How many hits per day?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:05 pm
I'm just wondering... how many people visit this site on average? I personally think that this forum is more interesting than goldenstateofmind.com. :P Btw, is anyone getting those mini-plans for the warriors this season?

Franchise Player
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:26 pm
aaustria wrote:I'm just wondering... how many people visit this site on average? I personally think that this forum is more interesting than goldenstateofmind.com. :P Btw, is anyone getting those mini-plans for the warriors this season?

I was really trying to swing season tickets this year but just could not convince the wife that I needed W's season tickets on TOP of Seahawk season tickets. It was one or the other and no chance I give up my Hawk tickets.

If the Hawks were local I could have probably swung it but the ticket price on top of airfare and hotel costs pretty much account for all of my sports budget. So I will just probably buy about 10 games or so individually.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:40 am
aaustria wrote:I'm just wondering... how many people visit this site on average? I personally think that this forum is more interesting than goldenstateofmind.com. :P

I'm not sure how many users visit this board on a daily basis. There are a few regulars that do it almost everyday, but it changes a lot pending on the moment of the season. Some users posted a lot during the playoffs just to disappear after them.

As for the comparison between the GoldenStateofMind site and this one... they're different. This is strictly a board, while they have a blog there. I think this one is a lot more user-friendly to post. Still, the objectives are different. The best thing you can do is check both sites. I certainly do so (although I don't post there).

Hall of Famer
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:15 am
TMC wrote:
aaustria wrote:I'm just wondering... how many people visit this site on average? I personally think that this forum is more interesting than goldenstateofmind.com. :P

I'm not sure how many users visit this board on a daily basis. There are a few regulars that do it almost everyday, but it changes a lot pending on the moment of the season. Some users posted a lot during the playoffs just to disappear after them.

As for the comparison between the GoldenStateofMind site and this one... they're different. This is strictly a board, while they have a blog there. I think this one is a lot more user-friendly to post. Still, the objectives are different. The best thing you can do is check both sites. I certainly do so (although I don't post there).

You said it well. This forum is a great place of conversation and we all are free to expres ourselves and all have a genuine interest in the Warriors

Starting Lineup
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:49 am
Truthfully, I like using this site more when the season is going. GSOM is more entertaining in the offseason.

Role Player
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:18 am
yeah.. right now im just trying to find topics to talk about until the season starts...now that the KG rumor is over... i don't really know what else to talk about except repeating the same ol', same ol'.

Founder
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:01 pm
A typical weekday during the off-season we get about 3,000 page views. Normal day during the season last year it was about 6000-7000. During the playoffs last year it was about 10000-12000 per day. I know we got a lot of the new members during the playoffs last year, so interesting to see if it will carry over into this season.

Franchise Player
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:08 pm
:shock: Wow, thats a lot more than I thought...

Starting Lineup
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:45 pm
But there's a difference between "hits" and "page views" right?

Hall of Famer
» Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:11 pm
BT wrote:But there's a difference between "hits" and "page views" right?

That's right, a page view is exactly that, a single user viewing a page. A hit is each file sent to a browser by a web server. So there are always a lot more hits than page views.

For example, let's say you load a page with 3 pictures. Those are 4 hits. One for the page and another one for each picture.

That's why web traffic is usually measured in page views.