Congratulations!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 12:08 am
KingBaron wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
Thunder wrote:I'm not surprised to hear 3-1 against the Suns.

The Jazz just matchup really well against smaller teams that run. Boozer just creates too many problems underneath.

he creates problems for big china men too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow. you do realize a great percentage of the bay area and warrior fans specifically are asian don't you?

what??? Yao is from China.....and he is a man...............wow sorry if that offends anyone....I was not going for the racist term or anything....WOW....

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 12:22 am
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
KingBaron wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:

The Jazz just matchup really well against smaller teams that run. Boozer just creates too many problems underneath.

wow. you do realize a great percentage of the bay area and warrior fans specifically are asian don't you?

what??? Yao is from China.....and he is a man...............wow sorry if that offends anyone....I was not going for the racist term or anything....WOW....

ok. yes he is a male. and chinese. therefore china-man! don't be so daft. have you truly never heard that slur? there's whole threads about Jazz fans claiming not to be racist, and then you break out a china-man reference? hopefully its just a really poor choice of words.

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 12:26 am
KingBaron wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
KingBaron wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:

ok. yes he is a male. and chinese. therefore china-man! don't be so daft. have you truly never heard that slur? there's whole threads about Jazz fans claiming not to be racist, and then you break out a china-man reference? hopefully its just a really poor choice of words.

yeah I know all the big Asian ethnic slurs but never "china men"....It was a poor choice of words....and I apologize....If anyone has a problem with it I am sure KingBaron and myself will edit the post!

Please let me know.

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 12:33 am
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
KingBaron wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
KingBaron wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:

yeah I know all the big Asian ethnic slurs but never "china men"....It was a poor choice of words....and I apologize....If anyone has a problem with it I am sure KingBaron and myself will edit the post!

Please let me know.

its a little older - more "popular" in the 60's and 70's. I figured it was not intentional. don't sweat it.

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 12:33 am
yeah during the jazz houston series they would call yao chinaman and talk about tmac having a gay goofy grin... so no surprise a lot of the people from the jazz board would rather discuss with the opposing fans

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 1:09 am
Congrats Utah on making it to the WCF, you guys have a great team.

Warriors certainly made this season special for everybody, proud of my team!

Starting Lineup
» Wed May 16, 2007 1:16 am
Congrats on the series win.

I was dreading on playing Utah but I had to stay optimistic.

In my opinion, I think the Utah can beat the Suns in 7 but the San Antonio Spurs? I personally don't think Utah can beat them, and I'm not being a bias asshole or anything but the Spurs are a better version of the Utah Jazz. Just like how the Suns are a better version of the Golden State Warriors.

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 16, 2007 2:59 am
Congrats on the win, Jazz fans.

I must say that I expected the series to be a lot closer, but rebounding killed us in almost every game. If anything, this series have made our weaknesses even more clear than they were before. We'll be back, and better, next year.

Now you must be praying for a Suns win against the Spurs in their series, as I think you can play them in a similar way you did to us (although they have Amare inside, so it won't be as easy as it looked against the Dubs). I just can see the Jazz beating the Spurs in a 7 games series.

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 10:38 am
coltraning wrote:you did indeed (beat the Suns 3-1). I guess I was
going by how you found the Ws hard to handle and the Suns are a far
better version of this style AND have a great low post presence in
Amare and Thomas.

Don't sell the Warriors short. Your team has great, fast hands. I don't think
that their is a team in the league that is better at forcing turnovers...
not even the Suns.
Last edited by JoeUtah on Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rookie
» Wed May 16, 2007 10:41 am
BT wrote:Congrats on the series win.

I was dreading on playing Utah but I had to stay optimistic.

In my opinion, I think the Utah can beat the Suns in 7 but the San Antonio Spurs? I personally don't think Utah can beat them, and I'm not being a bias asshole or anything but the Spurs are a better version of the Utah Jazz. Just like how the Suns are a better version of the Golden State Warriors.

We just keep hoping that the Spurs have hit the peak. Using a comparison...
that they are like the 1999 version of the Jazz. Everyone's favorite to win
it all. But venerable (and vulnerable for that matter).

All Star
» Wed May 16, 2007 1:47 pm
I am clearly in the minority here, but think you would be better off against the Spurs. The league is certainly doing what it can to make that happen.

All Star
» Wed May 16, 2007 2:01 pm
NorCalJazzFan wrote:

whoa dude...

i know utah's isolated and all, but you must know that that comment was derogatory?

please tell me you aren't that retarded?

Hall of Famer
» Fri May 18, 2007 3:43 am
See the "chinaman" statement as what it was, an offenseless choice of words that, if used as slurs, are much less offensive to asian people than other words. I know, my asian friends have said so

All Star
» Fri May 18, 2007 5:51 pm
It is very offensive to most Asians :!:

Hall of Famer
» Sat May 19, 2007 12:57 am
O.G. Broe wrote:It is very offensive to most Asians :!:

Maybe where you are but here it can be if used in an argument or as an obvious slur. Chinaman, when talking to someone from China (or someone you honestly think is from China) is not a vulgar name calling. A Japanese person may find it offensive because they are not Chinese