What's up with Biedrins?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 pm
Why does Andris look lackadaisical out there? Have any of you noticed this? Biedrins looks like he's not 100% focused. I didn't see this from him last year, but it seems to me that he's not hustling as much as he used to. He's not fighting for rebounds as much, hustling down the court as much, challenging shots as much... Where's that fire at Andris!? Even the look on his face is different. He doesn't have that intense look as he did last year. He has that "I don't care" look on his face. I know it's only 3 games into the season, but Andris was one person I thought for sure would step up in these early season games.

Does anyone else see this or am I the only one? I'm an AB fan, but this is kind of pissing me off.
Last edited by Josh Jamison on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:42 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:Why does Andres look lackadaisical out there? Have any of you noticed this? Biedrins looks like he's not 100% focused. I didn't see this from him last year, but it seems to me that he's not hustling as much as he used to. He's not fighting for rebounds as much, hustling down the court as much, challenging shots as much... Where's that fire at Andres!? Even the look on his face is different. He doesn't have that intense look as he did last year. He has that "I don't care" look on his face. I know it's only 3 games into the season, but Andres was one person I thought for sure would step up in these early season games.

Does anyone else see this or am I the only one? I'm an AB fan, but this is kind of pissing me off.

I just asked 32 in another thread about Beans. I don't think the three games is a good sample size, especially with his limited playing time against the Clippers because of fouls and his losing battle against the Jazz for the other two games.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:59 pm
Also, he has a big contract waiting for him after the year, so I really doubt his attitude is gonna be a problem.

Maybe tired from the euro championships?... We'll see. 3 games is not a valid sample. Let's wait til the team has played 20.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 pm
Tired or not it is reallt surprising to see him not do so well. It is early but if he doesn't come aorund quickly the team will suffer and so will his contract situation from his side

Franchise Player
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:15 am
TMC wrote:Also, he has a big contract waiting for him after the year, so I really doubt his attitude is gonna be a problem.

Maybe tired from the euro championships?... We'll see. 3 games is not a valid sample. Let's wait til the team has played 20.

True, and in time I bet we'll see the same effects on LeBron, Carmelo and the rest of Team USA that played at the FIBA Americas and last years Summer championship games.

All Star
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:18 am
someone needs to slap em around and starve his ass... that man needs to get hungry again... my guess is that he got used to the slow pace of euro league. hopefully he just needs a couple of games to get his mojo back... if i dont see his tenacity back in a couple of more games, imma be very worred... COME BACK ANDRIS!!! :cry:

Hall of Famer
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:36 am
8th ave wrote:someone needs to slap em around and starve his ass... that man needs to get hungry again... my guess is that he got used to the slow pace of euro league. hopefully he just needs a couple of games to get his mojo back... if i dont see his tenacity back in a couple of more games, imma be very worred... COME BACK ANDRIS!!! :cry:

:scratch:

You starve the cunnt and he'll disappear

All Star
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:55 am
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:someone needs to slap em around and starve his ass... that man needs to get hungry again... my guess is that he got used to the slow pace of euro league. hopefully he just needs a couple of games to get his mojo back... if i dont see his tenacity back in a couple of more games, imma be very worred... COME BACK ANDRIS!!! :cry:

Lol funny for 2 reasons

1-genuinely humorous

2-Ozzies can pick Ozzies a mile away:)

Hall of Famer
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:58 am
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:someone needs to slap em around and starve his ass...

Interesting motivational tool. :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:47 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:

Lol funny for 2 reasons

1-genuinely humorous

2-Ozzies can pick Ozzies a mile away:)

In this case thousands of miles away :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:31 am
Let's hope Andris steps it up these next two games because we NEED him.

Role Player
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:09 pm
A couple of good points in here come out of the same thing: the Euro championships. Dre could very weel be feeling the fatugue of playing ball all year round, especially as he was one of the stars of his home squad this summer. And the transition from Euro (slow) ball to the NBA might take a few games as well.

But let's not also forget that Dre is not creating much himself. Nor is he likely to. He's not getting the easy putbacks this year, because teams are making a real effert to box him out. And, both the Clips and the Jazz are great rebounding teams.

But, he's also not seeing much dished off to him. Again, the Clips and the Jazz are solid front-court teams, and dre can't really be the focus for the W's when they are playing against them.

But, as with most threads started lately, its only game 4 tonight. There are NO TRENDS created yet. Well, maybe a lack of defense, but that's about it. Don't worry yet.

All Star
» Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:42 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:Why does Andris look lackadaisical out there?... Does anyone else see this or am I the only one? I'm an AB fan, but this is kind of pissing me off.

I see that, too. I am also unhappy that his game doesn't seem to be better than last year. He is still getting pushed around, the refs continue to call air fouls on him and only Bellineli passes the ball to him.

POB is getting more time and is doing well. Sometimes better than AB.

Maybe he is frustrated. And tired like others have noted.

All Star
» Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:38 am
i meant starving him as a metaphor. he needs to play his heart out again. he needs to be hungry for those rebounds, which all you guys should know is alla bout will... you gotta want the damn thing... nah mean? :?

Hall of Famer
» Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:59 am
8th ave wrote:i meant starving him as a metaphor. he needs to play his heart out again. he needs to be hungry for those rebounds, which all you guys should know is alla bout will... you gotta want the damn thing... nah mean? :?

He played better tonight so it is a good sign.

Maybe they are starving the cunnt...........

Maybe he needed to lose the five extra pounds he put on eating and drinking over Latvia's surprising success in Europe

:mrgreen: