Most Improve Player ...2007-2008 ?????

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:02 pm
Biedrins is going to have stellar upcoming year for the Warriors!

» Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 pm
But how much will he improve...?

You think Andris will average much higher than 10, 10, and 2 (like he did last year)...?

All Star
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:25 pm
32 wrote:But how much will he improve...?

You think Andris will average much higher than 10, 10, and 2 (like he did last year)...?

If he averages the same numbers and can just improve on the free throw shooting, then I would be more than satisfied.

It would be nice for him to also develop his mid-range jump shot so that he could run the pick-and-pop with our ball handlers.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:26 pm
a rookie can't be most improved hahah, he hasn't even played an NBA game yet!

All Star
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:39 pm
dbdavis20 wrote:a rookie can't be most improved hahah, he hasn't even played an NBA game yet!

Rookie?

Biedrens is a vet.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:
William_GSW wrote:Hello...did anybody can explain to me about luxury tax?
How much we have to pay for luxury tax?

Unless it has changed, is a dollar per dollar basis. That means that if the team is 5 million over the cap, they'll have to pay 5 million on luxury tax.

Actually, the luxury tax threshold is more than just the cap. There is a complex formula to set the tax threshold. For example, before the JRich trade, we were over the cap AND the luxury cap threshold. After the trade, we were still over the cap but under the luxury tax threshold.

Last year the salary cap was around 53 million and the luxury tax threshold was about 61.5 million. So any amount over 61.5 would require you to pay a dollar for dollar tax. I think the tax level this year will be about 65 million

Mullin can sign Barnes and Knight pretty nicely then