Outisde view on Marco Belinelli

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:00 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:the thing I'm worried about is that Bellinelli shot 32% from the three point line in the euroleague and 34% in italian league play (and they have shorter three point lines in both of those). He's also a 75% free throw shooter. I just don't thikn he's the shooter that everybody says he is, he says himself he's very streaky. I just don't think a guy who is a slightly above average shooter is going to make it in the NBA when he has no other skills besides shooting. Sure he's tearing up the summer league but so did John Lucas the third and Steve Novak last year. The summer league means very little, and I'd say his career in Europe generally indicates that he'll be a project at best.

Good point. Belinelli can be a great shooter but he can also be just a bit above average at times. He has to show it during the season, simple as that and he will have many opportunities to playing with Baron and Garnett or whoever the star PF Mullin trades for (if he does do the expected big trade). Belinelli will have his chances

Role Player
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:34 am
Belinelli shot 6-22 and 0-9 from the arc against the sonics. A bit scary :P Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be an inconsistent and streaky player.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:58 am
Summer league can't predict player's future, but a player the struggles in summer league has next to no future in the NBA especially year 2 and beyond. Year 1 players, are stilling making the transistion and can't be expected to excel with less than journeyman PGs. Marco started well, caught the league by surprise and settled to the inconsistency of a 18th pick of a draft with limited perimeter players. He is a nice experienced player, that I see as better trading chip than Ellis (because of the Ellis extension next year). Why would Minny want Ellis... who can't play point and a upcoming free agent, when Bellini is locked in for a rookie contract for four years or so. So far we traded our best player from two years ago, a top 3 pick that looks like a overpaid role player and we have an injured PF rookie project in Wright, a poor rebounding PF in Harrington, a volatile SG in Jackson the melted down in Utah, and our prized SG from Italy that has shown little consistency from game 1-4. Richardson had value because he could rebound, Dunleavy had some (not a lot) of value because he could handle the ball, time will tell if our new players can offer more than a jump shot, but if they can't we won't sniff the playoffs without KG. From TMC to Webber ball ... mad Nellie has the tendency of assembling and blowing up teams and without KG, I don't see how this roster is any better than our "We Believe" Warrior dream team.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:31 am
marco needs to step it up

he's been going downhill since game 1

Role Player
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:34 am
aaustria wrote:Belinelli shot 6-22 and 0-9 from the arc against the sonics. A bit scary :P Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be an inconsistent and streaky player.
if he has 3 good shooting games for 1 dud, the Warriors are ecstatic. SJax can easily pick up for that one dud, after Jackson's 2 dud games :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:50 am
aaustria wrote:Belinelli shot 6-22 and 0-9 from the arc against the sonics. A bit scary :P Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be an inconsistent and streaky player.

Yea but this is no surprise as he was known to be streaky. The whole hype about him will die down a fair bit now and not so many people will be salivating about him so much. He does have ability but he has to show it in real nba games

All Star
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:23 pm
migya wrote:

Yea but this is no surprise as he was known to be streaky. The whole hype about him will die down a fair bit now and not so many people will be salivating about him so much. He does have ability but he has to show it in real nba games

0-9 is a bit scary. 30 points one night, 0-9 another... sounds like Marco is gonna fit right in with the Warriors! =D All kidding aside, this shooting performance took me back down to earth, but I'm still excited about seeing him play next year.

BtW, Macro and Wright will make very, very little for the next four years. Perhaps we should just hold on to them while AB and Ellis get PAID.

All Star
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:55 pm
Don't worried about Belinelli....he is fine with his shooting ability.
As long u play with Baron, he will be good....
Now in summer league everybody play 1 on 1, and different with the season...in season Baron will get double so 1 player must be wide open...and we all know all G and F can shoot 3's...so Belinelli for sure will hit 3's without problem...one things, if we really have K.G....prepare yourself to see GSW will make the new record on 3'pts in one game...we'll have so many players in wide open position coz K.G,Baron will get double all the time. :D ....Grazie italiano....marco 'El Fantastico' Belinelli....

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:44 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:BtW, Macro and Wright will make very, very little for the next four years. Perhaps we should just hold on to them while AB and Ellis get PAID.

Definately an option but the team won't win much with this current roster. Too much inexperience and underdeveloped players to make any impact for at least three years. I'd rather go for Amare and fillers than Garnett but if Mullin can make sure Garnett does not opt out of his contract (which really can't be assured) AND that KG goes for a contract extension (also can't be guaranteed and the amount of money he will get paid is still so much), then trading BWright, Harrington, O'bryant, Jask, Foyle and either resigned Pietrus or future 1st rounder would alright

All Star
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:55 pm
:mrgreen: ...GSW always make surprise...
We never know what will happen tomorrow...Mullin is pretty crazy.
If he want get rid some players, he'll do it at any cost.
If u ask me to choose between Amare and K.G...i will definitely go to Amare...young,athletic,strong and good rebounder.
K.G is allstar but his age is the problem....
The rookie will make some impact for GSW next season probably will
Belinelli,bailey and azu....POB hmmmm :?: hopefully.
But of coz not a really big impact coz we know rookie take years to develop the skill and body strength.
I am kind of like Belinelli the most....maybe his shooting skill are just pretty amazing.But who knows...we'll see... :wink:

All Star
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:21 pm
migya wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:BtW, Macro and Wright will make very, very little for the next four years. Perhaps we should just hold on to them while AB and Ellis get PAID.

Definately an option but the team won't win much with this current roster. Too much inexperience and underdeveloped players to make any impact for at least three years. I'd rather go for Amare and fillers than Garnett but if Mullin can make sure Garnett does not opt out of his contract (which really can't be assured) AND that KG goes for a contract extension (also can't be guaranteed and the amount of money he will get paid is still so much), then trading BWright, Harrington, O'bryant, Jask, Foyle and either resigned Pietrus or future 1st rounder would alright

I've never really thought of Amare as an option since I really doubt the Suns would send them to a rival like the Warriors.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:49 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:
migya wrote:

I've never really thought of Amare as an option since I really doubt the Suns would send them to a rival like the Warriors.

If they were willing to part with him for Garnett two weeks ago, they will be willing now. Mullin can throw in a futre 1st rounder and/or Azu as well. Azu would fit well with the Suns. I've listed before the reasons why the Suns want Garnett and we have the young players and expirers McHale wants

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:57 pm
migya wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
migya wrote:

If they were willing to part with him for Garnett two weeks ago, they will be willing now. Mullin can throw in a futre 1st rounder and/or Azu as well. Azu would fit well with the Suns. I've listed before the reasons why the Suns want Garnett and we have the young players and expirers McHale wants

When were the Suns willing to part ways with Amare to get Garnett? I never heard of that. But what I did know was that McHale wanted Amare in return, and the Suns DID NOT want to let him go.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:08 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:
migya wrote:

When were the Suns willing to part ways with Amare to get Garnett? I never heard of that. But what I did know was that McHale wanted Amare in return, and the Suns DID NOT want to let him go.

Some two or three days before the draft it was reported that a deal to send Amare and fillers to the Hawks, #3, #11 and fillers to the TWolves and Garnett to the Suns was very close to being done but the Hawks idiot GM Billy Knight rejected it.

Garnett and Nash are great friends and the Suns fell that they have a better chance of winning with Garnett than Amare

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:12 am
That's true. Nash is getting older and so is Garnett. Both are great enough to win together. That'd probably be the best big man, point guard combo since maybe... Malone and Stockton?