NBA Legends 2nd Edition: DONE (DROPPING DOWN)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 pm
coltraning wrote:So if Pest has the shock and awe front court, I am going for the shock and awe backcourt. Ladies and gentlemen, the dude everyone loves to hate, America's favorite anal rapist as he throws one down in front of his HOF backcourt partner (drumroll........................)

I don't like him as a player but he is already an alltime great. Good pick. Also, anal rapist, a bit strong no :shock:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:01 pm
Come on xbay buddy, been 8 hours since colt's pick

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:52 pm
I didn't notice it was my turn. I saw it was still his pick and no one updated so yeah. My bad, though.

I'll take Pistol Pete.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:34 am
I'm gonna go with some guys from our era. My picks are Steve Nash and Lebron James.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:34 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I didn't notice it was my turn. I saw it was still his pick and no one updated so yeah. My bad, though.

I'll take Pistol Pete.

You'll get slaughtered for this pick, like I did last year and I picked him in about the fourth or fifth round. I like him but he is more of a fourth roud pick really

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:37 am
JayPat wrote:I'm gonna go with some guys from our era. My picks are Steve Nash and Lebron James.

Good picks, especially Lebron who is the only one of the young players currently in the nba that should be in this draft, as his performance since arriving in the nba has been alltime level. Nash is very good but understand that you get three years of MVP level (very good) and some five years of above average PG play (still good). Two picks that cover needs and your starting five is taking great shape

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:57 am
If memory serves correctly coltraning had Nash-MJ-Lebron last year. Be interesting to see how similar him and Jaypat's teams are.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:04 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:If memory serves correctly coltraning had Nash-MJ-Lebron last year. Be interesting to see how similar him and Jaypat's teams are.

That's right he did and it was a good team but his Centers were quite weak (because of factors we had discussed) and the defense was among the worst of all the teams. Offensively he was #1 though

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:20 am
Yeah, my next pick will be of the rebounding/defense variety. I'll have plenty of opportunity for more firepower in the later rounds.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:57 am
I won't be here much this weekend, but I'll try to log in once per day to make my pick(s) and not keep people wating til next monday.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:52 am
TMC wrote:I won't be here much this weekend, but I'll try to log in once per day to make my pick(s) and not keep people wating til next monday.

TMC, you said earlier that you were planning on leaving for a while. When is that happening? I am kind of scared, bro. :|
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:36 pm
I shall take George Gervin.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:I won't be here much this weekend, but I'll try to log in once per day to make my pick(s) and not keep people wating til next monday.

TMC, you said earlier that you were planning on leaving for a while. When is that happening? I am kind of scared, bro. :|

15 f*cking minutes to post this... :banghead:

You won't read me much this weekend (other than to post my picks), but I'll be back on Monday at my usual pace.

As for the other absence, the one that's gonna be for 3 months, I still don't know for sure, but seems like it'll happen in march. I'll let you know once I have a final date, but that may have to wait til next month.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:05 pm
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

As for the other absence, the one that's gonna be for 3 months, I still don't know for sure, but seems like it'll happen in march. I'll let you know once I have a final date, but that may have to wait til next month.

Alright, thanks. Let us know. :thumbright:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:38 pm
Oh my, this is a steal...I'm adding to the shock and awe backcourt with perhaps the best power forward of all time (certainly in a 3-way tie with Karl Malone and TD)

To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball