any comments?

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:28 pm
jsut in case anyone is skeptical...

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008/01 ... cj-watson/

All Star
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:39 pm
last year with tenn 121 reb 160 ast. 6 foot 2
guard nick name the quiet storm this dude can rebond proven track record...we will see ....gonna have to change the team name to nellies newbies.
Last edited by JOEL on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:50 pm
Wow, havnt seen anything of this guy but he sounds pretty impressive...........my only questions is what no-one else has taken a look at him since hes been doing so well in the D-league, anyone?

At the very least its a body to spell Baron for abit for a few games.

Found these comments on him from a D-league season preview bit =

A year removed from college, C.J. Watson is coming off a difficult rookie season in Europe, where he bounced around between Italy and Greece and never really found his rhythm, which isn’t a huge surprise considering that he’s a bit of an acquired taste. He did have a terrific summer league showing with San Antonio, particularly in the Rocky Mountain Revue. Watson is a 6-2 combo guard, leaning more towards the point guard position. He’s just an average athlete, but is exceptionally smart and crafty, possessing a beautiful perimeter stroke and a high basketball IQ. He gets in the passing lanes well, and is getting better and better at creating his own shot and setting up teammates. Expect him to be one of the first players off the board tonight, as he’s a perfect example of what the D-League is all about, and might even warrant a call-up at some point this season.

All Star
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:00 pm
I can't wait for him to get a chance. Azubiuke is proof that you never know what you might get out of the D-League. Lets hope this works out so we can get Boom some rest!

All Star
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:06 pm
great point strads why didnt anyone else pickem up?
whatever 10 days you cant go wrong rest barron and see how the iceman
buike responds. will this force him to step up

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:14 pm
dubsfan1 posted in the News board that he belongs to the Cavs. Guess he was cut during pre-season and signed with his NBDL team as a free agent or something like that, because that's the only way we could call him up.

As for Watson itself, as I said in that thread, I've never seen him play, so there's not much I can say about him. Probably another Aaron Miles... but hey, I'll take that if that means resting Baron a few more minutes per game.

All Star
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:16 pm
he's ranked number 1 out of all the candidates in the D League

I cant wait see what he can do

All Star
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:35 pm
I already like him more than Hudson.

Too Mbad it came at the expense of a fan favorite Mballer, DJ "POB Roadblock" Mbenga. If only we could combine the two so they form DJ Patrick MBryant.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:51 pm
Hmm, as I said in another thread, very interesting to see how they handle everything. What happens to the last spot. Is it Watson's or is it Kosta's? I have heard two different things.

All Star
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:55 pm
if kosta is in maybee pob needs to rest he gives up 10lbs on pob but gaines 2 inches

Franchise Player
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:58 pm
O'Bryant is surely the backup. As I said in another thread, I cant imagine them playing Kosta at all. I dont think that he will even be active.

All Star
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:54 pm
Looks like a combo guard, 26 points, 5 reb, and 5 assists in 38 MPG.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:02 pm
When I first saw those stats, that scared me, as well, as we didnt need another combo guard. However, it says that he is more of a point guard than a shooting guard. That was good to hear.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:23 pm
Will Bynum??? or a pass first PG? that remains to be seen