What's up with Biedrins?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:41 pm
well..if biedrins have a monster season this year than W's gonna spend more money.

Maybe more than 12 millions/year for the salaries...not including other players who are on the line for extension...

Big headache for the W's management. :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
» Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:32 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Maybe Biedrins looked over this site and took your previous words personally. :wink: JK.

He has been a beast these past couple games. There's the Biedrins we all thought we had.

Honestly, what he has been doing the last couple of games is more than I expected out of him, especially this year, at twenty-one. I never expected him to develop as much of an offensive game as he has.

He had a few impressive games on offense last year... too scattered, but proved he can score. Albeit not too far from the rim.

Franchise Player
» Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:22 am
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Maybe Biedrins looked over this site and took your previous words personally. :wink: JK.

He has been a beast these past couple games. There's the Biedrins we all thought we had.

Honestly, what he has been doing the last couple of games is more than I expected out of him, especially this year, at twenty-one. I never expected him to develop as much of an offensive game as he has.

He had a few impressive games on offense last year... too scattered, but proved he can score. Albeit not too far from the rim.

Scattered is the key word. This year, he seems to have some consistancy, at least in the last few games. Also, he is constantly making free throws, and that is something that he has never been able to do.

All Star
» Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:06 am
EMan32 wrote:look at what biedrins did against the clipps tonight. tore their asses up. the moment he is seen as a threat, we turn around n run. once they adjust to that we go back to biedrins. dont give the other team a chance to get comfy

agree with you on one point and one point only...he kicked the clipper's ass...

but like always, he needs to thank the rest of his team for setting him up with some easy buckets.

as well as his hustling and getting garbage points...

but it's not b/c he's seen as a threat or because we "ran our offense" through him...

All Star
» Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am

that's what i was thinking too...but whatever, i hope AB keeps proving me wrong and keeps putting up these monster numbers...

i should start talking sh*t about ellis now...may it'll light a fire under him.

All Star
» Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:35 pm
Anything we can do to "light the fire". Ellis needs to get it going. Everytime I drop someone from one of my fantasy teams, they end up going off! So today, I dropped Monta...I hope it helps!

Role Player
» Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:20 pm
what's up with him? He's playing center when he has a Power Forward's body.

All Star
» Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:26 pm
sleandres wrote:Anything we can do to "light the fire". Ellis needs to get it going. Everytime I drop someone from one of my fantasy teams, they end up going off! So today, I dropped Monta...I hope it helps!

All of my players were playing today so I benched Ellis. Ofcourse this is the game when he goes off.

All Star
» Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:36 pm
cladden wrote:
sleandres wrote:Anything we can do to "light the fire". Ellis needs to get it going. Everytime I drop someone from one of my fantasy teams, they end up going off! So today, I dropped Monta...I hope it helps!

All of my players were playing today so I benched Ellis. Ofcourse this is the game when he goes off.

Yeah, I knew he had a 31, 7 night in him... :wink:

All Star
» Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 am
sleandres wrote:
cladden wrote:

Another 31 against PHX

All Star
» Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:05 am
sleandres wrote:
sleandres wrote:
cladden wrote:

Another 31 against PHX

This time I had him in :-)

All Star
» Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:14 am
cladden wrote:
sleandres wrote:
sleandres wrote:
cladden wrote:

Another 31 against PHX

Well, I would keep playing him. He's been shooting very well since I dropped him :) :banghead:

Hall of Famer
» Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:20 am
sleandres wrote:
cladden wrote:
sleandres wrote:
sleandres wrote:
cladden wrote:

Another 31 against PHX

Well, I would keep playing him. He's been shooting very well since I dropped him :) :banghead:

I don't have him active in my lineups because my points are alright and he really doesn't do much else. Tough to keep him out but there is more than one category

Rookie
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:52 am
hi i just sign up and i'm from Latvia.I want know when this season end A.Biedrins will get new contract from warriors or he will be free agent?

sorry if i have some mistakes!!! :roll:

Role Player
» Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:26 pm
eidis007 wrote:hi i just sign up and i'm from Latvia.I want know when this season end A.Biedrins will get new contract from warriors or he will be free agent?

sorry if i have some mistakes!!! :roll:

Welcome eidis! The regular season will end on April 16th for the Warriors. We all hope that they make the playoffs which would push their season into May and possibly even June.

As for Andris's contract situation, he will be a restricted free agent after this season. This means that he can test free agency and if a team makes him an offer, the Warriors then have 10 days to match or better the offer.

My guess is that the Warriors will match any offer and will keep Andris on board for quite some time. He is a great player and keeps getting better and better.