Barnett raving about POB??? Youtube on nba.com/warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Well the title says it all, even Nelson is encourage. One thing everyone has said about POB this time is that he is MORE aggressive, now that is WHAT I want to hear. Granted its in the training camp, but its encoouraging and i sure hope he is MORE aggressive!!!

POB contributing this season??!??!?! HELL YEAH, JUST BRING IT!

All Star
» Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:40 pm
hey if POB can be a positive contributor, then i aint mad. after watching barnett's blog and hearing about POB's progress, im actually looking forward to seeing how he pans out.

Rookie
» Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:02 pm
Last edited by dubsfan1 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:35 pm
watching barnett's blog for day 2 (10/04/07) at about 2 minutes it shows the team doing a 5-on-5 drill. buike is playing with the starters and ellis is playing with the second unit. i actually wouldnt be suprised to see buike start.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:10 am
I don't think Azu will start but you never know with Nelson.

O'bryant has a major advantage having jump shooting ability. He seems to have most skills down decently but nothing special. Anything he gives is a plus but all this talk of Croshere playing alot of Center doesn't bode well for O'bryant. Personally, I'd only play Croshere if the young guys aren't playing well, that's the only reason I'd play him considerable amount of time. The young guys need to develop and for that they need a chance on the court

All Star
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:07 am
There's no way Croshere plays considerable amounts of time unless that means 10 mins a game or less. Biedrins will stay out of foul trouble better this year and will man the 5 for a good 35 mins atleast. That's my prediction. I ****ing hope Croshere doesn't do the rest but that should be max. Barring injuries ofcourse.

All Star
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:14 am
hmmm... maybe i might consider pickin him up for my H2H league??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All Star
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:37 am
cladden wrote:There's no way Croshere plays considerable amounts of time unless that means 10 mins a game or less. Biedrins will stay out of foul trouble better this year and will man the 5 for a good 35 mins atleast. That's my prediction. I ****ing hope Croshere doesn't do the rest but that should be max. Barring injuries ofcourse.

35 minutes might be too much for biedrins. i see around 30 a game...big men dont have stamina like guards...they tire easily.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:13 am
~W~ wrote:Well the title says it all, even Nelson is encourage. One thing everyone has said about POB this time is that he is MORE aggressive, now that is WHAT I want to hear. Granted its in the training camp, but its encoouraging and i sure hope he is MORE aggressive!!!

POB contributing this season??!??!?! HELL YEAH, JUST BRING IT!

I didn't expect anything from POB this season, but if he's able to, at least, play backup minutes to Beans, all the better.

Also, seems like Al Harrington is having a good camp, too. That's great news. He's a lot more talented than he showed last season.

Site Admin
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:43 am
First time I've seen Barnett's Blog, and it's some uplifting and optimistic stuff. Probably one of the first things I've heard or seen that has really gotten me pumped for the season, though I know it's a homer praising his team, it's still nice to hear. I can't wait to see how are knew lineup will pan out Nov 30th, when we get a shot at some revenge against the Jazz.

» Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:45 am
Patrick O'Bryant is already this forum's punching bag.

Even if he does well, the most respect he'll get is silence from his critics... and you can bet the second he starts screwing up, EVERYONE will post about it. Its a no-win situation for O'Bryant.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:00 am
32 wrote:Patrick O'Bryant is already this forum's punching bag.

Even if he does well, the most respect he'll get is silence from his critics... and you can bet the second he starts screwing up, EVERYONE will post about it. Its a no-win situation for O'Bryant.

I agree, but then again, he can care less about this forum. 7 footers don't grow on trees and its nice to have one that can run...

BTW, was watching the blog and notice Kosta aka #19 running the break on their drills. Thi0n but hey he's another 7 footer, young 7 footer. I dont expect much from him of anything, he might even see some time with Lasme/wright in the NBDL since we are so deep...

All Star
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 am
32 wrote:Patrick O'Bryant is already this forum's punching bag.

Personally I've chosen Pietrus as my go-to goat for this season.

Franchise Player
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:42 pm
Maybe all those times he was sent down to the D-League helped strengthen his mental toughness significantly.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:58 pm
I think MP is most peoples punching bag this year, but we are real deep and I think everyone on the team will contribute. Dont forget we have Kosta signed to back up Beans as well as POB.