New Warriors Team Theme

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:38 pm
A theme for the Golden State Warriors has been discussed on "The Warriors Movie Site"

http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/forum/index. ... #msg100846

Here's the idea:

I've often thought that the team has been missing a great promotion by not getting permission to team up with the owner of the rights to The Warriors movie.
Wouldn't it be great to go to a Warriors basketball game that featured music from the Warriors soundtrack. The fans could wear Warriors gang clothing. The Warriors basketball team could enter the darkened court with the sound of beer bottles tapping together and "warriors, come out to play" on the PA system.

What do you guys think? ....

Hall of Famer
» Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:40 pm
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds alright but others on here know more about that than I do

Role Player
» Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:14 pm
Love the whole "Waaaaarriors, cooome out to plaaaaaay" bit. Love the movie, and that scene is f*cking awesome. As for the rest of it...no idea if it could be used as a promotional tool...nice idea though.

All Star
» Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:11 am
im pretty sure the warriors as well as the NBA dont want to promote anything that has to do with gangs...although, i agree, the "warriors, come out to play" thing would be sick. i think if anything that would be a great beginning to the entrance music when they introduce the players. speaking of which...cant wait til opening day!!!!! woooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
» Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:26 am
EMan32 wrote:im pretty sure the warriors as well as the NBA dont want to promote anything that has to do with gangs...

Exactly. Stern would collapse on the mere thought.

Welcome to the board, pierangler. :hello2:

Rookie
» Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:im pretty sure the warriors as well as the NBA dont want to promote anything that has to do with gangs...

I understand the idea of not promoting "gangs" but this is a "theme."

If this took off I am certain that Golden State Warriors team apparel would be the most sought after in basketball....for that matter - in any sport. Visiting teams would be at a great disadvantage due to the new theme which would be wildly supported.

All Star
» Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:29 pm
pierangler wrote:
TMC wrote:

I understand the idea of not promoting "gangs" but this is a "theme."

If this took off I am certain that Golden State Warriors team apparel would be the most sought after in basketball....for that matter - in any sport. Visiting teams would be at a great disadvantage due to the new theme which would be wildly supported.

yeah but its a theme that would give kids the idea that its ok to spray paint words anywhere and do it in red so that it looks like blood dripping down. dont get me wrong, i like the game and the movie, but it would send out the wrong message to people. understand that from a marketing standpoint, what brings in a lot of money doesnt exactly bring in a lot of fans. im sure if the warriors agreed to have this theme, there would be parents filing suits left n right and they would basically try to shut the warriors down. whether you think its harmless or not and gang related or not, it is. to you its just a theme, but taking on the whole graffiti warriors tag rated R movie and rated mature game isnt exactly in the NBA's best interest. people are already complaining about the NBA becoming apart of the Hip Hop culture, which is why they banned chain necklaces and street clothes when sitting on the bench. that was the whole reason for the "dressing up" on the bench rule.

Rookie
» Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:20 pm
they've done it...I mean, I've been at game when the "Warrriorrrrrrrrs! Come out 2 plaaaayaaaaaayeeee!!!!" Has been broadcasted with the bottles on the fingers cat. I remember they played it almost every game when they were in San Jose for a year. I highly doubt that this theme will catapult the Dubs into merchandising upper echalons. How 'bout just being the coolest fuckin team on the planet? We'll roll with that one 4 a while.

Franchise Player
» Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:42 pm
That song is sick.

If you go to goldenstateofmind, there's a guy called Tony.psd or something like. He's a helluva an artist on Warriors stuff. I wish they'd sell his art on t-shirts or something. He's real creative.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:09 pm
drewbacca22 wrote:they've done it...I mean, I've been at game when the "Warrriorrrrrrrrs! Come out 2 plaaaayaaaaaayeeee!!!!" Has been broadcasted with the bottles on the fingers cat. I remember they played it almost every game when they were in San Jose for a year. I highly doubt that this theme will catapult the Dubs into merchandising upper echalons. How 'bout just being the coolest fuckin team on the planet? We'll roll with that one 4 a while.

yea mann they done plenty of times within the past 10years. they normally play the part when that doods talking to everybody, " can u dig ittttt.."

Starting Lineup
» Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:57 pm
I am actually kind of tired of hearing that ****. Every ****ing ESPN analyst says that **** to introduce the W's it seems like.....its hella played out

Site Admin
» Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:21 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:I am actually kind of tired of hearing that ****. Every ****ing ESPN analyst says that **** to introduce the W's it seems like.....its hella played out
Yup, I agree. They just think it's clever because of the nearly nonexistent exposure they give the warriors, us on the other hand have to hear that phrase repeatedly when the warriors actually do something.

No offense pierangler, but you asked for opinions - It's not an original idea, in fact I believe I have heard similar ideas on this same forum before. Well at least the fans wearing the old school gang clothing is a stupid idea (again no offense just being honest) I know I wont be showing up in tight-faded jeans, tight-white tee, and small leather jacket (F*CK that!).

As far as the whole PA thing, as unoriginal it maybe, it's not a bad idea, but EMan is right; we live in a way too much of a conservative society for this to happen.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:11 pm
woooah...since when did we start editing bad words on this site? ****!

Hall of Famer
» Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:21 am
nickdakoolkat wrote:woooah...since when did we start editing bad words on this site? ****!

It's automatically done by the board's software. Nobody edits anything.

It's easily avoidable if you don't write the full word, or replace one of the characters with a different one (like an *).

Rookie
» Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:36 pm
I dont know if anyone has ever seen this on you tube but this song is SICK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmsEbUcQXYg