DJ Mbenga waved...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:19 pm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index?

not a big deal or anything, but in opening up a roster spot, we'll see if they snag someone from the NBDL or something.

more playing time for wright?!

All Star
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:32 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index?

not a big deal or anything, but in opening up a roster spot, we'll see if they snag someone from the NBDL or something.

more playing time for wright?!

or POB maybe?

Franchise Player
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:49 pm
That kind of surprises me. He was a guy off the bench that helped them some. Huh...

Yeah, that means that one of the young guys has to be getting some time, or Biedrins will be playing the whole game alongside Baron.

I wouldnt be surprised now to see a Pietrus trade.

Make it happen, Mully.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:37 pm
Funny... but I was talking with my cousin about this and anticipated that DJ would be cut because while he was a decent player for his role, he didn't really make much of a difference to our team chemistry and/or record. I think Nelly went to Mullin and ask if he would try out DJ. They did, and they probably felt that POB would be able to provide just as much..

I hope POB gets his shot, and I hope B Wright gets another start. Open up some PT for your youth and you shall be rewarded NELLY!@!@

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I wouldnt be surprised now to see a Pietrus trade.

Make it happen, Mully.

I think MP being traded is inevitable...

Franchise Player
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:41 pm
~W~ wrote:

Make it happen, Mully.

I meant that this is the type of move that will spark a Pietrus trade within the week.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:43 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:

Make it happen, Mully.

I meant that this is the type of move that will spark a Pietrus trade within the week.

I hope Mullin is on the phone and active but trade for value... don't trade MP just to dump him and pick up a bad contract...etc...

Franchise Player
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:47 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:

Make it happen, Mully.

I hope Mullin is on the phone and active but trade for value... don't trade MP just to dump him and pick up a bad contract...etc...

I agree to a point. You dont need to trade him for value, but you cant trade him for a bad contract, either. He just kills this team when he is out there. I would be willing to trade him for anybody making the minimum. That ties into the second point: you cant pick up a bad contract, and I dont think that they will. He is just too BAD to keep around a whole lot longer.

All Star
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:49 pm
~W~ wrote:they probably felt that POB would be able to provide just as much..

I hope POB gets his shot, and I hope B Wright gets another start. Open up some PT for your youth and you shall be rewarded NELLY!@!@

I agree 100%. We've been getting burned on rebrounds all year, and playing small all the time is really taking its toll on this team physically.

Nellie realizes that now is the time to throw them out there (o'bryant, wright). personally i hope both of them start getting regular minutes. i want to see what they can do. plus, these guys have upside. something mbenga doesnt have.

the warriors wanted to keep their options open with that roster spot.

Franchise Player
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:50 pm
I heard that Wright is going to be getting some extended minutes in the next couple of games. Nellie is going to take a hard look at him.

All Star
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:04 pm
pietrus is a waste of a roster spot on this team too. he cant handle, his shooting is one dimentional(corner 3) his defense isn't anything to rave about either. commits to many fouls. doesn't rebound particularly well despite his athleticism. cant create a shot despite his athleticism. doesn't finish well around the rim.

pietrus has been expendable for a while now thanks to azubuike. the warriors would have let him walk this past offseason if anyone offered him a multi year deal.

azubuike is not the defender that pietrus can at times be, but he is a better rebounder which is favorable because of how bad of a rebounding team we already are. azubuike has an offensive arsenal.

Franchise Player
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:07 pm
I think you just summed up the thoughts of nearly everybody on here. Pietrus is hard to watch.

Did you hear him get booed when he first checked into the New Orleans game? That was great. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:14 pm
I dont think POB is gonna be much of a help. I think POB and Pietrus need to be packaged in a trade for a backup point guard and some reboudning help. Guys like Collison, haslem, varejao, lee, gooden, wilcox, kurt thomas and other great rebounders will really push this team over the edge. Flip Murray is on the trading block and should be cheap to get also. He can fill a backup point guard role

All Star
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:16 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Did you hear him get booed when he first checked into the New Orleans game? That was great. :mrgreen:

i didnt catch that i was watching it at the bar and the sound wasnt turn on. i bet he is losing some of his confidence. thats too bad.

All Star
» Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:24 pm
Pietrus...
comes across as one full of himself , a couple of games ago i saw him walking around the shoot around with his warm ups around his ankles. not very much of a leader for one with the longest time on the roster. think of poised ellis harrington and even capnjack ?
Pietrus seems like a knuckle head.