Outisde view on Marco Belinelli

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:03 pm
From www.spurstalk.com ...if you couldn't tell, they're spurs fans.

That ****** can shoot.

This guy is going to be great. All I can say is that the Warriors might have gotten the best player in the draft.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Probably the best steal of the draft. He can flat out shoot the basketball. Off screen shoots, pull up three over lengthy wingers, fast break 3.......
Plus the GSW system is tailor made for his ability. I wouldn't be suprised if he gets some starts ala Monta Ellis during regular season.

Belinelli hit some really nice shots tonight. Pure shooter who should be able to put points up in that warrior system. the jumper he hit in the second quarter on the left sideline was sweet.

Role Player
» Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 pm
Well the Suns organization must really hate us since they were targeting Belinelli with the 24th pick.

All Star
» Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:24 pm
Good. They just owe us another 9 drafts after they made us look clueless taking Dunny with the 3rd and then landing STAT for themselves.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:52 am
Thunder wrote:Good. They just owe us another 9 drafts after they made us look clueless taking Dunny with the 3rd and then landing STAT for themselves.

That wasn't their fault. We got into the Dun's hype ourselves... Thank god we got rid of him. I'm still amazed we got two contributors for that scrub.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:02 am
Belinelli looks real, for now at least. If he can be that sort of a shooter, what a pick he was. His contribution might just mean the difference between the team being mediocre and near 50 win team

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:57 am
Wow, more Dunleavy bashing ...what a surprise. Dunleavy never developed a post game and has a fairly poor release. He was always third fiddle in Duke and never showed any ability to take over a game ... which was needed with the Warriors and BD not showing up for most his Warrior career. Stoudamire had some baggage but more importantly the Warriors had lots of bigs (Fortson, Marc Jackson, Dampier, Foyle, Jamison) to justify adding a so called project big. The Warriors may have learned their lesson with Dunleavy, because Bellini has a quick release which is important in the NBA. All indications is that Bellini will make a run for rookie of the year while our former two number 1s (Diogu and POB) seem like typical first round drafting for size busts. Drafting a perimeter player is like 60-70% successful, drafting a big is 20-30% successful. There is no guarantees in the draft, and thankfully we have a GM that tries to make a move instead of sitting on his mistakes (try the GMs in New York, Minny, Faker land and Boston).

Rookie
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:12 am
Mavs fan here, very intrigued by MB... I don't know if I've seen a player with that ability (to shoot)... He guy has a gift for shooting off the dribble... He's got a hell of a quick release. I think he's a lock for RoY in the offense the warriors run. I see him putting up atleast 16 a night... probably more like 18... 20 wouldn't shock me. He reminds me more Nash than Ginobili, he's crafty like Nash but with much more size and athletic ability... Some of those layups he made were insane... He's very skilled and he like Nash, he knows how to attack a defense... If he's guarded by a bigger/slower player he'll blow by to the rim, if he's got a long athletic guy on him, he'll shake him and hit the jumper... Some of those shots he made, you couldn't guard him any better, and the reactions were priceless... Like "Our you kidding me?"

A lot of the shots that he's consistantly making are ridiculous difficulty, they'd be bad shots by 99.9% of the players in the league, but they are a natural shot for him... I don't think I've ever seen a player shoot as well off the dribble than Belinelli. I know it's summer league and all, but I'm on the wagon and I don't think I'll be dissapointed... The great thing is he ended up in the perfect situation... Even in a run and gun team like Phoenix he wouldn't be getting a lot of shots with Nash, Amare, Marion, Barbosa on the floor... In Golden State, he'll probably be getting the second most shots with Richardson gone now, and that's fine because Biedrins isn't an offensive player...

I may become a Warriors fan real soon like!

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:25 am
dirk4life wrote:In Golden State, he'll probably be getting the second most shots with Richardson gone now, and that's fine because Biedrins isn't an offensive player...

Hey, let's wait a second. He's not gonna start. Monta is still above him in the rotation. Right now, I'd be surprised if he gets more than 20 min per game.

That may change during the course of the season, but two summer league games means nothing at this point. The guy can ball, that's for sure, but he still has a long road to travel.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:30 am
Well last time I saw Monta he was having an epic meltdown... MB will get playing time, when he's not in at SG he'll be in at SF... I bet he gets 25 mpg... maybe even more. If Nelson likes a guy, he'll get him minutes... Remember when he got Dirk he said he'd get rookie of the year, I see a similar claim coming very soon. MB can definitely be RoY.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:38 am
dirk4life wrote:Well last time I saw Monta he was having an epic meltdown... MB will get playing time, when he's not in at SG he'll be in at SF... I bet he gets 25 mpg... maybe even more. If Nelson likes a guy, he'll get him minutes... Remember when he got Dirk he said he'd get rookie of the year, I see a similar claim coming very soon. MB can definitely be RoY.

About ROY... I don't know. I doubt he can be ROY in this draft. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the rookie team, but ROY in the same year Durant and Oden were drafted?. Now that woudl be a major surprise.

And I don't think summer league means anything for the regular season. I'm tired of watching Travis Outlaw tearing up the summer league and not being able to crack the rotation during the regular season...

btw, as I forgot about it in the previous post, welcome to the board. :hello2:

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:25 pm
ROY... improbable but certainly not impossible. I'm sorry but Monta is still much better than MB even if Monta's shot is not as good. Consider this:

If Monta is struggling with his jumper, he has the ability to drive, penetrate, and hang in the air to finish. I don't see that with MB (Have not seen it yet). Monta's mid range game is improving and on the open court he can finish like no other.

Whereas, MB, when his shot isnt falling (Rare but if he gets tired) he doesnt have that ability to blow by someone (once again, have not seen it yet, but he could - Contradicting myself).

If and when they post up baron and he gets double team, its going to be all DAY for MB to shoot his 3 pointer.

» Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:01 pm
ROY will not happen. The guy won't even start.

15 PPG in 22 MPG isn't out of reach, though...

Rookie
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:13 pm
[quote="32"]ROY will not happen. The guy won't even start.

15 PPG in 22 MPG isn't out of reach, though...[/quote]

and you dont think that is good enough for ROY???

not many players come in and score 15, let alone 20... what do you think it takes to get ROY???

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:45 pm
dirk4life wrote:Well last time I saw Monta he was having an epic meltdown...

Ironic coming from a guy named dirk4life.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:49 pm
Money wrote:
dirk4life wrote:Well last time I saw Monta he was having an epic meltdown...

Ironic coming from a guy named dirk4life.

amen! :D