Current W's stars vs the younger W's studs

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:19 pm
i think it would be a good idea to use monta as trade bait. we should extend azubuikie and let him be our shooting guard of the future. if things are still looking grim in early febuary, we really put that trade exeption money to good use. i've been saying this over and over again, but we desperately need a defensive precense. we need someone that can rebound. havin a bit of experience and leadership wouldnt hurt either.

Franchise Player
» Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:19 pm
8th ave wrote:i think it would be a good idea to use monta as trade bait. we should extend azubuikie and let him be our shooting guard of the future. if things are still looking grim in early febuary, we really put that trade exeption money to good use. i've been saying this over and over again, but we desperately need a defensive precense. we need someone that can rebound. havin a bit of experience and leadership wouldnt hurt either.

Azubuike is too inexperienced to get a fat extension. Let him play the year, and if he is still doing well, by all means sign him up. Not yet, though.

Role Player
» Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:14 pm
Monta was my favorite for the past two years…i've been really rooting for him, but it doesn't seem like he's putting as much work into it as he used to. I think the stardom has gotten to him. He doesn't seem as humble. As for Azu, i believe he's a solid player…he caught my eye last year and he's always been consistent, pretty much in every category. Monta still has huge potential but so does Azu, and my bet is on Azu, unless monta can get his **** together again…Beans is still young and it's going to take him another year or so…He's a tall forward who's pretty quick for his size. He'll never be a garnett, but maybe a quick Zydrunas. He's special because of his size and quickness, and understanding of the game. Back to Azu…any guard that can give you tenacity on defense coupled with a double-double and throw in a few steals on any given night…which team wouldn't be happy with that? He's also a true professional…reminds me of ben gordon but stronger.

» Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:58 pm
LMAO @ the whole idea of this topic. ::lol: :mrgreen:

I recall the Lakers having an established, veteran roster (O'Neal, Horry, Ron Harper, Horace Grant, ect) mixed with a group of young, up-and-comers (Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant).

How'd that work out for them? A team doesn't have to choose between young talent and established players unless its roster is dominated by a surplus of one or the other. Miami, for example, should look to win now, rather than later. Atlanta, likewise, has no need for established players and should look purely to build for the future. The Warriors are not in that position. Their established players (Baron, Jackson, Harrington) are all under 30.

All Star
» Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:08 pm
32 wrote:LMAO @ the whole idea of this topic. ::lol: :mrgreen:

I recall the Lakers having an established, veteran roster (O'Neal, Horry, Ron Harper, Horace Grant, ect) mixed with a group of young, up-and-comers (Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant).

How'd that work out for them? A team doesn't have to choose between young talent and established players unless its roster is dominated by a surplus of one or the other. Miami, for example, should look to win now, rather than later. Atlanta, likewise, has no need for established players and should look purely to build for the future. The Warriors are not in that position. Their established players (Baron, Jackson, Harrington) are all under 30.

Good analysis.

Also, it sure seems like a lot of people are over reacting to this slow start. Jackson is out; Hudson is out; and the team has played a tough opening schedule.

While we all love Ellis, he definitely needs to step up his game, and if Nelson believes that he is more physically suited to be a point guard, then Ellis will need to develop his court awareness and make better decisions when handling the ball.

I am not panicking...yet.

All Star
» Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:13 pm
There is reason to over react to this losing streak! A team that took out the #1 seed and has a few close games in which they could have beaten out Utah.

For them to go 0-5 yeah that just shows that we have alot of problems on the court! As always it our defense and rebounding. But we are allowing teams to score almost at will. And we have not even outrebounded a single team since preseason. We don't have the same chemistry that was carried over from last years team.

It's a new identity of players trying to find their roles. Losing two top players and letting go of almost half of your team. Yeah, whenever you do that you can't expect the team to pick up from where they left off.

Mullin and management should take the full blame for this slow start! AB and Monta had ok year in 2006. That alone shouldn't have caused the GM to get rid of their of one of their highest paid player for sake of resigning players. Now of instead of taking a step back. It more of like taking 3 steps back. This year reminds me of when Nellie took the team to the playoffs bk then. Then the following year we didn't make the playoffs and had one of the worst records in the league and Nellie was let go.

All Star
» Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:35 pm
Huh #32 I think you are a bit slow in picking up the provided info! If you look deeper in the topic. And take the time to think about it maybe it would sink alittle bit deeper into your tiny brain!

This commitment to the younger unproven talent is what's upsetting! This team can not afford to wait another 3-4 yrs to progress!

Why would you trade your star player for unproven talent! This trade is almost as bad as when Devin Harris was traded for Jamison. A high draft pick traded for a star player. Harris is a good player but not an all star type of player. Granted that they won many games. You don't trade a star player unless you know for sure that he will be the sure thing.

We all know that you don't like #32 but he and Davis we a dynamic backcourt! Even Davis didn't like the fact that his teammate was traded. I don't care what anyone else thinks about the Richardson and Wright trade. It all boils down to who the players blend in well with and Richardson was not a headcase. He was the backbone to this team and you can't deny the success he had when he came back! Without him I might add the W's wouldn't have made the playoffs and we wouldn't even be having this conservation now about how bad the team is.

Without J-rich return last year the W's don't make the playoffs. Now that all of our expectation have been raised it's a big disappointment this year and maybe a reality check. You don't mess with guys financial security and break up the teams chemistry! In that I think Mully listened to the outcry of "I don't what to see another W's player leave and be a star somewhere else!" So let's just trade one of our superstars to please everybody! Wrong move for the Dubs and our future! So, tired of seeing them being successfull for a short series then all of a sudden stink up the joint! Another year of this **** I'm gonna jump on the Celtics bandwagon train!!!

All Star
» Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:44 pm
J-Rich wrote:Huh #32 I think you are a bit slow in picking up the provided info! If you look deeper in the topic. And take the time to think about it maybe it would sink alittle bit deeper into your tiny brain!

This commitment to the younger unproven talent is what's upsetting! This team can not afford to wait another 3-4 yrs to progress!

Why would you trade your star player for unproven talent! This trade is almost as bad as when Devin Harris was traded for Jamison. A high draft pick traded for a star player. Harris is a good player but not an all star type of player. Granted that they won many games. You don't trade a star player unless you know for sure that he will be the sure thing.

We all know that you don't like #32 but he and Davis we a dynamic backcourt! Even Davis didn't like the fact that his teammate was traded. I don't care what anyone else thinks about the Richardson and Wright trade. It all boils down to who the players blend in well with and Richardson was not a headcase. He was the backbone to this team and you can't deny the success he had when he came back! Without him I might add the W's wouldn't have made the playoffs and we wouldn't even be having this conservation now about how bad the team is.

Without J-rich return last year the W's don't make the playoffs. Now that all of our expectation have been raised it's a big disappointment this year and maybe a reality check. You don't mess with guys financial security and break up the teams chemistry! In that I think Mully listened to the outcry of "I don't what to see another W's player leave and be a star somewhere else!" So let's just trade one of our superstars to please everybody! Wrong move for the Dubs and our future! So, tired of seeing them being successfull for a short series then all of a sudden stink up the joint! Another year of this **** I'm gonna jump on the Celtics bandwagon train!!!

Wait. You'd rather have Jamison than Stackhouse and Harris right now or at any point during the last four years?

Granted I'd take Jamison over Stackhouse but Harris is a pretty darn good player now.

All Star
» Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:10 am
cladden wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Huh #32 I think you are a bit slow in picking up the provided info! If you look deeper in the topic. And take the time to think about it maybe it would sink alittle bit deeper into your tiny brain!

Wait. You'd rather have Jamison than Stackhouse and Harris right now or at any point during the last four years?

Granted I'd take Jamison over Stackhouse but Harris is a pretty darn good player now.

actually id take jamison over stackhouse and harris. thats just me tho.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:41 am
EMan32 wrote:
cladden wrote:Wait. You'd rather have Jamison than Stackhouse and Harris right now or at any point during the last four years?

Not only you... I'd also take Jamison over those two. Of course, it depends on the team, and Dallas needed Stack and Harris more than they needed Jamison, so the trade worked out well for both teams.

» Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:33 am

... wait, so after I proved your entire logic about young studs and veteran players to be totally wrong, you fall back on the purely-opinion-based argument of the Jason Richardson trade...?

Brandan Wright has played a total of 3 NBA minutes. Come get at me when you've actually seen what this kid has to offer. Nellie's sending Kosta Perovic down to the D-League, but he's been quoted saying that Brandan Wright has done enough to keep his spot on the Warriors for the foreseable future. If he's impressing Nellie, he must be doing something right.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:55 pm
any cerdibility you had was lost once you mentioned bringing in Artest....why don't we go ahead and trade for bonzi wells, darius miles, and bring sprewell outta retirement so we can have the most disfunctional team ever. You have to realize Monta Ellis and AB are still supposed to be in college, they are very along in the process for their ages. When monta is 25 he will be a beast if he can get his mid range shot consistant. JRich is a great example, his first few years in the league all he could do was dunk, and had very little shooting skills... each year he improved and the game slowed down for him, now he is a beast. I guess what I am saying is I am happy with where Monta and Beans are at in their developement. I don't know if beans will ever be a true offensive force to be reckoned with, but he is basically a one man rebounding machine on this team and has the best hands of any big man the warriors have had in my lifetime. Just relax, us missing SJax is a big loss...any time you have to play without a guarenteed 15-20 points and 3-5 assists a night not to mention a tough defender you will struggle to win games unless your an elite team....

All Star
» Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:04 pm
I'd rather send Wright to the D-League and have him be the main guy over there! Lifting weights and having his confidence up while playing alot of minutes. We can bring him back at any time during the season anyways.

Getting 5-8 minutes a game is not going to help his development.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:51 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
cladden wrote:Wait. You'd rather have Jamison than Stackhouse and Harris right now or at any point during the last four years?

Not only you... I'd also take Jamison over those two. Of course, it depends on the team, and Dallas needed Stack and Harris more than they needed Jamison, so the trade worked out well for both teams.

Stack and Harris are a better fit in Dallas than Jamison ever would be. They did the right thing doing that trade