Stephen Lasme signed today.... was on KNBR...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:43 pm
Listening to Rod and Brooks...

Sounds like a humble guy, but at 6'8 215, he must be really long to block shots like that way he does... Could he be our version of Paul Milsap?

Rookie
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:46 pm
I think he will be more like Shawn Marion, without the wierd looking jump shot.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Took them a while...

I don't know if he'll be another Millsap. He's one of those guys that were always under the radar, so I've never seen him play, but from what I've read, he seems like the kind of player we can use. Hopefully he'll make the team instead of going down to the NBDL.

Franchise Player
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:48 pm
I really do think that he can be. Maybe not this year, but in the future, he should be a good role player for us. He is a freakishly good shot blocker, and he can bang around inside for the rebound. I am looking forward to seeing him play.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:56 pm
I'm intrigue by his role.. Rebounding, blocking shots, and defense. Sounds like Foyle to me but cheaper and hopefully he can run out to the open floor.

Think Mullin found another gem in the second round?

Role Player
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:04 pm
Foyle 2.0? Without the overpaid part? I wouldn't mind that for 10 minutes a night. After all we do need Rebounding and interior D.

Franchise Player
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:04 pm
See the thing with Foyle was that he couldnt move enough to play. He wont be like Foyle. They say more like Kirilinko. That is a really scary thought. :shock:

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/draft/1226084

Rookie
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:12 pm
What are his odds on making the team? Sure he's going to crack the top 12 or be in the DL.

Franchise Player
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:16 pm
It depends on what they do with the rest of their rotation. Rumor has it that Rooney is leaving and Pietrus is going to get traded. We wont know if he will make the team until we finalize who is on the team.

» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:18 pm
Kirilenko's a stretch, to me. I see Lasme more like a Bo Outlaw.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:21 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:See the thing with Foyle was that he couldnt move enough to play. He wont be like Foyle. They say more like Kirilinko. That is a really scary thought. :shock:

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/draft/1226084

I think many owuld agree that it wasn't much of the fact that Foyle can't run but he couldn't catch the ballin traffic. After reading that description it looks like its the same problem with Lasme...

Only thing is Lasme is younger at this point and wants to improve on his game whereas Foyle pretty much stayed the same for all the years he was with the Warriors

Hall of Famer
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:31 pm
32 wrote:Kirilenko's a stretch, to me. I see Lasme more like a Bo Outlaw.

Yeah, from what I've read, Outlaw seems like a much closer comparison.

It's funny when all these second rounders are compared to All Stars. Perovic is the new Big Z, Lasme is the new Kirilenko... And those are only our rookies, but it happens in every team. There's a reason they were second rounders. It's a lot more probable to see them out of the league after their rookie contracts than as all stars. Arenas and Boozer are exceptions, not the rule... but the comparisons with all stars keep coming.

» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:35 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:Kirilenko's a stretch, to me. I see Lasme more like a Bo Outlaw.

Yeah, from what I've read, Outlaw seems like a much closer comparison.

It's funny when all these second rounders are compared to All Stars. Perovic is the new Big Z, Lasme is the new Kirilenko... And those are only our rookies, but it happens in every team. There's a reason they were second rounders. It's a lot more probable to see them out of the league after their rookie contracts than as all stars. Arenas and Boozer are exceptions, not the rule... but the comparisons with all stars keep coming.

:dontknow: I think the best part is that our first rounders are related to WORSE players than our 2nd rounders.

Stephan Lasme is related to AK-47... but Marco Belinelli, who tore up the summer league, is only getting Vinny Del Negro and Brent Barry props?!?

Franchise Player
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:37 pm
Some players are second round picks because they are skill players. They have their skill set, and that is it. Lasme plays defense. That is all he does. Some teams dont want a player like that, or they have other needs.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:39 pm
The only reason they are compared to "All Stars" is because they are recognizable names with a certain skill set. I don't believe they are in the same league as these players but in comparison, their game is similar.
But you already knew that right?