once and i have a fond memory...umm wait , what kinda three way were u thinking :mrgreen:

Sorry, JOEL, but board rules do now allow me to be more specific. You'll have to make an educated guess yourself. :wink:

Rookie
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:20 am
Looking at the schedule:

Denver : 46-29, upcoming games: Sac: W, @Sea: W, @Lac : W, @GSW: L, @Uta : L, Hou: W, Mem: W. final record will be 51-31

Dallas: 47-28, upcoming games: @Lal: L, @Pho: L, Sea:W; Uta:W, @Por: W, @Sea: W, No: tough one but i say L.final record: 51-31 tied with Denver

Warriors: 45-30, upcoming games: @Mem: W, @No: L, Sac:W, Denver: W, Lac: W, @Pho: L, Sea: W. final record: 50-32.

What does this mean?That to go the playoffs we have to hope that Dal and Den lose their games, and we have to win both in New Orleans and Phoenix, which is unlikely to happen.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 am
gianmatriz wrote:Looking at the schedule:

Denver : 46-29, upcoming games: Sac: W, @Sea: W, @Lac : W, @GSW: L, @Uta : L, Hou: W, Mem: W. final record will be 51-31

Dallas: 47-28, upcoming games: @Lal: L, @Pho: L, Sea:W; Uta:W, @Por: W, @Sea: W, No: tough one but i say L.final record: 51-31 tied with Denver

Warriors: 45-30, upcoming games: @Mem: W, @No: L, Sac:W, Denver: W, Lac: W, @Pho: L, Sea: W. final record: 50-32.

What does this mean?That to go the playoffs we have to hope that Dal and Den lose their games, and we have to win both in New Orleans and Phoenix, which is unlikely to happen.

Could actually end up like this and i'm not being nice to the Warriors either:

Denver : 46-29, upcoming games: Sac: W, @Sea: W, @Lac : W, @GSW: L, @Uta : L, Hou: L, Mem: W. final record will be 50-32

Dallas: 47-28, upcoming games: @Lal: L, @Pho: L, Sea:W; Uta:L, @Por: W, @Sea: W, NO: L. final record: 50-32 tied with Denver

I can see Seattle, Clippers and Grizzlies playing spoilers in one or more of these games, thinking Grizz will. The team just has to win at least five of the remaining games to have any sort of chance and definately win the home games

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:16 am
migya wrote:

Denver : 46-29, upcoming games: Sac: W, @Sea: W, @Lac : W, @GSW: L, @Uta : L, Hou: L, Mem: W. final record will be 50-32

Dallas: 47-28, upcoming games: @Lal: L, @Pho: L, Sea:W; Uta:L, @Por: W, @Sea: W, NO: L. final record: 50-32 tied with Denver

I can see Seattle, Clippers and Grizzlies playing spoilers in one or more of these games, thinking Grizz will. The team just has to win at least five of the remaining games to have any sort of chance and definately win the home games

If it ends like that dude............we are out............its set in stone now that we cannot win any of the tie breakers with them.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:21 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

If it ends like that dude............we are out............its set in stone now that we cannot win any of the tie breakers with them.

My point is that Dallas and Denver are playing some teams that are ahead of them and could lose those games. One of them would have to lose to either Sonic, Clips or Grizz as well or the Warriors win six of these last seven games

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:36 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

My point is that Dallas and Denver are playing some teams that are ahead of them and could lose those games. One of them would have to lose to either Sonic, Clips or Grizz as well or the Warriors win six of these last seven games

See y'all in Maui............

Rookie
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:17 am
I'll tell you this.Even if we don't make it to the playoffs, i am satisfied by this season.
I am satisfied cause our players played amazing basketball, and now if they look tired you can only blame Mr.Don Nelson.
He clearly overplayed them, and now we can't accuse them for playing effortless, cause they are simply too tired at this point of the season.
As for next year we need:

- A good center (Jermaine O'Neal or Elton Brand)
with Biedrins playing the 6th man
- Ron Artest as small forward
- Stephen Jackon stopping the transition 3's.
- A playmaker like Steve Blake or Chris Duhon to give some rest to
Baron.
- Trade Al Harrington.He is a pain for the eyes.
- Hire someone to teach the players to play some Defense

Ideal starters:

Baron Davis
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Ron Artest
Elton Brand

Do you like it?With this lineup, we would be a championship contender.

Rookie
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:16 am
gianmatriz wrote:I'll tell you this.Even if we don't make it to the playoffs, i am satisfied by this season.
I am satisfied cause our players played amazing basketball, and now if they look tired you can only blame Mr.Don Nelson.
He clearly overplayed them, and now we can't accuse them for playing effortless, cause they are simply too tired at this point of the season.

Baron.

Ideal starters:

Baron Davis
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Ron Artest
Elton Brand

You're absolutely dreaming if you think we're going on some all star trading hunt for guys like Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest or Elton Brand.

The plan will be to extend Monta and Biedrins and further develop Brandan Wright. Maybe a sign a couple of minor free agents and maybe re-sign Azubuike.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:26 am
its not set in stone we can beat the horneyts we can beat the sun goal beat one of them dallas will lose to the above 500 teams we are not done mathematically are eliminated everyone said we were done last year before we went the amazing strech we will make it stop being pesssticmistic

sactown can beat denver kings already beat the lakers and us why stop there they said they want to play spoilers

Rookie
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 am
NightAngel wrote:
gianmatriz wrote:I'll tell you this.Even if we don't make it to the playoffs, i am satisfied by this season.

Baron.

Ideal starters:

Baron Davis
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Ron Artest
Elton Brand

You're absolutely dreaming if you think we're going on some all star trading hunt for guys like Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest or Elton Brand.

The plan will be to extend Monta and Biedrins and further develop Brandan Wright. Maybe a sign a couple of minor free agents and maybe re-sign Azubuike.

Ok getting two all-stars might be too much, but how about trading harrington to have the money for either Brand or O'neal?That wouldn't be impossible...

Rookie
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am
gianmatriz wrote:
NightAngel wrote:

Baron.

Ideal starters:

Baron Davis
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Ron Artest
Elton Brand

Ok getting two all-stars might be too much, but how about trading harrington to have the money for either Brand or O'neal?That wouldn't be impossible...

Why would the Pacers want Harrington back? Why would the Clippers give Elton Brand to a division rival?

Rookie
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:03 pm
NightAngel wrote:
gianmatriz wrote:
NightAngel wrote:

Baron.

Ideal starters:

Baron Davis
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson
Ron Artest
Elton Brand

Why would the Pacers want Harrington back? Why would the Clippers give Elton Brand to a division rival?

I'm talking about trading harrington to ANY team, to have the money to pay a good free agent ( Brand was an example for good pf-center)

All Star
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:19 pm
Yeah, Al is a high value trade asset, and sadly, he has proven to be anti-clutch. Seems like such a decent guy, and has some wonderful skills, but just like I am surprised when Monta MISSES an open jumper, I am surprised when Al hits a clutch 3 or finishes at the rim. Finding a Novak/Steve Blake/Kapono type to be a true spot up 3 shooter is not that hard - spot up 3 shooters are not uncommon. Then move Al for a real rebounder, someone who will give you 9-10 a game. The three shooter will replace that aspect of Harrington's game and the rebounder will give us something Al never really did. And this is coming from someone who was a big supporter of his. He has just shown that he does not deliver in the clutch and I have had to revise my take on him. He is our best trade asset right now.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm
coltraning wrote:Yeah, Al is a high value trade asset

You sure?. I've got a feeling not many teams are going to ask about him this summer. Actually, I think he's almost at his lowest value. And it's not for a lack of talent, but he hasn't had more than a handful of good games this year.

All Star
» Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:45 pm
teams that need scoring might want harrington. His contract is big tho for a scorer that doesn't rebound or play defense.