Report: Chinese team says Yi not best suited for the Bucks.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:36 am
http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sp ... 11&srvc=sz

im sniffing a trade boys and girls, at least hoping for one... maybe we can take a contract and yi, for al harrington and p.o.b. or something.. not sure what'd it take to get him, but obviously he's not trying to play in milwaukee.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:45 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2939260&name=FPT-2939260-071711&srvc=sz

im sniffing a trade boys and girls, at least hoping for one... maybe we can take a contract and yi, for al harrington and p.o.b. or something.. not sure what'd it take to get him, but obviously he's not trying to play in milwaukee.

Please NO Yi!!! If you have not seen him play a summer league game, please download a couple and watch for yourself. The guy is completely overmatched when matching up with a guy with ANY strenght whatsoever.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:50 am
The Bucks are such fools! Who the fuk would make such a mistake! Loaded draft, your team has just had a bad season with a pretty talented team, you could use some more talent to make a push to being an elite team in the East and you go out and get a player that already has said he doesn't want to be there. Fukin idiots!

The Bucks are in the very weak position, offer a future 1st rounder for Yi and $5 at the most

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 am
The Bucks are going to start crying about this, saying how it isnt fair, and demand that he plays for you..

Guess what...? He told you he wouldnt play for you, and you didnt listen. You called his bluff, but he wasnt bluffing. This isnt Yi's fault and it isnt the Chinese's teams fault. It is yours for being stupid and picking him.

I hope the Warriors get him.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:59 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I hope the Warriors get him.

I don't!

If it's playing time Yi wants, he won't get it here on a team that may be looking to be a real contender very shortly and not tolerate or afford to have players that are not proven and major question marks

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 am
I'd trade... POB for Yi. Or a second rounder. NOTHING ELSE!!!.

I'd rather play Azu at 3 than Yi. :mrgreen:

(No, seriously)

Role Player
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:44 am
i don't think you guys completely get it. if the W's can get Yi without givnig up key pieces for a KG trade, the Warriors have a cash cow for years to come even if he's just a bench player.

Cash cow means us able to hold exuberant salary caps, thus KG/Baron :D :D :D

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:56 am
lakerfool wrote:i don't think you guys completely get it. if the W's can get Yi without givnig up key pieces for a KG trade, the Warriors have a cash cow for years to come even if he's just a bench player.

Cash cow means us able to hold exuberant salary caps, thus KG/Baron :D :D :D

Success and the Garnett/Baron combo will make the franchise alot of money. Yi just looks too much of a risk

Role Player
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 am
life is about risks

those who don't take them end up going nowhere.

Getting Baron was a risk

hiring an aging Nelly was a risk

Trading for hot headed SJax was a risk

Not risks:
Giving character guys like Foyle and Fish 7-8 million per year

Giving character guys like Murphleavy 8-10 million per year

I like the risk taking Mullin. Got B-diddy. Got rid of Murphyleavy along with Fat Ike for Harr, Powell and Jax in a rip off deal. Drafted Biedrins and Pietrus when he could have taken safer American players. Same with Belinelli. Drafted Monta, when there were "safer" american players like Turiaf of Gonzaga.

Risks are what gets the W's back into the playoffs and contention.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:33 am
I wish we could trade POB for Yi... but lets be serious, Yi isn't coming...

OR IS HE?!?!?!?

-August 6, 2007- I call it Phase 3, phase 1 was Baron, phase 2 was Nelson, and now... KG

All Star
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:28 pm
the minnesota owner stated today according to knbr, that garnett wont be dealt this offseason, and if that is the case, i could see the warriors looking elsewhere, perhaps at yi, or maybe give detroit a call about rasheed.

All Star
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:35 pm
~W~ wrote:I wish we could trade POB for Yi... but lets be serious, Yi isn't coming...

OR IS HE?!?!?!?

-August 6, 2007- I call it Phase 3, phase 1 was Baron, phase 2 was Nelson, and now... KG

An affordable real tall bench guy that can run and shoot sounds good to me. The Ws don't run a sumi wrestler push and shove system, so his weaknesses will be hidden to some extent. He'll get stronger in time anyway.

The Ws will get KG or someone and Yi will be a 3, or maybe a 2 even in some cases, and as such will be a great rebounder for his position. He does not need to be a 4 or 5 guy in physique or ability.

» Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:09 pm
Yi is not a risk.

He is a bum with no talent.

There's a difference.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:34 pm
The Bucks are fools for taking Yi. He was a risk taking in the first place. Looks like they took him to try and acquire some talent in return from teams like Boston, Golden State, New York, LA. But looks like their plan backfired and now he's heading back to China.

And Yi is a fool because it's bullsh*t what he's doing. Whatever... the NBA doesn't need Yi... Yi needs the NBA. The Chinese basketball league ain't gonna help his game in any shape or form. Not like he was gonna be any good anyway...

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:47 pm
Hell no I dont want Yi. The wuss is refusing to go to the Bucks WHO DRAFTED HIS WEEK ASS. Most guys dream and work hard to even make the NBA and this punk is refusing to play for a team just because he doesnt like the location. Screw him...............