Kidd traded to Mavs

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:49 am
Kidd is going to be too tired, and wore down by the time the playoffs come around....he is shooting terribly this year, and to be honest I think the Mavs are better with Harris now and in the future....plus, the only big man the mavs have to use now is Dampier, and we know he is garbage.

» Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 pm
Y'know, for the past 3 years, people have been saying JKidd should be slowing down any day now...

All Star
» Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:25 pm
32 wrote:Y'know, for the past 3 years, people have been saying JKidd should be slowing down any day now...

I hear you 32...people keep saying that, and he hasn't slowed down yet...already 12 triple-doubles this season.

» Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:16 pm
He's never been the quickest guard, so that whole age argument really loses it's value. Kidd will be better than most point guards for the next 2 years, at least. He probably won't begin showing his age for another 3 years.

All Star
» Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 pm
He has slowed down a bit - his ppg and steals have gone down on a steady slope since 03-04. The real issue is that a slowed down Jason Kidd is easily still one of the top PGs in the league.

All Star
» Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:38 pm
He provides on court leadership skills and a tenacious ability to put pressure on opposing defenders.

It is a good, but somewhat desperate move by the Mavs. It also shows Dirk to not be the leader that he needs to be in order to be considered a great player.

Davis and Ellis will punish Kidd in the playoffs if the Warriors play the Mavs again. Jackson will make Dirk yearn to go back to Europe just like he did last season in the playoffs.

All Star
» Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:02 pm
thought I'd bump this, given Harris' 47-point game today

9 months later I think we can say that those who thought this would be a good trade for the Mavericks were sorely mistaken.

Devin Harris, since a slow 3 game start, has been averaging 29 points per game, and over 6.5 assists, while Kidd is playing the worst basketball of his career. On top of it all, New Jersey, who finished 34-48 last season, are 9-7, while Dallas, who were 35-18 last season before getting Kidd, are 8-8.

All Star
» Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:24 pm
It's funny how people give Harris credit!!! But they forget that Carter is having a good year and commands double teams to give the quick Devin Harris whatever he wants to do...

With Ellis I don't see that type of two guards...Harris and Carter is close to what BD and Richardson did for us...

Hall of Famer
» Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:30 pm
I'm shocked, not surprised, shocked at how well Harris is playing. Never saw any hint of thatsort of talent, just a fair bit of speed and craftiness. Kidd is still playing very allround and reckon the Mavs will pick it up once they are healthy and JHoward is back. The Mavs have had quite little talent (only some four players that are starter quality) for a good three years now