Most Improve Player ...2007-2008 ?????

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:20 pm
Ok...all Warriors fans...let's make a prediction about who is the man on the GSW team will make a big different(positive) things for next season.
I am starting with :
1. Monta Ellis = Have speed, learn a lesson from last playoff how to prepare for the games,still young, I believe B.Davis will teach him how to handle the ball.
2. B.wright = if he still with GSW for next season.Young,High jumper,fast consider his size.Need to eat a lot for his thin body.
3.Bellineli = Young, Good shooter, can jump, Good FT%.

Thx....

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:28 pm
I think we should make this one our roster moves are clear. It's too early to predict who's gonna be the key player or the surprise...

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:56 pm
TMC wrote:I think we should make this one our roster moves are clear. It's too early to predict who's gonna be the key player or the surprise...

Then whats the point of coming to this board off-season if were just gonna wait to make any predicitons? Its all speculation anyways.

I think the biggest key player/improvement is gonna come form AB. Nelly realized if we are going to go farther in the playoffs AB is going to be a big part reason. We cannot start Al and SJax at the 4 and 5 vs. Bigger Teams (Spurs, Jazz, Nuggets). So I predict AB gets the most minutes at Center and becomes a double double center with 2.5 blocks a game.

Maybe even winning NBA M.I.P

I see Al and Wright sharing minutes at the 4 with AL playing more 3 this year.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:11 pm
Noone on the team will get close to most improved player award. Monta doesn't have much room to improve on what he has done and would have to score over 23 points a game to be considered

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 am
Ok, I'm just saying that I'm sure we'll have a different roster in a couple of months (I hope so, at least). From the current roster, Beans will be the most improved from last season... the rest of the team will, more or less, keep their level. I also expect Azu to play a bigger role if he comes back.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 am
TMC wrote:Ok, I'm just saying that I'm sure we'll have a different roster in a couple of months (I hope so, at least). From the current roster, Beans will be the most improved from last season... the rest of the team will, more or less, keep their level. I also expect Azu to play a bigger role if he comes back.

right i agree, but we can always do this again if/when we get guys.

but i wouldnt be surprised if we go into next season with this same exact roster and use the TE at the deadline for Gasol

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:51 am
Money wrote:
TMC wrote:Ok, I'm just saying that I'm sure we'll have a different roster in a couple of months (I hope so, at least). From the current roster, Beans will be the most improved from last season... the rest of the team will, more or less, keep their level. I also expect Azu to play a bigger role if he comes back.

right i agree, but we can always do this again if/when we get guys.

but i wouldnt be surprised if we go into next season with this same exact roster and use the TE at the deadline for Gasol

Don't know what is happening with Gasol but if he decided to stay now, good chance he wil want to stay the full season and maybe longterm

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:22 am
migya wrote:
Don't know what is happening with Gasol but if he decided to stay now, good chance he wil want to stay the full season and maybe longterm

I dont know they only really got Conley and he wont be up to full speed till maybe next year, but more likely the year after. I can see Gasol still wanting out and Memphis wanting to go younger. BWright, POB and cap space would be a great deal for both teams.

Plus i wouldnt mind taking back Chucky Atkins to back up Baron

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:25 am
I haven't heard anything lately about Gasol. I know he likes Iavaroni's pick as the head coach, but nothing new since the draft...

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:11 am
I'd prefer Amare but Gasol is next. Memphis actually has a pretty good lineup as things are right now

All Star
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:32 am
Hello...did anybody can explain to me about luxury tax?
How much we have to pay for luxury tax?

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:33 am
William_GSW wrote:Hello...did anybody can explain to me about luxury tax?

Unless it has changed, is a dollar per dollar basis. That means that if the team is 5 million over the cap, they'll have to pay 5 million on luxury tax.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:44 am
TMC wrote:

Unless it has changed, is a dollar per dollar basis. That means that if the team is 5 million over the cap, they'll have to pay 5 million on luxury tax.

Actually, the luxury tax threshold is more than just the cap. There is a complex formula to set the tax threshold. For example, before the JRich trade, we were over the cap AND the luxury cap threshold. After the trade, we were still over the cap but under the luxury tax threshold.

Last year the salary cap was around 53 million and the luxury tax threshold was about 61.5 million. So any amount over 61.5 would require you to pay a dollar for dollar tax. I think the tax level this year will be about 65 million

All Star
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:53 am
OK...i got it
But look at KNICKS..are they damn rich...we know Knicks salary caps is about $100M last season so they have to pay extra $40-50M????
geeez that's crazy or can NBA change the cap room to be around $75M so as long not over $75M u don't have to pay luxury tax???

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:52 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Actually, the luxury tax threshold is more than just the cap. There is a complex formula to set the tax threshold. For example, before the JRich trade, we were over the cap AND the luxury cap threshold. After the trade, we were still over the cap but under the luxury tax threshold.

Last year the salary cap was around 53 million and the luxury tax threshold was about 61.5 million. So any amount over 61.5 would require you to pay a dollar for dollar tax. I think the tax level this year will be about 65 million

Ok, I stand corrected, then. Thanks for the info, badabing.