Summer League Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:29 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:
"But he's not just a shooter," said one Western Conference executive. "Don't be mistaken. He had [Philadelphia's Rodney] Carney isolated at the top of the key, beat him with a super crossover and finished at the rim over two people. He's going to fit right into the way Golden State plays. And he's not as bad defensively as people thought. Philly tried to iso him a few times in that game and he did a decent job."

Great News. Not just a shooter and not as bad defensively as we thought. Two things ive been waiting to hear about Belly. Love it.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 am
32 wrote:EVERYBODY likes the kid... now. :wink:

Those were all comments from around draft day.

Digging up your past comments that contradict others you have made would take up 20 pages :wink:

Belinelli has done well BUT still needs to prove himself consistently in the regular season. He looks better than I first thought and what stats showed as well

Rookie
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:12 am
belinelli sure gets the crowd hyped

maybe he needs a nickname... anybody watch oakland athletics baseball? a player named marco scutaro... they go MARRRRRRRCOOOOO SCUUUUUUTAROOOO. sounds pretty sweet. what's belinellis?

BELLLLY NELLLY!

» Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:09 am
migya wrote:

Digging up your past comments that contradict others you have made would take up 20 pages :wink:

Digging up? You said that a week ago. ::lol:

And the only reason you said it is because you had no idea who the guy was, but you ejected out some half-witted, BS opinion anyway and you're pissed that somebody's calling you on it. :wink:

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:41 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:

And the only reason you said it is because you had no idea who the guy was, but you ejected out some half-witted, BS opinion anyway and you're pissed that somebody's calling you on it. :wink:

I don't think I was wrong at all... I believe I wrote, "Mullin sure has a lot of confident in POB." Which we later find out that he traded for Wright, so he OBVIOUSLY realize that POB is either not ready, or never going to be (There's your confidence in POB).

Many if not most expected the Warriors to get a big man, so it was a shocker to see us pick up a sg. Now it makes since after the acquitsition of Wright. =)

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:45 pm
I was expecting them to draft Jason Smith. When they didnt I was shocked, but I knew that someone was going to get traded. The way Belinelli is playing, I am glad that we drafted him though. :)

» Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 pm
~W~ wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:

I don't think I was wrong at all... I believe I wrote, "Mullin sure has a lot of confident in POB." Which we later find out that he traded for Wright, so he OBVIOUSLY realize that POB is either not ready, or never going to be (There's your confidence in POB).

Many if not most expected the Warriors to get a big man, so it was a shocker to see us pick up a sg. Now it makes since after the acquitsition of Wright. =)

I agree about the whole "taking a big man in the draft" thing... I was shocked too to see Belinelli come out, but that pretty much solidified a Jason Richardson or Monta Ellis trade, in my eyes. I knew we were dealing one of them for a big man.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:04 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:

You are the only one calling out anyone as usual. I was not alone in stating the obvious about Belinelli from what he has done. He is showing that he can fit in (though it is just summer league) and that he has potential. Good if he contributes immediately but he does have to show it in real game

» Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:16 am
It made perfect sense on draft day.

Belinelli was the best shooter in the draft. He had proven Italian experience, where he became a star in a league thats closer to the NBA level of competition and physicality than the NCAA. He was athletic. And he can create with the ball.

It was an absolutely perfect pick. "Stating the obvious" would have been admitting that Belinelli is a perfect player for Nelson's lineup. Instead, you hated on the kid because you didn't know who he was. And the sad thing is, like always, you're never gonna admit it. :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:37 pm
To the fans, who had no idea their beloved JRich was going to be traded, it looked like an awful pick as the team's needs were a PF and backup PG. After the trade, it still looked iffy since Belinelli was filling JRich's spot and that meant replacing a great player. Belinelli's stats from last season in the Italian league were down from the season before and that was a very bad sign of a player that may have reached his peak. So far he has been great but it is just summer league and many scrubs have performed well there only to completely disappear in the regular season

All Star
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:26 pm
Hi...i heard tonite M.'The Fantastico' Belinelli will not play against NY Knicks....is that true? :?

Role Player
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:13 pm
He's not playing tonight. They said he went back to Italy. Don't ask me why.

But on another note, Powell has been rebounding like a beast lately. He's becoming a tenacious rebounder. I've been watching him get at it.

All Star
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:39 pm
WoW POB show some 'skill' ...Bailey not bad and also the other players....hahahahaha hopefully, tonite POB play like beast and T-wolves impress.....which mean 'Welcome to the BayArea K.G'
hehehehe :D

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:48 pm
Powell could definately be a contributor because he rebounds and has a nice jumpshot. He is a player that is underrated

All Star
» Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:52 pm
Hahahha...Now i know why POB can't play his best.....
In summer league all young players play with selfishness and only thinking about how to score and they ignore the other team mates, that's why player like POB are rarely touch the ball.
They try to impress the coach and wish get hire for the next season.
Personally, i will consider some players if i am GSW management such as:
Bailey.....Funk....POB and Powell of coz stick with GSW for the next season.