Show Respect Non-Warrior Fans!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Tue May 15, 2007 10:57 am
Read it all before you reply...

Don't come in here and think you know how we Warriors fans feel. To tell you the truth you don't know dick about a Warriors fan! You've never been in a 13 year playoff drought. You don't know this feeling of accomplishment, even though you don't think we accomplished anything. We are proud fans just to be in this playoff situation let alone pull off the biggest upset in NBA history. We are happy, we are extatic, and you possibly cannot understand and you don't understand, period! Give us credit... Don't try and break our spirits. You just wish your teams fan base was as loyal and appreciative as us. You dislike us because we treat every home playoff game like it was a championship game and you don't. You can't say this is a "pipe dream," you can't say this is "not reality," you can't say "not all fairy tells end with a happy ending," you can't say that the "feel good story of the NBA playoffs is over." Sh-t... this is reality, this is a happy ending, and this is still a "feel good" story!

When you come in to goldenstwarriors.com just realize that you're in Oakland, you're on the Golden State Warriors home court. Go ahead and root for your team, but don't disrespect! Don't speak bullsh-t! Don't bring us down. Hey... you're team might be better than the Warriors, but let me tell you this... We don't give a **** about your team! We care about the Warriors! Not the Jazz, not the Mavs, etc. This is a Warriors forum, not an opposing team's forum that fans can throw negative punchlines at our Warriors.

You can take this team as you see it... A fast pased, hard-nosed, offensive minded, "live and die by the 3" team. Yes, they are, but what you don't see is the emotion of this team and the connection we as the fans have with the players. Ask any Warrior player... They love the fans... We support... We accept... We forgive... and We love this team! YOU CANNOT RELATE!!!

If you're an opposing team fan... Welcome... but you better show some respect or get the **** outta here.

**Of course this post is not directed to all opposing team posters (some of you have been very respectful), but to those who run their mouths with bullsh-t and disrespect... recognize that you're on Warriors turf and save the bullsh-t for your own team's forum!

Rookie
Posts: 88
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:13 am
Josh Jamison wrote:Read it all before you reply...

You just wish your teams fan base was as loyal and appreciative as us. You dislike us because we treat every home playoff game like it was a championship game and you don't.


Well.......let me this.....point, I would say the most loyal fans are that of the Jazz, We will never be a bandwagon team, there is too much negativity attributed to Utah and the Mormon religion, and people seem to think that the whole Jazz team is Mormon too.
Also the Jazz played in the post-season for 20 straight years and then we had a drought for 3...we know what its like to not play and we didn’t like it, Utah has 19,911 people show up and cheer every playoff game....all the time, If the arena seated 50,000 there would be 50,0000 people there.

If you want us to treat you with respect, you have to give some too. Earn my respect....don’t just assume it

Rookie
Posts: 66
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:18 am
<imagines Josh Jamison decked out head to toe in spandex-tight Under Armour..."we must protect this house, we must protect this house, we must protect this hou....(head explodes)>
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:28 am
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
If you want us to treat you with respect, you have to give some too. Earn my respect....don’t just assume it

Assuming respect? I'm not disrespecting the Jazz, so that shows respect to them! I myself am not asking for respect... I'm asking for respect for the Warriors on our home court... That's all! I've got nothing against the Jazz. I've never said anything negative about them or any opposing team for that matter. I just want opposing fans to realize that they're not in their hometown here... Just be polite outsiders and understand. That's it!

Rookie
Posts: 88
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:35 am
Josh Jamison wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
If you want us to treat you with respect, you have to give some too. Earn my respect....don’t just assume it

Assuming respect? I'm not disrespecting the Jazz, so that shows respect to them! I myself am not asking for respect... I'm asking for respect for the Warriors on our home court... That's all! I've got nothing against the Jazz. I've never said anything negative about them or any opposing team for that matter. I just want opposing fans to realize that they're not in their hometown here... Just be polite outsiders and understand. That's it!

Are you asking for us to respect you because this is a warriors message board or do you think the Jazz need to respect the warriors while at Oracle?

because the people who continue to post have been respectful here, but there are some warrior fans that have been bitches, and I understand, but if your act like a bitch, I will treat you like a bitch even if we are in your house, or message board or whatever.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 40
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:35 am
Josh Jamison wrote:
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
If you want us to treat you with respect, you have to give some too. Earn my respect....don’t just assume it

Assuming respect? I'm not disrespecting the Jazz, so that shows respect to them! I myself am not asking for respect... I'm asking for respect for the Warriors on our home court... That's all! I've got nothing against the Jazz. I've never said anything negative about them or any opposing team for that matter. I just want opposing fans to realize that they're not in their hometown here... Just be polite outsiders and understand. That's it!


I have mad respect for fans of any team that can suspend their homerism to have a decent argument about the +/- of their respective team. Now, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with talking a little ****, but I agree that respect for the game, players, and fans is key...it's not like we fans are playing out there on the court.

That is...unless you're a Fakers fans, in which case I have no problem going Don Imus on yer coward LA ass.

Rookie
Posts: 25
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:35 am
I'd like to back-up what Norcal Jazzfan said:

To assume your fan base is more loyal than Utah's or anybody else's is absurd. Sure, Utah only had a 3 year playoff drought, but it's not Jazz fans fault you guys had to wait longer. Not only that, during the drought the Jazz were still drawing over 17,000 people per game, if not more, and that included the 26 win season that they had 3 years ago.

During the playoffs, there is an outdoor pavillion/party that goes on for the Jazz fans that cannot get tickets to the playoff games. It is right across from the arean and there is a jumbo-tron sized screen for everybody to watch the game. It's not uncommon to have almost 20,000 fans inside the arena, and another 15-20,000 outside as well.

We support our team, and we do a damn fine job at it. Sorry, your not going to get any props from me or any other Jazz fan about loyalty. IMO, we have just as loyal of a fanbase as anybody in the NBA.

As far as giving your team props: They did great to get where they are at this point, and I look forward to what is fastly becoming a big rivalry between the Jazz and GS. In reality, Utah is younger than GS so you can plan on seeing them in the playoffs for the foreseeable future and I think the same can be said about your team as well. This won't be the last time these 2 meet in the postseason. Most of you guys think GS is clearly the better team. I whole-heartedly disagree, and I think this series has proven that thus far.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Tue May 15, 2007 11:48 am
NorCalJazzFan wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Read it all before you reply...

You just wish your teams fan base was as loyal and appreciative as us. You dislike us because we treat every home playoff game like it was a championship game and you don't.


Well.......let me this.....point, I would say the most loyal fans are that of the Jazz, We will never be a bandwagon team, there is too much negativity attributed to Utah and the Mormon religion, and people seem to think that the whole Jazz team is Mormon too.
Also the Jazz played in the post-season for 20 straight years and then we had a drought for 3...we know what its like to not play and we didn’t like it, Utah has 19,911 people show up and cheer every playoff game....all the time, If the arena seated 50,000 there would be 50,0000 people there.

If you want us to treat you with respect, you have to give some too. Earn my respect....don’t just assume it


im gon point some things out from your post that i disagree with. again this is totally outta respect, no disrespect intended. first, what josh jamison sed was that you couldnt understand how we feel because you've never had a 13 year drought. your 3 years out of the playoffs doesnt compare. you say jazz fans are loyal, that may be, but i dont know about the most loyal. i know a lot of people who were jazz fans (again this just may be the people i heard from) but a lot of them jumped ship when malone left. with the whole mormon thing, i dunno how that started or how that even plays a part in anything, cuz IMO basketball is a religion and when talking about/playing basketball, it is only basketball. religion aint got nothing to do with it. you have over 19,000 people cheering at every playoff game and if it seated 50,000 there would be 50,000. our arena seats 20,400 and every home playoff game we had well over that amount (with people standing in standing rooms for the whole game). and finally, you say that if we want respect, then we have to earn it. i totally agree....however, this is our house. visitors have to earn our respect first. you dont go to someone elses house and disrespect them saying ill repsect you if you respect me first, cuz thats their territory. so, respectfully, all we ask is that visitors show us some respect when they come into our house.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Tue May 15, 2007 12:04 pm
Exactly! Well said EMan. Thanks for helping explain my point, which was pretty easy to understand to begin with, but I guess I'm speaking some foreign language to these guys.

I think you guys need to read my first post again and understand what it says before you reply.

It's pretty straight forward with no strings attached. It's not that confusing!
Last edited by Josh Jamison on Tue May 15, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Tue May 15, 2007 12:20 pm
NorCalJazzFan wrote:Are you asking for us to respect you because this is a warriors message board or do you think the Jazz need to respect the warriors while at Oracle?


I think you need to read my first post in this thread again for my response to this.

Why ask me questions that have already been answered. I don't need to repeat myself.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 851
» Tue May 15, 2007 1:24 pm
"I'd like to back-up what Norcal Jazzfan said:"

Of course you would all you Utes think alike...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue May 15, 2007 1:39 pm
not sure I understand the questioning of the loyalty of Jazz fans. I mean yes, the Warriors have GREAT fans. They have been remarkably loyal during a LONG stretch of terrible teams and that is RARE. Props to the loyal Bay Area Warrior fans....however, the Jazz have great fans as well. They have always had great support (sure they have been a good team for the most part and that helps) and have always had a great record at home. It is a tough place to play.

Let celebrate the great fans of the bay, but don't see a need to compare who is more loyal and who is better.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Tue May 15, 2007 1:44 pm
badabing8888 wrote:not sure I understand the questioning of the loyalty of Jazz fans. I mean yes, the Warriors have GREAT fans. They have been remarkably loyal during a LONG stretch of terrible teams and that is RARE. Props to the loyal Bay Area Warrior fans....however, the Jazz have great fans as well. They have always had great support (sure they have been a good team for the most part and that helps) and have always had a great record at home. It is a tough place to play.

Let celebrate the great fans of the bay, but don't see a need to compare who is more loyal and who is better.

I NEVER SAID THAT WARRIORS FANS ARE MORE LOYAL THAN JAZZ FANS! I just said that no other fan can relate to a Warriors fan... and they can't! These are two different things.

This thread is aimed at all non-Warrior fans and not just Jazz fans.
Last edited by Josh Jamison on Tue May 15, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rookie
Posts: 88
» Tue May 15, 2007 1:48 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:I never said that the Warriors fans are more loyal than other fans!


oh but you did

You just wish your teams fan base was as loyal and appreciative as us.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Tue May 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Actually... I did... my bad... I was about to edit my other post but you beat me to it. Anyway I retract that "fan loyalty statement," but everything else stays.
:banghead:
Last edited by Josh Jamison on Tue May 15, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests