next year team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 68
» Wed May 16, 2007 2:48 pm
i think that our team is good enough to win the title, just need more games togheter, and maybe one or two moves, including an old player with great 3 point, like a piatkowsky, and more inside game, and not called adonal foyle, what do u thik?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Wed May 16, 2007 9:59 pm
We are not good enough to win a title.

We don't want more 3pt shooters.

Who doesn't want more inside game. As long as they are athletic to run w/ Nellie's players.

Role Player
Posts: 215
» Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 pm
ahem... cabarkapa.. *cough*
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed May 16, 2007 10:15 pm
On the Warriors best day, they're championship contenders. The problem is... so are ALL of the following teams:

- Detroit
- Miami
- Dallas
- San Antonio
- Phoenix
- New Jersey
- Utah
- Houston
- Chicago
- Denver
- Golden State

The Warriors are in a league where over 10 different teams can envision an NBA Finals appearance. Its pretty wide open right now.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu May 17, 2007 2:44 am
tinchogsw wrote:i think that our team is good enough to win the title, just need more games togheter, and maybe one or two moves, including an old player with great 3 point, like a piatkowsky, and more inside game, and not called adonal foyle, what do u thik?


Eh... no. We are good enough on the backcourt, but we can't compete with the top teams inside. If we're able to fix that, then we'll be a contender, but we still need to have a banger (or two) inside that can get us some boards and add some defense and toughness. We need our own Carlos Boozer.

cabarkapa wrote:ahem... cabarkapa.. *cough*


Image

Nice try. :thumbup:

Role Player
Posts: 215
» Thu May 17, 2007 3:58 pm
fine, ill admit, you caught me! cabarkapa ain't old, my bad :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Thu May 17, 2007 6:44 pm
TMC wrote:
tinchogsw wrote:i think that our team is good enough to win the title, just need more games togheter, and maybe one or two moves, including an old player with great 3 point, like a piatkowsky, and more inside game, and not called adonal foyle, what do u thik?


Eh... no. We are good enough on the backcourt, but we can't compete with the top teams inside. If we're able to fix that, then we'll be a contender, but we still need to have a banger (or two) inside that can get us some boards and add some defense and toughness. We need our own Carlos Boozer.
Nice try. :thumbup:


We could have had Boozer or Wilcox but we chose Dunleavy. ( I know there I go again).

All Star
Posts: 2880
» Thu May 17, 2007 8:02 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
TMC wrote:
tinchogsw wrote:i think that our team is good enough to win the title, just need more games togheter, and maybe one or two moves, including an old player with great 3 point, like a piatkowsky, and more inside game, and not called adonal foyle, what do u thik?


Eh... no. We are good enough on the backcourt, but we can't compete with the top teams inside. If we're able to fix that, then we'll be a contender, but we still need to have a banger (or two) inside that can get us some boards and add some defense and toughness. We need our own Carlos Boozer.
Nice try. :thumbup:


We could have had Boozer or Wilcox but we chose Dunleavy. ( I know there I go again).


...sigh...
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri May 18, 2007 1:12 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
TMC wrote:
tinchogsw wrote:i think that our team is good enough to win the title, just need more games togheter, and maybe one or two moves, including an old player with great 3 point, like a piatkowsky, and more inside game, and not called adonal foyle, what do u thik?


Eh... no. We are good enough on the backcourt, but we can't compete with the top teams inside. If we're able to fix that, then we'll be a contender, but we still need to have a banger (or two) inside that can get us some boards and add some defense and toughness. We need our own Carlos Boozer.
Nice try. :thumbup:


We could have had Boozer or Wilcox but we chose Dunleavy. ( I know there I go again).

Dunleavy was traded for Stephen Jackson, who I'd take over Boozer or Wilcox any day... if nothing else, because Boozer and Wilcox both have laughable contracts.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri May 18, 2007 1:53 pm
32 wrote:Dunleavy was traded for Stephen Jackson, who I'd take over Boozer or Wilcox any day... if nothing else, because Boozer and Wilcox both have laughable contracts.


Over Wilcox, sure. But not over Boozer. I'm a believer after this season. That's exactly the kind of guy we lack...

Rookie
Posts: 198
» Fri May 18, 2007 3:44 pm
32 wrote:On the Warriors best day, they're championship contenders. The problem is... so are ALL of the following teams:

- Detroit
- Miami
- Dallas
- San Antonio
- Phoenix
- New Jersey
- Utah
- Houston
- Chicago
- Denver
- Golden State

The Warriors are in a league where over 10 different teams can envision an NBA Finals appearance. Its pretty wide open right now.


I dont see how you can possibly include denver,houston, utah,new jersey as possible championship contenders... they have decent teams, denver and houston did not make it out of first round, utah is not better than suns,spurs,mavs, and i do not believe they are contenders...

teams in west that are contenders for the finals , not with what has happened already this playoffs would be suns, spurs, mavs... and thats it...

with the type of list you have why would you not put cavs in there?

this list makes no sense sorry... warriors are not championship quality at all... either..
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Fri May 18, 2007 4:08 pm
We cannot expect to go deep into the playoffs with the current team. We all saw that if you don't have a true big man to match up with other teams such as say... Utah, then you're not going to win relying on the three every single game. Trust me, if we had a low post/rebounding threat to go with Biedrins, we would've been in the WCF.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri May 18, 2007 5:35 pm
pollykraker wrote:I dont see how you can possibly include denver,houston, utah,new jersey as possible championship contenders... they have decent teams, denver and houston did not make it out of first round, utah is not better than suns,spurs,mavs, and i do not believe they are contenders...

teams in west that are contenders for the finals , not with what has happened already this playoffs would be suns, spurs, mavs... and thats it...

with the type of list you have why would you not put cavs in there?

this list makes no sense sorry... warriors are not championship quality at all... either..

Read it again.

32 wrote:On the Warriors best day, they're championship contenders. The problem is... so are ALL of the following teams:

- Detroit
- Miami
- Dallas
- San Antonio
- Phoenix
- New Jersey
- Utah
- Houston
- Chicago
- Denver
- Golden State

The Warriors are in a league where over 10 different teams can envision an NBA Finals appearance. Its pretty wide open right now.


I forgot about Cleveland. Include them too. But any of the following teams could, theoretically, make it to the NBA Finals. Of course, its easy to simply list Dallas, Detroit, San Antonio, and Miami. But every one of those listed has a serious chance, at the start of every year, to win a title.

Imagine the Warriors with a fully healed Baron Davis (missing less than 10 games next year), a developed Biedrins/Ellis, and the players from Indiana in their lineup for a WHOLE year. That's exponentially better than the team they had this year (which went to the 2nd round). That's Finals-worthy, if you ask me.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22133
» Fri May 18, 2007 7:14 pm
I think the team can be championship caliber with a few adjustments, more rebounding being one of them. Another player 6'10 or over is needed as permanent part of the rotation. I have already compared the team to early 1990s Sonics in the way they shoot, run and play swarming defense but the major difference is, the Sonics has Kemp, Perkins and McKey/Schrempf, all of which could block some shots and rebound well. Harrington can do at PF but unless Biedrins can be even more than he was this season, especially scoring, another big is needed to play extensive time
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat May 19, 2007 3:15 am
migya wrote:I think the team can be championship caliber with a few adjustments, more rebounding being one of them. Another player 6'10 or over is needed as permanent part of the rotation. I have already compared the team to early 1990s Sonics in the way they shoot, run and play swarming defense but the major difference is, the Sonics has Kemp, Perkins and McKey/Schrempf, all of which could block some shots and rebound well. Harrington can do at PF but unless Biedrins can be even more than he was this season, especially scoring, another big is needed to play extensive time


Yeah, we just lack that Shawn Kemp-like player. Other than that, I agree. Actually, we're even more talented than that team at other positions... (J-Rich and Monta instead of Hersey Hawkins, for example).

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests