Ruben Patterson?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:55 pm
"The Clippers waived forward Ruben Patterson in a move aimed at creating roster flexibility, according to the Los Angeles Times. Patterson was the only Clipper whose salary was not guaranteed. His one-year contract of $770,610 would have become guaranteed on Saturday."

What do u think about this guy comin to the warriors? I don't really like the guy, but we need rebounding when our starters are on the bench and he would be a veteran presence on a young team. He could provide energy and toughness for a cheap price. I dunno?

thoughts?

All Star
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:02 pm
i say sign him. hes cheap, hes a rebounder, hes a defender. even if it is just one year that we'll have him, itll be one year with another stellar defender who helps on the boards.

All Star
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 pm
I absolutely hate this wife beating idiot. He is a solid player and a vicious defender but I would never want him on the Warriors.

Role Player
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:10 pm
Yeah as much as he could bring to the court, I'm not looking to pick him up.

My concern is more than his attitude and actions off-court. My issue is that the W's ALREADY always have at least one non-suit player at each game because of the roster limitation. Bringing in Patterson only puts another body on the bench, forcing yet another young W out.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:23 pm
Thunder wrote:I absolutely hate this wife beating idiot. He is a solid player and a vicious defender but I would never want him on the Warriors.

He's been trouble free the last couple of years, but I see your point. And even agree. Patterson is a good player, but carries serious character issues. I'd be wary to bring him in.

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:24 pm
LEAVE THE TEAM ALONE UNTIL SOMETHING GOES REALLY WRONG OR WE GET AN OPPORTUNITY TO REALLY UPGRADE THROUGH A ROSTER MOVE.

If we start losing bad then yes, start grasping at silly deals.........

If we have a awful injury crisis then start discussing moves..............

Right now, we have most exciting/succesful/motivated/together team we have had for 13 years!!! lets just enjoy it for awhile.................once again, if aint broke, dont fix it.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:44 pm
I wouldn't waste any money on him, although he could help us immediately I would rather not have him taking up PT from our young guys

All Star
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:45 pm
you gotta figure tho...people are complaining about pietrus. why not sign patterson and give pietrus' minutes to him? he comes in 5-10 minutes to play some hard nosed defense and rebound and he's cheap. iono...just a thought.

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:04 pm
If we dont need to spend too much for him, fine by me. Like E-Man said, he could take Pietrus' minutes. Lord knows he is leaps and bounds better than Pietrus. Holy crap, Pietrus, you are ****ing terrible.

All Star
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:26 pm
My opinion: He's a basketball player, not a role model. It seems like a lot of Warriors fans are the most up tight fans in the league when it comes to bringing people who aren't spotless princesses to the team, I say take him if we can get him for the minimum, he's a good enough player and a bargain.

All Star
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:16 pm
I would sign him to a one year deal for the minimum. He's totally worth it! He brings defensive toughness (something that has won the last few games we won). We will use anything we can get (especially when it means getting Pietrus less playing time).

» Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:19 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:My opinion: He's a basketball player, not a role model. It seems like a lot of Warriors fans are the most up tight fans in the league when it comes to bringing people who aren't spotless princesses to the team, I say take him if we can get him for the minimum, he's a good enough player and a bargain.

I agree. In fact, I'd been lobbying for a Stephen Jackson trade 2 seasons before we even aquired him... and you should have heard the sort of things people were saying about him. "Attitude". "Trouble maker". "Bad guy". Now, 90% of Warriors fans suck the guy's dick. It's incredible.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:03 am
EMan32 wrote:you gotta figure tho...people are complaining about pietrus. why not sign patterson and give pietrus' minutes to him? he comes in 5-10 minutes to play some hard nosed defense and rebound and he's cheap. iono...just a thought.

Since you put it that way, I say go for it...pietrus has been absolutely useless lately...all he does is come in brick 3's, and commit the dumbest fouls that always lead to and 1's every ****ing game!!! At least Ruben will hack the **** outta people and not allow them to get and 1's.......but whatever, if it happens I won't hate...if it doesn't Im content with what we got right now

Hall of Famer
» Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:09 am
No need for him. The team is loaded with players that play SG/SF and doesn't need anyone else

All Star
» Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:26 am
migya wrote:No need for him. The team is loaded with players that play SG/SF and doesn't need anyone else

patterson is a sf/pf buddy :wink: