Warriors Offseason

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Wed May 16, 2007 1:03 am
I can't even wait for next season. The Warriors have the potential to essentially bring them to the NBA Finals. If the Warriors can pick up a solid backup vetern point guard and an athletic, strong rebounder. The Warriors' next year have all the tools to make a good run. Also, the 2007 NBA Draft is coming soon and I believe the draft is fairly deep where the Warriors can pick up a solid point guard or forward. I personally think the Warriors should either pick up Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton.

Both players can become dual guards and the emergence of Monta Ellis to becoming an All Star will give Baron Davis enough rest to consistently play throughout the season. Although if the Warriors do sign a vetern point guard or center; that would most likely be a signal to end Andris Biedrins career as a Warrior. I also think that the Warriors can sign Gary Payton to a vetern's minnimum and take position as a mentor to the guards because Payton is one of the greatest point guards of his generation -- also bringing him back to Oakland. And what about a small one year contract for Chris Webber?

What about a deal of: Ellis, Biedrins, Foyle, 1st round pick for Kevin Garnett?

Role Player
» Wed May 16, 2007 1:12 am
no to your deal

and no worries, cabarkapa is tall enough to do all the rebounding, then drive the fast break all by himself. no one else is allowed points when cabarkapa has the ball

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 16, 2007 3:15 am
I'd rather stay put and pick Law if available... although I honestly doubt he'll be available that low. But hey, weird things happen on draft day.

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 16, 2007 3:24 am
cabarkapa wrote:no to your deal

and no worries, cabarkapa is tall enough to do all the rebounding, then drive the fast break all by himself. no one else is allowed points when cabarkapa has the ball

:mrgreen: Keeps up his Zarko love.

Reckon Mullin wil weave some magic and get a good player that wil contribute. He will go for PG or PF and he has been great drafting so far

Role Player
» Wed May 16, 2007 5:29 am
Chris Mullin and the front office staff have some interesting personnel decisions to make this offseason but outside of maybe one player or two coming and going, I expect this team to stay pretty much the way it is now.

As I mentioned in another thread, it will be interesting to see how this team plays with some expectations next season. In the playoffs the Warriors were playing with nothing to lose and next season that will NOT be the case. They will have some pressure and expecations to not just sneak into the playoffs, but to win possibly 48-52 games and have a higher seed and such.

In terms of personnel, it would be great to see the team get another solid, athletic big man. I am not sure who, but there is likely to be someone out there. Actually come to think of it, Mikki Moore, if he can be had for a low price, would fit well with this team off the bench. He has energy, athleticism and can run the floor.

I also think Josh Powell is coming along well, but he needs to get stronger this summer and work on his back to the basket moves to make the bump up and get more playing time.

In terms of the draft, I really do not know. Take the best available is all I can say. Find someone that can and will fit into the current system.

All Star
» Wed May 16, 2007 6:06 am
Just read that BD already wants a 6 yr contract extension ! Put that into our offseason problem with our current FA and our salary cap probs!

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 16, 2007 6:08 am
J-Rich wrote:Just read that BD already wants a 6 yr contract extension ! Put that into our offseason problem with our current FA and our salary cap probs!

He still has two more years in his contract. The extension will be a problem for the next offseason, not the current one.

Starting Lineup
» Wed May 16, 2007 7:28 am
The Warriors may need to evaluate our overall roster which currently can only score in a couple of manners. The first, is our zone defense that produces steals and transition baskets and three's a plenty. The second, is having BD breaking down the opposition. We are spending a pretty bundle on players like J-Rich, Harrington, Foyle and others that don't really have the ability to create and may have to shell out more to keep Biedrins and Ellis who are nice young players but not dominant one on one players. As a GM, do I keep my limited core (Foyle, JRich, BD, Harrington, Jax) or do I build for the future around Ellis, Biedrins, and OB. I would hope the expectations for next year would be a top 5 finish in the West and at least a second round playoff series. With the exception of Foyle, the Warriors have a perimeter heavy salary base, which will make it impossible to bring in a big that would compliment our roster (a Rasheed Wallace type that can defend, rebound and shoot the three). We are in the Kobeish type dilemna. Do we trade the franchise of tomorrow for a help us now piece to challenge the Suns, Jazz, Spurs and Mavs, or do we look to unload big contracts (Foyle, BD, Jrich, Harrington) and keep young and reasonable priced talent. Interesting situation, didn't the 5 million dollar man Fisher completely outperform the entire and much higher paid Warrior perimeter players (BD, J-Rich, Barnes, Jax, Harrington, Pietrus). Is BD a 20 million dollar 5 year player that could only outplay Jason Terry, and Devin Harris but was kept in check with Williams and Fisher?

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 7:57 am
TMC wrote:I'd rather stay put and pick Law if available... although I honestly doubt he'll be available that low. But hey, weird things happen on draft day.

Law will be gone within the first 10 picks easily. He could potentially go as high as 3.

All Star
» Wed May 16, 2007 8:21 am
C l u t c H 385 wrote:
TMC wrote:I'd rather stay put and pick Law if available... although I honestly doubt he'll be available that low. But hey, weird things happen on draft day.

Law will be gone within the first 10 picks easily. He could potentially go as high as 3.

No way.

1. Oden
2. Durant
3. Wright
4. Horford
5. Brewer
6. Hibbert
7. Noah
8. Yi
9. Jeff Green
10. J. Wright

He might slip into the top 10, but no way top 3.

All Star
» Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 am
dareedle wrote: Is BD a 20 million dollar 5 year player that could only outplay Jason Terry, and Devin Harris but was kept in check with Williams and Fisher?

BD was kept in check?? OMG, that's one of the stupidest things I've read thus far...

get ready guys, here come all the ig'nant fools chiming in with their superfluous comments...

:roll:

Hall of Famer
» Fri May 18, 2007 3:22 am
Baron definately gave Deron an arse whooping! The type only a church of latter day saints, ritualistic, stay home on a Saturday to tea and scones nadcrunch can take! :oops:
Oops did I say that :shock:
I retract my last statement :mrgreen:

Role Player
» Fri May 18, 2007 10:05 am
can someone clarify this for me
Golden State receives a conditional Philadelphia 2007 first-round pick. (Erick Dampier trade 082404) via Dallas receives a Philadelphia first-round pick. (Antoine Walker trade 102003) via Atlanta (Glenn Robinson trade 072303). (Top 15 protected in 2007, or Dallas receives 1 million dollars, and trade obligations will be extinguished).
Does this mean the Warriors can get a top 15 draft pick if they pay $1 million?

Hall of Famer
» Fri May 18, 2007 10:28 am
Hoonyo wrote:can someone clarify this for me
Golden State receives a conditional Philadelphia 2007 first-round pick. (Erick Dampier trade 082404) via Dallas receives a Philadelphia first-round pick. (Antoine Walker trade 102003) via Atlanta (Glenn Robinson trade 072303). (Top 15 protected in 2007, or Dallas receives 1 million dollars, and trade obligations will be extinguished).
Does this mean the Warriors can get a top 15 draft pick if they pay $1 million?

It's the opposite, in fact. Philly keeps the pick if they pay $1 million...

Role Player
» Fri May 18, 2007 8:29 pm
Damn it all!