Western Power Rankings

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:48 am
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/w ... index.html

This writer is hella stupid... The Rockets and Nuggets are ranked above the Warriors? Did he forget they got blasted out of the FIRST ROUND of the Playoffs, not to mention The Rockets or Nuggets haven't made it out of the first round in years. Plus, did he forget that the Warriors gave the NBA it's biggest upset in HISTORY? Then Marco as our ONLY HOPE? Monta, Biedrins? Looks like Warrior Haterism is back in full swing yall...

7. WARRIORS: It's tempting to rate them higher after the way they tore through the West down the stretch and slayed the Mavs in the playoffs. But Baron Davis is injury-prone, Matt Barnes and Mickael Pietrus remain unsigned, and they might miss Jason Richardson (traded to Charlotte) more than they think. They better hope that Italian sharpshooter Marco Belinelli doesn't play like a rookie.

All Star
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:58 am
bimboandmookie wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marty_burns/08/03/west.rankings/index.html

This writer is hella stupid... The Rockets and Nuggets are ranked above the Warriors? Did he forget they got blasted out of the FIRST ROUND of the Playoffs, not to mention The Rockets or Nuggets haven't made it out of the first round in years. Plus, did he forget that the Warriors gave the NBA it's biggest upset in HISTORY? Then Marco as our ONLY HOPE? Monta, Biedrins? Looks like Warrior Haterism is back in full swing yall...

7. WARRIORS: It's tempting to rate them higher after the way they tore through the West down the stretch and slayed the Mavs in the playoffs. But Baron Davis is injury-prone, Matt Barnes and Mickael Pietrus remain unsigned, and they might miss Jason Richardson (traded to Charlotte) more than they think. They better hope that Italian sharpshooter Marco Belinelli doesn't play like a rookie.

not that im trying to hate and im not saying you didn't know, but don't forget the nuggets lost to the spurs and the rockets took the jazz, who we dont need to remind kicked our asses, to seven games, and actually choked it away. so, sorry dude, i'd agree with this dude's preseason rankings.

Role Player
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:09 am
Ha typical talk from an asshole sports writer.

Dude it makes it all the more better for us to play he dark horse role that were so badass at portraying. And it will make it even sweeter when we prove stupid don't know **** analysts wrong AGAIN. :mrgreen:

I like it better this way, because we don't have a bunch of bandwagoners jumping on us and only the TRUE fans will know the REAL outcome. :wink: 8)

Hall of Famer
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:10 am
Yeah, I don't agree with what he wrote about the Dubs, but I do with the position we're rated. It's even debatable that we're 7th in the west. The Lakers and Hornets are really close to our level, as would be the Clips if not for Brand's injury.

» Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:54 am
The Rockets have gotten hella better. Steve Francis helps them a lot.

All Star
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:39 pm
Like TMC, I don't really agree with the blurbs he wrote about every team, but I agree with his positioning 9at least 1 through 9ish).

I'd actually put the Suns ahead of the Mavs though, at this point. Grant Hill is going to help them that much.

All Star
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:53 pm
I can see why they would rank the Warriors lower, but it just means the W's gotta prove they can be a consistent winner in the west. Hopefully they can make bigger strides this year

Role Player
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:30 pm
I think thats about right. The warriors have a lot of unknowns right now where are Denver and Houston know what they have.

All Star
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:52 pm
looks good to me...i think the warriors could be as high as 6th but i also think they could be as low as 9th, so seeing them at 7th is about right. as 32 said, steve francis helps the rockets out a lot. and for now they still have rafer alston who aint to shabby himself. then you got mr intangible shane battier, bonzi wells (who will prove to be hella good when healthy like he was in sac), and the big Yao who finally averages about 9-10 rebounds a game now....oh and yeah theres a guy over there by the name of T-Mac who is supposed to be pretty good too.

denver, i could see why you might think we should be ranked ahead of them, but you gotta think that this year theyre gonna play better because theyre able to work on their chemistry over this summer. AI will prolly be playing more PG this season with chucky atkins coming off the bench and either kleiza or jr smith starting at sg. plus they still have melo, nene, and camby...their bench isnt exactly thin either with regie evans and (pending health) kenyon martin.

we have a lot of good talent and best believe that chris mullin is gonna make some moves for us to get more. but as our teams stand right now the 7th ranking is prettty much where i expect us at.

Role Player
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:57 pm
yeah i agree with the ranking, but not so much the analysis itself.

All Star
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:34 pm
basically about as bold as lettuce and mayonnaise, this analysis defines conventional wisdom. Wow - pretty daring to pick the spurs to win the conference. He has the same exact teams making the playoffs in virtually the same order. While it is hard to argue on paper, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the trailblazers make some noise.

All Star
» Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:24 pm
I don't give a damn about the W's rank...no matter what the W's will kick all the teams butt so hard next season.
with Belinelli with us i am ok we losing J-rich to Bobcats...only B.wright is question mark in the roster team now.Is he good or bad?...we don't know..just hope he can turn to 'amazing player' :D

W's are the magic team ...u know why?
we can change to be 'Pacers team'=Sarunas,S-jax,AL,AC,JP...hehehehehhe
if we have problem with west teams we can use east team to play with them ('Pacers') and vice versa. :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:44 am
Pretty much agree with the analysis. The top 6 look right but it will be hard for the Warriors to make the playoffs, though with no other team behind them looking that good anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if the TWolves rose to make the playoffs

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:50 am
migya wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the TWolves rose to make the playoffs

:shock:

Wait...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The TWolves???. I think that Minny and Seattle will be the two worst teams of the conference. Also, add the Clips if Brand misses more than half the season...

Right now, there core is:

PG.- Randy Foye / Troy Hudson
SG.- Ricky Davis / Marko Jaric / McCants
SF.- Corey Brewer / Gerald Green / Trenton Hassell / Ryan Gomes
PF.- Al Jefferson / Juwan Howard / Craig Smith
C.- Mark Blount / Theo Ratliff

That's a young, and extremely unproven, team that doesn't look ready to compete in the west for, at least, a couple of years.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:11 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the TWolves rose to make the playoffs

:shock:

Wait...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The TWolves???. I think that Minny and Seattle will be the two worst teams of the conference. Also, add the Clips if Brand misses more than half the season...

Right now, there core is:

PG.- Randy Foye / Troy Hudson
SG.- Ricky Davis / Marko Jaric / McCants
SF.- Corey Brewer / Gerald Green / Trenton Hassell / Ryan Gomes
PF.- Al Jefferson / Juwan Howard / Craig Smith
C.- Mark Blount / Theo Ratliff

That's a young, and extremely unproven, team that doesn't look ready to compete in the west for, at least, a couple of years.

That team is young and unproven but they could play well as there is ALOT of talent there. Jefferson is a great focal point inside on both ends and with Foye, RDavis, Brewer and Green, they have plenty of firepower. Gomes, Hassell, McCants, Ratliff and JHoward all play their roles so it could come together for that team