76%
Wright

Total votes: 29

All Star
» Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:15 am
christy wrote:Jrich >> Wright, no doubt
Jrich =?= Wright + cap room, you may argue about this. :wink:

I'd say that is fair.

But 32 nailed it when this was a trade for the 2008-2009 season when Wright blossoms into a monster with the devastation equal to Chris Bosh.

People forget about Wright and how he was rated second only to Greg Oden going into the McD's All American game . . . yes, even above Durant. He is easily the best player the W's could've got in this draft not named Oden or Durant.

» Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:19 am
Thunder wrote:
christy wrote:Jrich >> Wright, no doubt
Jrich =?= Wright + cap room, you may argue about this. :wink:

I'd say that is fair.

But 32 nailed it when this was a trade for the 2008-2009 season when Wright blossoms into a monster with the devastation equal to Chris Bosh.

People forget about Wright and how he was rated second only to Greg Oden going into the McD's All American game . . . yes, even above Durant. He is easily the best player the W's could've got in this draft not named Oden or Durant.

Exactly!

Al Horford might have been decent, but he's not a Nellie guy. Yi was nothing but hype. Mike Conley is a shoot-first PG. Corey Brewer, Thaddeus Young, Nick Young, and the rest of the wingmen would have just added to the logjam. And Oden & Durant weren't available.

Brandon Wright is a perfect pickup for us! He's young, cheap, a potential star, and addresses a need... PLUS we drop $10 million on the payroll!

A good day is had by all! :D

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:09 pm
The Jason to Bobcats deal made sense as a three way trade with KG involved. Unfortunately, dealing with mad man McHale, it not as easy as Donnie Walsh and company and I highly doubt McHale would of pulled the trigger because he thinks he get better value from KG than the Warriors group of prospects. It seems the Bobcats and Warriors decided to consumate the trade irregardless but the salary cap exception can't be combined with another player to use for KG. The entire Yi/Bellini issue is a no brainer ... Bellini succeeded in international play, played with more experienced men and Yi struggled with his Chinese teammates. Yi looks great in drills, but get real, this is the NBA with five physical, quick and sometimes dirty players scrapping on your every dribble and jumper. From a competitive and mental standpoint, I would give the edge to Noah, who is one the most arrogant yet insanely competitive players to hit the NBA since Kobe and Michael. Certain players, from Barnes to Bowen to knockout the opposition Kobe, are just mean and want to win at all costs. For a team trying to trade for an aging KG, an injury prone BD, an older Jackson/Harrington combo means we need a player the can contribute now like Wright, not a marketing star in Yi that has yet to show he can thrive in the physical play of the NBA day in and day out. When will teams learn that players with athletic ability but little drive don't become the Arenas, Nash, Parker types.

» Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:18 pm
... did you just relate Joakim Noah to Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan...? :scratch:

Rookie
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:46 pm
i still dont know what to think about this trade...

but i trust mullin

what it really comes down to is that we had to make a decision: monta or jrich? i think we made the right decision for the future of the franchise

plus, since jrich hurt his knee, he has not been the same explosive player he once was...nor will he be that same player again...he is now a back to the basket guy, a 3 point shooter, and a fast break finisher...he is a very good rebounding guard as well...and although he is one of my favorite players ever, he also has a lot of limitations...he cant dribble, drive to the hoop or knock down free throws...i would rather have monta in the long run...we dont need a another streaky 3 point shooter...

BUT, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH BELINELLI! WHAT A PICK MULLIN! WE FINALLY HAVE A PURE SHOOTER ON THE TEAM TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF NELLY'S RUN AND GUN STYLE!

by the way, NOAH is a BUM! He will do nothing in the NBA!

AND (i know i will take a lot of heat for this one)...GREG ODEN WILL BE A BUST IN THE NBA!

i have been saying it all along...mark my words...i know how dumb it sounds now, but just watch...

All Star
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 pm
chrismullin17gs wrote:i still dont know what to think about this trade...

but i trust mullin

what it really comes down to is that we had to make a decision: monta or jrich? i think we made the right decision for the future of the franchise

plus, since jrich hurt his knee, he has not been the same explosive player he once was...nor will he be that same player again...he is now a back to the basket guy, a 3 point shooter, and a fast break finisher...he is a very good rebounding guard as well...and although he is one of my favorite players ever, he also has a lot of limitations...he cant dribble, drive to the hoop or knock down free throws...i would rather have monta in the long run...we dont need a another streaky 3 point shooter...

BUT, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH BELINELLI! WHAT A PICK MULLIN! WE FINALLY HAVE A PURE SHOOTER ON THE TEAM TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF NELLY'S RUN AND GUN STYLE!

by the way, NOAH is a BUM! He will do nothing in the NBA!

AND (i know i will take a lot of heat for this one)...GREG ODEN WILL BE A BUST IN THE NBA!

i have been saying it all along...mark my words...i know how dumb it sounds now, but just watch...

allow me to be the first...i give you heat. :mrgreen:

im too lazy to explain, but im pretty sure whoever disagrees with you will cover it

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:10 pm
can you quantify what you mean by "bust"

A bust like he will never fulfil the enormous hype around him but still be a good player?

Or a bust like he will be a bench player his whole career?

Oden has enormous hype and he may or may not live up to that. I consider his worst case scenario to be Robert Parish. Would you consider that to be a bust? 14pts, 9 rebounds and a great interior defender?

I really think no matter what, he is going to be a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball. He is such a skilled defender and shot blocker.

Will he be a 25pt + scorer in the league. Who knows, tough to tell, but if he averages 14pts, 10 reb, 2.5 blocks and plays great interior D, I would not consider that a bust by any stretch but I have a feelign some people would just because he is not scoring 25/game.

I think he will be better offensively than that for his career and probably be a 18-20 pt/game guy

Rookie
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:30 pm
there is way too much invested in him for him to be a bench player

but he will almost certainly be a bust in comparison to the hype...A BIG BUST!

he will not dominate in the nba in any fashion...he is slow, has no stamina, and fouls the living **** out of people all the time! he got a WHOLE LOT of respect from the refs in college and they let a lot of **** go...that **** wont fly in the p.u.s.s.y ass nba nowadays...any contact and he is on the bench...and thats all he does is go up to block every shot...good luck keeping him on the floor...on offense, he was only scoring at will in college because there was absolutely nobody his size to defend him...he will get shut down by any decent nba center...

career wise? i dunno...maybe a 13-14ppg, 6-7 rebounds, and little else...maybe 1.5 blk? just another average center...someone a tad better than a jamaal magloire...hahahahaha

who knows, i could be completely wrong...but i think he is a scrubby mofo

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:40 pm
chrismullin17gs wrote:there is way too much invested in him for him to be a bench player

but he will almost certainly be a bust in comparison to the hype...A BIG BUST!

he will not dominate in the nba in any fashion...he is slow, has no stamina, and fouls the living **** out of people all the time! he got a WHOLE LOT of respect from the refs in college and they let a lot of **** go...that **** wont fly in the p.u.s.s.y ass nba nowadays...any contact and he is on the bench...and thats all he does is go up to block every shot...good luck keeping him on the floor...on offense, he was only scoring at will in college because there was absolutely nobody his size to defend him...he will get shut down by any decent nba center...

career wise? i dunno...maybe a 13-14ppg, 6-7 rebounds, and little else...maybe 1.5 blk? just another average center...someone a tad better than a jamaal magloire...hahahahaha

who knows, i could be completely wrong...but i think he is a scrubby mofo

OK, everyone is entitled to their opinion but SLOW? Where are you getting that from? He is extremely agile and fast for his size. I am amazed how quickly he can slide over on help D. And I take that back, he is NOT just fast for his size but is fast and agile for anyone really.

He was the 28th fastest athlete at the combine. Nobody over 6'7 ran as fast as him. He blew away our own Brandan Wright but yet I keep hearing how he can run the floor so well. He ran the same time as 5'11 Taurean Green.

Again, I dont know what he will be on the offensive side but with his skill set and a 9'4!!!!!! standing reach (THAT IS INSANE) he is going to be a dominant defender.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:11 pm
u r right about the quickness part during sprints and drills...i should have been more specific...i am referring to when he has to run the floor throughout the course of a game...he would get SOOOO tired during college, he practically walked up the floor at times...plus he sat a lot becuz of foul trouble...he DOES have the skillset to be a DOMINANT defender, but i just dont think he can stay on the floor....but then again, he has TONS of time to improve on that....and that wing span is pretty fuckin crazy

he may end up being a damn good defender after a year or 2, but he will never be an offensive star in any way

All Star
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:44 pm
chrismullin17gs wrote:u r right about the quickness part during sprints and drills...i should have been more specific...i am referring to when he has to run the floor throughout the course of a game...he would get SOOOO tired during college, he practically walked up the floor at times...plus he sat a lot becuz of foul trouble...he DOES have the skillset to be a DOMINANT defender, but i just dont think he can stay on the floor....but then again, he has TONS of time to improve on that....and that wing span is pretty fuckin crazy

he may end up being a damn good defender after a year or 2, but he will never be an offensive star in any way

a tall ben wallace that averages 10-15 ppg?? ill take it

Rookie
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 pm
def. wright

i never liked yi from the start. everytime there's a china man that's tall and is similar to yao, it always turns out to be a bust. always HYPE. everyone compares them to yao when they are a rich mans adonyl foyle. no offense to adonyl foyle, that cat is my boy... met him at borders once.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 pm
id rather have kevin durant any day

durant will be a star

im not saying oden sux, im just saying i dont think he will be THAT good....i think hes talented but way over-hyped

All Star
» Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:19 pm
chrismullin17gs wrote:id rather have kevin durant any day

durant will be a star

im not saying oden sux, im just saying i dont think he will be THAT good....i think hes talented but way over-hyped

i dont think any player has lived up to his hype, with the exception of maybe LBJ...but even that is debateable

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:52 am
Oden will be a very good player at worst, unless he suffers a bad injury that limits him