NBA Draft Lottery hypothetical

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Tue May 22, 2007 5:35 pm
OK, say the Clippers somehow luck out and get the #1 pick in the lottery. Since that would be the position the Warriors would have been in had we not made the playoffs, would anyone take back our playoff to switch with the Clippers? Silly question but as they are getting ready to do the selections, it just crossed my mind.

I for one would NOT. I had so much fun at the 4 playoff games I went to. Some of the best sporting events I have ever been to and ones that I will remember for a long time.

...Of course landing Oden would give us a great chance to repeat that....

Here is just hoping the Clips DO not catch a miracle so I dont have to think about it any longer.

Starting Lineup
» Tue May 22, 2007 5:52 pm
badabing8888 wrote:OK, say the Clippers somehow luck out and get the #1 pick in the lottery. Since that would be the position the Warriors would have been in had we not made the playoffs, would anyone take back our playoff to switch with the Clippers? Silly question but as they are getting ready to do the selections, it just crossed my mind.

I for one would NOT. I had so much fun at the 4 playoff games I went to. Some of the best sporting events I have ever been to and ones that I will remember for a long time.

...Of course landing Oden would give us a great chance to repeat that....

Here is just hoping the Clips DO not catch a miracle so I dont have to think about it any longer.

it didnt happen, but looks like either ATL, MIL, or SEA has it.... HOLY MOLY

Franchise Player
» Tue May 22, 2007 5:52 pm
cool. dont have to think about what might have been now. 18th pick and that playoff experience or the 14th pick. No brainer there.

Man, gotta feel for Boston

All Star
» Tue May 22, 2007 5:58 pm
PORTLAND!?!? Are you kidding me?

I still say they have to take Oden, even though they have Aldridge and Randolph. Package Aldridge for a PG and win some championships.

» Tue May 22, 2007 6:04 pm
Thunder wrote:PORTLAND!?!? Are you kidding me?

I still say they have to take Oden, even though they have Aldridge and Randolph. Package Aldridge for a PG and win some championships.

No, trade Randolph. Alderige will be a better player, long term. Find a sucker looking for an inside poster player and dump Randolph's contract there.

All Star
» Tue May 22, 2007 6:18 pm
32 wrote:

No, trade Randolph. Alderige will be a better player, long term. Find a sucker looking for an inside poster player and dump Randolph's contract there.

or keep all of them and slide aldridge to the 3 spot to beast opponents. then wait til randolph's contract is gonna expire and send him to philly (place lookin for a big man like you said 32)

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 23, 2007 2:37 am
32 wrote:

Yeah. They've been trying to trade Randolph for two seasons. It's just a matter of finding someone with a big need inside and desperate enough to trade for his contract... (hopefully not us).

Starting Lineup
» Wed May 23, 2007 2:50 am
http://www.celtic-nation.com/forum/show ... php?t=8836

LOL WOW.

Read the first post, and then read the date it was posted.

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 am
I wouldn't take back making the playoffs, even for the first pick. This team was desperate for the playoffs and it is not like the team is not talented.

About the Blazers - If they are going to keep the #1 pick, they will definately go for Oden as they have some good forwards already and no good center

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 23, 2007 5:22 am
BT wrote:http://www.celtic-nation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8836

LOL WOW.

Definately something that statement and makes you wonder!

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 23, 2007 5:34 am
migya wrote:

LOL WOW.

Definately something that statement and makes you wonder!

Nah, he just got lucky... the system is clear enough. Maybe it's not fair, but I don't think it's rigged in any way.

All Star
» Wed May 23, 2007 11:30 am
32 wrote:

whooa, for some reason, when you said "Find a sucker looking for an inside player..." Mullin flashed in my head...

i hope that's not a bad omen...

:wink:

Hall of Famer
» Thu May 24, 2007 5:00 am
aletha33 wrote:
32 wrote:

whooa, for some reason, when you said "Find a sucker looking for an inside player..." Mullin flashed in my head...

i hope that's not a bad omen...

:wink:

The team needs a big player that can defend and run so that counts Randolph out. That fat contract of his also stuffs it as it would stop the resigning of Monta and Biedrins

» Thu May 24, 2007 8:23 am

LOL WOW.

Later in the topic, the same guy with "inside info" proclaims that Paul Pierce will be traded soon...

Time for another blockbuster, Mully? :wink:

Monta, Jackson, O'Bryant, and a pick enough for you, Boston? :mrgreen:

Rookie
» Thu May 24, 2007 10:44 am
32 wrote:

LOL WOW.

Later in the topic, the same guy with "inside info" proclaims that Paul Pierce will be traded soon...

Time for another blockbuster, Mully? :wink:

Monta, Jackson, O'Bryant, and a pick enough for you, Boston? :mrgreen:

That's a HORRIBLE trade. Monta and Jackson will consistently out produce Pierce, and Pierce can't pass the ball. You lose a lot when you trade Jackson because he's so versatile. We don't need another scorer. That's not our problem. We can score fine. We can't STOP anybody and we don't REBOUND well. Those two things are our problem.