NBA Legends 2nd Edition: DONE (DROPPING DOWN)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:51 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:To put together the second half of a shock and awe front line, my second pick is Shaquille O'Neal

MUTHAFUKA! I was looking to get Olajuwon again and get the same amazing duo I had last season :x

Great picks Pest, Center is definately covered. :wink:

Nice pic as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 am
My turn, then. Sorry for the delay.

He's not among my personal faves, but I can't ignore one of the best careers ever by a PF in the NBA.

My choice is...

Karl Malone
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:20 am
Karl Malone is a great pick

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:24 am
After thinking a bit I have to go with the player I think is one of the best in the current era and top 15, maybe even top 10 alltime. This guy is a true winner and has carried his latest championship teams, as they have old players and rising a couple of rising young ones.

TIM DUNCAN

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:31 am
Nice one. Duncan was my other option, but Malone had better individual seasons. That was the defining factor.

It's interesting, actually. None of the two players I've drafted so far is among my personal faves. I'm just going with their value, trying to be unbiased. I might end up with a great team composed of players I've hated during their playing days.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:37 am
TMC wrote:Nice one. Duncan was my other option, but Malone had better individual seasons. That was the defining factor.

It's interesting, actually. None of the two players I've drafted so far is among my personal faves. I'm just going with their value, trying to be unbiased. I might end up with a great team composed of players I've hated during their playing days.

Nothing worng with that. Hard to do but certainly a good way to get the best team possible.

I would still pick Duncan over KMalone because he has won championships and he does more, as in blocking shots. Both are great players

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:57 am
migya wrote:I would still pick Duncan over KMalone because he has won championships and he does more, as in blocking shots. Both are great players

Yeah, but the championships are anecdotic. Duncan didn't have to play against the Bulls during MJ's golden years.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:30 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I would still pick Duncan over KMalone because he has won championships and he does more, as in blocking shots. Both are great players

Yeah, but the championships are anecdotic. Duncan didn't have to play against the Bulls during MJ's golden years.

He had the Lakers instead, equipped with Shaq and Kobe, threepeating :wink:

They've had to out do great teams like the Mavs and Suns as well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:40 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

So... you're saying those teams were better than MJ's Bulls?. Because that's what it looks like.

Of course he had to beat good teams to win championships. It's just that they're not comparable to a team led by the best player in league history.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:32 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

So... you're saying those teams were better than MJ's Bulls?. Because that's what it looks like.

Of course he had to beat good teams to win championships. It's just that they're not comparable to a team led by the best player in league history.

I would say the Lakers team was about as good as the second threepeating Bulls team. They dominated every one of those three seasons. They were certainly better than the first threepeat Bulls

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm
migya wrote:After thinking a bit I have to go with the player I think is one of the best in the current era and top 15, maybe even top 10 alltime. This guy is a true winner and has carried his latest championship teams, as they have old players and rising a couple of rising young ones.

TIM DUNCAN

Nice pick. I was between him and Shaq.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:25 pm
I thought about him too but statistically he just doesn't stand out. It is a case of seeing him play with your own eyes and how he translates onto a stat sheet.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:07 pm
So if Pest has the shock and awe front court, I am going for the shock and awe backcourt. Ladies and gentlemen, the dude everyone loves to hate, America's favorite anal rapist as he throws one down in front of his HOF backcourt partner (drumroll........................)

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:11 pm
coltraning wrote:So if Pest has the shock and awe front court, I am going for the shock and awe backcourt. Ladies and gentlemen, the dude everyone loves to hate, America's favorite anal rapist as he throws one down in front of his HOF backcourt partner (drumroll........................)

guess I'm not going to get him in the fourth round like I did last year...
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:02 pm
Done. :thumbup:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball