Fine Team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:30 pm
Fine team you have there. Looking forward to you reaching the playoffs again next year. Your guys gave it their all and it was a great series. I enjoyed watching every game.

Best of luck next year, Warriors.

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:34 pm
YeahRight wrote:Fine team you have there. Looking forward to you reaching the playoffs again next year. Your guys gave it their all and it was a great series. I enjoyed watching every game.

Best of luck next year, Warriors.

If Golden State can pick up a quality big man over the off season they could be really tough next year. Good, hard fought series!

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 pm
Matt Barnes is a great player for you guys. If you let him go that would be a big mistake.

Jackson on the other hand...does anyone one need the type of stuff he brings with him?

All Star
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 pm
It was a good series. I wish there were more games considering it was the only series that had decent gameplay in it.

A PF would be nice. We had to lose Fisher due to cap space but that sure came to bite us back in the ass. I'd rather have a class guy like Fisher knock us out than any other chump. Hats off to DFish.

Founder
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 pm
Jackson was very well behaved 98% of the regular season, and in all honesty we would not have made the playoffs without him. He was out of control tonight though, and most of the series. You take the good and bad with him, and there was a lot of bad tonight.

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:38 pm
Don't let this be a dissapointment you guys had a very successful season. Its hard to miss the playoffs 13 straight years and then win a playoff series AGAINST THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!

My last post on GSW.com for a while...its been fun bantering with you guys.

take care,

JPR!

(ill maybe check in here and there during the off-season).

All Star
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:39 pm
Thanks to JPR for being civil. I'd welcome you back here anytime.

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:40 pm
Who would have thought we would go this far in the playoffs. Amazing season. Can't wait for the offseason moves as we get ready for next year. :D

Trolloc

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 pm
Thunder wrote:It was a good series. I wish there were more games considering it was the only series that had decent gameplay in it.

A PF would be nice. We had to lose Fisher due to cap space but that sure came to bite us back in the ass. I'd rather have a class guy like Fisher knock us out than any other chump. Hats off to DFish.

It was nice to see Fisher play well, especially after the issues he was facing.

However, for a lot of the regular season there were times when he was public enemy #1!

All Star
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:44 pm
C l u t c H 385 wrote:
Thunder wrote:It was a good series. I wish there were more games considering it was the only series that had decent gameplay in it.

It was nice to see Fisher play well, especially after the issues he was facing.

However, for a lot of the regular season there were times when he was public enemy #1!

He can be a big headache during the regular season - we should know.

We never were able to cash in on his playoff presence though, something that you guys benefitted from. You can hate the guy's play, and rightfully so sometimes, but he is unquestionably one of the best character guys in the NBA.

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:45 pm
Jazz in 5, I need a new name. For the record most of you guys on this board ROCK! We dabbled with the racism/Momron thing and a lot of you guys were stand up. Coltrane, you the man! Migya, tough to a do a board when dickheads crash it and you did OK. Go get a big, stop jacking unconcious threes, and man, you guys could go all the way. It was a pleasure, and hope you think the best team won. And if you don't, believe in next year! See ya next year.

Franchise Player
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:49 pm
I'm glad to see Fisher going back to the WCF. After all the trouble with his daughter and all, I wished him the best. You can't be disappointed if you're a Warriors fan. Look what they've brought back to the table. The future is bright my fellow board members. Keep your head up, and hope for an even brighter future. Rest up, talk about the offseason, and get ready for the 2007-2008 NBA season.

Starting Lineup
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:00 pm
Grats to Utah. Good series, although I thought it should have at least gone 6

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:16 pm
all shit-talking aside, that was an extremely hard fought series considering it only went 5 games. In fact it might be the toughest 5 game series I've ever seen.

The Jazz played like absolute hell toinight. Some of that has to be attributed to the Warriors and their ability to cause turnovers. Thank god for D-Fish and AK-47 because without their efforts Utah is back on a plane headed for Oakland.

With Utah being one of the youngest teams in the league, I'm looking forward to more Warrior/Jazz match-ups in the playoffs. The national media will never admit it, but it was some of the best basketball games you'll see in the entire post season.

From an outsider's perspective, I think you guys become VERY dangerous if you can do the following:

-Get an athletic big man than you can plug into the C position for 30+ minutes per night. Simply put, you guys just won't go any further into the playoffs until you can improve your rebounding.

-Jettison S.Jackson ASAP. Sure, I know he was one of the main reason's you guys got this far, but there's plent of SG/SF type players out there who can give you close to what he gives you on offense, without nearly any of the head aches that he brings to the table. When it comes to really important games, I just don't think he'll ever have the mental capacity to stay within himself.

-Get a young PG to replace Baron (eventually). If Monta isn't the answer, go find somebody. While Baron is a rare talent, he will almost assuredly miss another 20+ games for you guys during the regular season next year, costing you precious playoff seeding. He's obviously money in the playoffs, but his constant injury history is pretty scary if you ask me.

-Make sure you lock up Matt Barnes! This dude is a freaking stud, and I think he embodies everything that you fans love about your team. He is a shorter version of AK-47. Hustles his ass off, and get's points just by being a non-stop type of player.

All in all, you guys were pretty tough. I really hate how chippy it got the last 2 games, but when your asses were on the line tonight you guys came out swinging. Good luck in the offseason and we'll see you next year when we are at each other's throat's again!

Rookie
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:27 pm
you can tell Jazz fans are excited tonight. We keep double posting...[/quote]