Kidd traded to Mavs

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:05 pm
Appears that Kidd has been traded to the Mavs for Devin Harris, Stackhouse, Diop, Devean George and Maurice Ager. Mavs also get Malik Allen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102

Franchise Player
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:09 pm
wow, Dallas also added two first round picks. They sure did give up a lot for him.

Rookie
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:12 pm
hmm interesting... as it is not official yet im sure this still has chances falling through BUT according to the article they say its almost a done deal...

I cant believe that they would give up 2 first round picks PLUS devin harris... interesting trade..

also be giving up 2nd rounder for antoine wright.

how funny would that be though if they bought out stackhouse contract and he came right back and played for the mavs haha.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:17 pm
Oh, my...

The league has gone crazy during the last month.

That's a pretty good deal for the Nets, as they save a sh*tload of money and add Kidd's replacement in Harris and some depth inside with Diop. And the picks, of course.

As for Dallas... I still don't think the trade puts them on the same level the Lakers and Spurs are... but they've improved their talent level, albeit at the cost of some inside depth.

One last thing: I'm starting to agree with Popovich about veto powers or a more strict regulation. If the Nets cut Stackhouse, he shouldn't be allowed to sign back with Dallas til next year. That's simply a way to avoid the league trade regulations.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:18 pm
scary...seems like each week the west is getting stronger...

:?

Rookie
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:18 pm
Looks like its official according to cbs.sportsline.

NETS TRADE KIDD TO MAVS

The Nets agree to trade All-Star point guard Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, Maurice Ager, two first-round picks and cash, sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com

Franchise Player
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:41 pm
best part of this for me is that if we meet the Mavs in the playoffs, we dont have to watch "The Flopper". That dude annoys the crap out of me!

Role Player
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:42 pm
in my opinion this only hurts the mavs as far as depth go's especially the front fine i think losing stackhouse will hurt them diop and george werent big names but they were big role players as far as doing the little things like rebounding and defense.... as far as harris go's i would take him over kid for the future.

mavs get
stronger starting lineup
weaker depth

nets future looks a whole lot brighter now.

harris
carter
jefferson
stackhouse
swift
george
diop
boone
sean williams
marcus williams
nachbar
malik allen
darrel armstrong
kristic
2 1st rnd picks not bad for the nets

All Star
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:52 pm
stackhouse wont be on the nets...according to the article, the nets will butout stackhouse's contract.

Rookie
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:55 pm
badabing8888 wrote:best part of this for me is that if we meet the Mavs in the playoffs, we dont have to watch "The Flopper". That dude annoys the crap out of me!

this was the first thing that came into mind because Devin Harris quickly became my most hated player in the NBA. Now I don't have to watch his flopping ass all game long. What I like even more is if in fact we do meet Dallas in the playoffs who is going to guard Monta??? Devin is the only person that could match his speed, Baron and Kidd cancel each other out IMO.

All Star
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:57 pm
EMan32 wrote:stackhouse wont be on the nets...according to the article, the nets will butout stackhouse's contract.

If the Mavs get stackhouse back via the Gary Payton rule it makes it a much better deal.

Rookie
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:02 pm
What I like even more is if in fact we do meet Dallas in the playoffs who is going to guard Monta??? Devin is the only person that could match his speed, Baron and Kidd cancel each other out IMO.[/quote]

you make a great point here... because devin harris speed and size made and makes him the obvious person who would gaurd ellis. i guess eddie jones would get the nod?

All Star
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:12 pm
no no no wont be jones on monta....
webber and shaq said that avery will gaurd monta... no wait he is to old
to guard monta....but then again jones is hella to old to keep up with monta

Franchise Player
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:13 pm
Daaaaaaaaamn................thats another BIG trade.............a hell of alot to give up for Kidd though, Dalls mortgaging alot for a couple of seasons, especially giving up the picks.

Cuban was so hot on Harris though! didnt think he would be included, was thinking Terry would be instead..............ohh well, well still own them though!

Rookie
» Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:15 pm
JOEL wrote:no no no wont be jones on monta....
webber and shaq said that avery will gaurd monta... no wait he is to old
to guard monta....but then again jones is hella to old to keep up with monta

well if mavs starting lineup is this w/ kidd:

kidd
jones
howard
nowitzki
dampier

then i suppose howard could gaurd ellis, kidd on baron, jones on jackson?

im not sure if terry has still been coming off the bench and/or if he will when kidd is there..

i mean in reality NO ONE CAN GUARD ellis, but someone must try. ha.