All I can say is we told you so

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:59 am
All I can say is we told you so. a big middle :shock: finger goes out to every expert in this country that picked the mavs in this series. they even went on to say that us fans in the bay area were crazy. oOh the season series didn't matter, blah blah..... a big middle :shock: finger to you!

Franchise Player
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:01 am
Did I miss something where the Warriors won the 4th game yet? While I am just THRILLED about the 3-1 lead, we have not accomplished anything yet other than gain some respect around the league.

Sure I believe we will close it out, but the close out game is ALWAYS the toughest one to get against a good team.

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:20 am
The fourth game is definitely gonna be the hardest to win. I of course think we will get it done but for no means is this series over.

What we can say I told you so about is that we all knew this team was very very good, and was not a normal 8 seed. They definitely were a lot better than an 8 seed and much better than a 42 win team. I can't wait till Tuesday night because I think there is a lot of question marks when it comes to the Mavs mentally, fans reactions, and Warriors adapting to the pressure now. Should be very exciting

Role Player
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:36 am
i'm with you chad, the other day someone called me a bandwagon fan, i couldn't freaking believe it…i was always rooting for my warriors…and it's coming from a guy that never talks about the warriors…it's crazy, it was probably one of the most offensive thing someone has said to me…

All Star
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:36 am
badabing8888 wrote:Did I miss something where the Warriors won the 4th game yet? While I am just THRILLED about the 3-1 lead, we have not accomplished anything yet other than gain some respect around the league.

Sure I believe we will close it out, but the close out game is ALWAYS the toughest one to get against a good team.

my sentiments exactly...sh*t ain't over yet...

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:35 am
badabing8888 wrote:Did I miss something where the Warriors won the 4th game yet? While I am just THRILLED about the 3-1 lead, we have not accomplished anything yet other than gain some respect around the league.

Yeah, lets wait til it's over before saying anything. We have a big chance to win these series, and I think we will, but we still haven't done it.

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:08 pm
TMC wrote:

Yeah, lets wait til it's over before saying anything. We have a big chance to win these series, and I think we will, but we still haven't done it.

Warriors just have to continue to play D. I was a bit disappointed in the fans on Sunday....they seemed so lackadaisal for so long in the game. On Friday, the Warriors fed off the energy of the crowd....we were constantly yelling and screaming for D....and you know what??? It works. Sunday, they crowd sat around for too long...the Warriors need fans to be rowdy!! Personally, if I were sitting behind Cuban....I'd be yelling at the Mavs and Cuban all night.... :mrgreen:

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:41 pm
[quote="moo"][quote="TMC"][quote="badabing8888"]Did I miss something where the Warriors won the 4th game yet? While I am just THRILLED about the 3-1 lead, we have not accomplished anything yet other than gain some respect around the league.

Sure I believe we will close it out, but the close out game is ALWAYS the toughest one to get against a good team.[/quote]

Yeah, lets wait til it's over before saying anything. We have a big chance to win these series, and I think we will, but we still haven't done it.[/quote]

Warriors just have to continue to play D. I was a bit disappointed in the fans on Sunday....they seemed so lackadaisal for so long in the game. On Friday, the Warriors fed off the energy of the crowd....we were constantly yelling and screaming for D....and you know what??? It works. Sunday, they crowd sat around for too long...the Warriors need fans to be rowdy!! Personally, if I were sitting behind Cuban....I'd be yelling at the Mavs and Cuban all night.... :mrgreen:[/quote]

Yeah it really seemed like both the Warriors and the fans were flat during most of the first half. I was kinda suprised. I can understand if the players were tired, but the fans should be standing the whole game as they did on Friday. I know I would be.

The Mavs looked really dazed in the fourth last night. Dirk's late 3's were pretty lucky but they had no offensive cohesion for most of the final quarter. They got a bunch of calls getting Stackhouse to the line and then he hit a few more shots. That entire time, and once he cooled off, they couldn't run any real offense against the swarming defense of the Warriors.

I'm not sure what I can't wait to see more; Baron lighting it up or Cuban's emotional roller coaster.

Site Admin
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:06 pm
tvaldivi wrote:The fourth game is definitely gonna be the hardest to win. I of course think we will get it done but for no means is this series over.

What we can say I told you so about is that we all knew this team was very very good, and was not a normal 8 seed. They definitely were a lot better than an 8 seed and much better than a 42 win team. I can't wait till Tuesday night because I think there is a lot of question marks when it comes to the Mavs mentally, fans reactions, and Warriors adapting to the pressure now. Should be very exciting

i'm happy the lakers won their last game to clinch the 7th spot, besides the fact that i think we have a better chance against the mavs, being an 8th seed just makes it so much sweeter. I wouldn't have it any other way. with that said we haven't won anything yet and it vary possible the mavs rail off 3 wins, but it isn't likely the way we are playing and i believe we will take game 5 because the mavs seem like they are already giving up based on dirk's post game interview. their confidence is gone, and the fact that they play'd so well and actually better than the Ws in game 4 and still lost hurts even more. everyone knows it's the close ones that hurt the most.

the key to the post season is keeping davis healthy because as he goes the team follows, and we don't stand a chance against any team in the west without him. In blowout games like game 3, we should pull him asap, keep all the other starters in there, but get him out of harms way when we have a 20 point lead. Everytime he hits the floor or even when his feet leave the ground i cringe and pray that nothing will happen to him. Davis doesn't even practice because his left knee is so shaky, i believe this maybe his last real chance the lead a team to the finals. He'll be back next year but there is no telling how his knee will respond and it isn't going to get any better. - Lets do it for nellie, J-Rich, and most importantly BD. oh yeah don't forget Foyle, Adonel BABY!

Franchise Player
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Now's no time to get over-confident. Baron has said it himself, we cannot get over-confident. That'll be their downfall. The Suns came back against the Lakers when they were down 3-1. And I'm not comparing our team to their team, I'm just stating that anything can happen. Let's celebrate when we actually advance. :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:20 pm
It isn't over until the team wins 4 games. The team has definately won respect and also given hope for future 8th seeds who are overwhelming underdogs! It has been special and historical and I only hope it is the start of MANY years of playoff success and some championships

Starting Lineup
» Tue May 01, 2007 12:42 am
good points guys... we really cant say anything until we close out the series... readying on mavs forums.. they are all talking as if they already won game 5. its really annoying but thats all they can really say. Most of their posts just says we will have to win game 6 discluding game 5 because they insist that they cannot lose at home again. As happy i have been the past few months... and especially the past couple weeks... we really cant celebrate till we have win number 4. Then... just then can we start giving all the analysts, and all the mavs fans the middle finger. there are some mavs fans though who actually give our team credit for the way we are playing. I started a topic on a mavs forum giving their team props... and what do they do... they delete it. what kind of sore losers do that. anyways ill be having another get together for tonights game... i hope we take it in dallas so us fans and players can save our energy for round two.

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 01, 2007 12:52 am
Viz wrote:good points guys... we really cant say anything until we close out the series... readying on mavs forums.. they are all talking as if they already won game 5. its really annoying but thats all they can really say. Most of their posts just says we will have to win game 6 discluding game 5 because they insist that they cannot lose at home again. As happy i have been the past few months... and especially the past couple weeks... we really cant celebrate till we have win number 4. Then... just then can we start giving all the analysts, and all the mavs fans the middle finger. there are some mavs fans though who actually give our team credit for the way we are playing. I started a topic on a mavs forum giving their team props... and what do they do... they delete it. what kind of sore losers do that. anyways ill be having another get together for tonights game... i hope we take it in dallas so us fans and players can save our energy for round two.

You know, what really pisses me off is that, if we win these series, people will blame the Mavs for losing them... Not that I care much about that, but will happen. It will be the Mavs fault for losing to the #8 seed.
Last edited by TMC on Tue May 01, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 01, 2007 4:37 am
I really don't give a fuk what any cunnt says, the team, if they do win ofcourse, would have earned every last bit of it and they will likely continue this for years to come. That is all I want, success from now on and the rest of it can go stick it