Report: Chinese team says Yi not best suited for the Bucks.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:36 pm
I'd assume "Cakes" is O'Bryant.

Talk to Cabbage if you wanna talk about "looking good in international competition". The Jews think Cabbage is God. I'll bet the only reason Yi refused to workout with other college players is because he looks like a fish out of water without China's system and his reps know it. Why else wouldn't he scrimmage with other guys? In the NBA, you need to be able to create for yourself... which is something Cabbage doesn't have and, from what I've seen, Yi is lacking it, too. He's impressive in drills, can shoot when open, can handle the ball well on the break (aka, when other players his size get confused easily), and is 7-feet tall, but I've never seen Yi able to constantly create his own shot unless he's abusing a subpar opponent.

And I wouldn't trade the trade exception for Yi. Its way too valuable.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:40 pm
We better get SOMETHING for that trade exception if the Garnet deal fall through!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:47 pm
~W~ wrote:We better get SOMETHING for that trade exception if the Garnet deal fall through!


I dont think that we will just let it waiste. That was one of the reasons that I liked the J-Rich trade. I would be pissed if it just goes away.

I wouldnt be shocked if the Garnett trade falls through, we go out and get a tough inside rebounding powerforward.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:32 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:We better get SOMETHING for that trade exception if the Garnet deal fall through!


I dont think that we will just let it waiste. That was one of the reasons that I liked the J-Rich trade. I would be pissed if it just goes away.

I wouldnt be shocked if the Garnett trade falls through, we go out and get a tough inside rebounding powerforward.


It depends your definition of waste... tough inside rebounding foward like who? If he is any good I would think he wouldn't be traded to begin with...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:39 pm
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:We better get SOMETHING for that trade exception if the Garnet deal fall through!


I dont think that we will just let it waiste. That was one of the reasons that I liked the J-Rich trade. I would be pissed if it just goes away.

I wouldnt be shocked if the Garnett trade falls through, we go out and get a tough inside rebounding powerforward.


It depends your definition of waste... tough inside rebounding foward like who? If he is any good I would think he wouldn't be traded to begin with...


I am sure that there are a lot of teams that are over the cap and want to get down. They might have a surplus of forwards and might be looking to get rid of someone. The Argus named Chris Wilcox, Zaza Pachulia, and James Posey. I know that they arent name guys, but they are guys who can help us if the trade doesnt go through with Garnett. I wish they would have gone after Mikki More and Anderson Varejou, but it is too late for them.

Role Player
Posts: 263
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 pm
Cakes is what everybody in the realgm warrior forum calls him. I don't know why, but he does remind me of a fat kid who likes cake because of his chubby face even though he has a skinnier body
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22189
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:16 pm
~W~ wrote:We better get SOMETHING for that trade exception if the Garnet deal fall through!



if Mullin can't get KG, he'll try to use that exception to get another star big. Reckon Memphis would love some cap room as well as a guy like BWright for Gasol. If Gasol has any problems with the Grizz still, which he likely does, he would consider coming to the Warriors. It would be a bit easier to get him than Garnett as well
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:18 pm
Why Bucks so stubborn....they already know Yi don't want to play in Bucks and they still want to keep him.Just trade him.In this case, Bucks is big loser....all the team get what they want....and Bucks in 6th picks got 'nothing'.I wish they want POB and sarunas...i am willing to give away these 2 guys.... :D ....but i doubt they want it. :roll:

Role Player
Posts: 263
» Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:22 pm
I have a gut feeling he's going to the clippers. They picked Thornton who is a PF as well who had an one of the best sumer leagues and jumps out of the roof which McHale likes.

Probalby going to end up better than Yi, but the marketing aspect is way too much for money hungry Donald Sterling to pass up. Sterling can even throw in a future first as well since the money will be worth it.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:05 am
migya wrote:If Gasol has any problems with the Grizz still, which he likely does


Not anymore. He's almost the GM this offseason. Wallace is talking with him about any roster decision the team makes, so he's happy again. Or so it seems.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22189
» Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:27 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:If Gasol has any problems with the Grizz still, which he likely does


Not anymore. He's almost the GM this offseason. Wallace is talking with him about any roster decision the team makes, so he's happy again. Or so it seems.



I got the impression that he didn't want to be on a losing team. There is no sure thing that they will be much better so he must be thinking about that

Rookie
Posts: 108
» Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 am
**** yi... not only is his ass weak, he's a big crybaby! you got drafted bitch, be happy! no one wants to hear you damn complaints about not being where you want. you just screwed your whole career. you are already an overhyped *****... so STFU or gtfo out the country.

/rant
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:08 pm
dbdavis20 wrote:**** yi... not only is his ass weak, he's a big crybaby! you got drafted bitch, be happy! no one wants to hear you damn complaints about not being where you want. you just screwed your whole career. you are already an overhyped *****... so STFU or gtfo out the country.

/rant


someone sounds happy :wink:

Rookie
Posts: 5
» Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:37 pm
NO YI
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 398
» Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:43 pm
pinkplayer1 wrote:NO YI


I agree. End of discussion. Let's just let this thread die along with the Dunleavy for MVP thread (if you're wondering where it went, it died, that's why you can't see it.)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests