HoopsWorld: Sarunas Jasikevicius Again In Control

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 3
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:29 am
good international article on sarunas jasikevicius

http://www.hoopsworld.com/global/article_21801.shtml

i think it was done in saruas' native language.

hello from slovenija from nba no1 fan!

bostjan
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:56 am
he can in control his ass out of this team thank you very much. I prefer Foyle to him. The worst player on the team hands down. I'll still never forget the time he nearly lost the game for us after we were up FORTY THREE and we ended up winning just by 13 in the second biggest fourth quarter loss of all time.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:59 am
His last name will probably change jerseys in the next few months


Best part of the article...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:32 am
As horrible as he is as a PG, I have much respect for the dude...

He could choose to not give a f*ck about nelson, about the team, about our wild ride in the playoffs b/c he knows, the warriors know, and WE all know he ain't coming back.

but if you've watched our run to the playoffs and our first 4 playoff games, THE DUDE IS OUR BIGGEST CHEERLEADER ON THE BENCH. He's leading the cheers, the first one to offer encouragement and give props when the our main dudes come to the bench during a timeout. His enthusiasm and support are much appreciated.

so ya, we all know his departure is inevitable...let's just leave that negative sh*t for the off season...

WE ALL FAMILY DURING THIS RUN...

i was at the game last night...UNBELIEVABLE...i was high-fiving EVERYONE around me...so was everyone else...

an experience that i'll never forget...

Role Player
Posts: 230
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:43 am
that's a positive outlook aletha, but he doesn't bring anything to our club, ****…if you wanted to have a good point guard and a great cheerleader we should bring back aaron miles…at least he could play…plus with the oracle arena rocking like that who needs another cheerleader. plus i think a big reason for his enthusiasm, is his love for basketball, imagine if you were in his shoes, you'd have the best seat in the house…any fan of basketball would love to be in his position.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:49 am
dstown wrote:that's a positive outlook aletha, but he doesn't bring anything to our club, ****…if you wanted to have a good point guard and a great cheerleader we should bring back aaron miles…at least he could play…plus with the oracle arena rocking like that who needs another cheerleader. plus i think a big reason for his enthusiasm, is his love for basketball, imagine if you were in his shoes, you'd have the best seat in the house…any fan of basketball would love to be in his position.


his love for the game, his love for the limelight, his love etc...sorry you can't appreciate him like I can...gotta get SOME value from him...

trust me...no one has to point out to me his inabilities as a point guard... he's what we have now...he's our most ardent supporter on the bench..so, it is what it is.. and if you've played before you'd know support from the crowd and support from your teammates are two different things...

we don't have aaron miles are any other hypothetical PG you'd want to bring in...
Last edited by aletha33 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1266
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:20 am
As pitiful as his play has been I do agree with Aletha - he's been BY FAR the biggest cheerleader. At least he is a teammate before anything else. A lot of guys in the NBA would have packed it in and just sat at the end of the bench crying over PT.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:21 am
Thunder wrote:As pitiful as his play has been I do agree with Aletha - he's been BY FAR the biggest cheerleader. At least he is a teammate before anything else. A lot of guys in the NBA would have packed it in and just sat at the end of the bench crying over PT.


:D i forgot to add the bitchin' over not playing...thanks.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:33 am
I don't know but I think I'd stick with these...

Image

:wink:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:53 pm
Jask is a professional and seems to be conducting himself like one. He hasn't had a good showing in the nba yet but his past accomplishments show he is a great basketball player and winner. Good to hear that he is being active in motivating the team during this great run and for that he deserves credit

Rookie
Posts: 108
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:42 pm
yea i agree. he doesnt bring anything to the table however he is there to encourage the players. even when we are down 10, hes the first up to get the guys pumped back up.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:15 pm
I find Jackson a far more superior motivator. We don't need to pay 4-mil to a player that only does cheerleading. No disrespect to the guy, but he doesn't even do anything when he gets the nod to play. His best game in a Warriors uni was against the Wolves in which they were blown out when the Dubs were pretty much getting owned by every team.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 384
» Tue May 01, 2007 1:56 am
i still like cabbage as a motivator. you see adonal's fat ass sitting at the end of the bench aching for some donuts. dude barely shows any emotion.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Tue May 01, 2007 8:52 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I find Jackson a far more superior motivator. We don't need to pay 4-mil to a player that only does cheerleading. No disrespect to the guy, but he doesn't even do anything when he gets the nod to play. His best game in a Warriors uni was against the Wolves in which they were blown out when the Dubs were pretty much getting owned by every team.


you're missing the point and stating the obvious here...

of course we don't need to pay someone "that only does cheerleading." but is that an option we have right now? of course not...it is what it is. he's here, he's here until the end of the season, he's a great cheerleader, end of story.

we're not COMPARING his playing abilities nor are we COMPARING his cheerleading abilities.

besides, we're saying jasa is a great cheerleader FROM THE BENCH. jax hypes up his team and the crowd from the floor...
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue May 01, 2007 10:11 am
Hoonyo wrote:i still like cabbage as a motivator. you see adonal's fat ass sitting at the end of the bench aching for some donuts. dude barely shows any emotion.

Unfortunately, I can empathize with Foyle a helluva lot more than I can with Cabbage.

Adonal Foyle's been a Warrior for 10 seasons (his entire career). And when Nellie questioned his motivation and shape this preseason, Foyle kicked his ass in gear. He shaped himself into the best overall body I've seen him have in Golden State and worked his ass off in extremely sporadic AND limited time (rebounding better than ever, blocking a ton of shots, even hustling back during transition... something I've never seen him do).

Foyle worked hard this season to get back into the rotation, but was never rewarded. He truly proved to me, and many others, that he wanted to be here and wanted to earn his money. A guy like Adonal Foyle could have simply rolled his eyes at Nelson, ate his mountain of ice cream, and gone home to roll around naked in his piles of cash... but he didn't. And that earned a lot of respect from me this season.

So, at the end of it all, when Foyle's been here longer than anybody (yes, even Nelson)... and the playoffs finally come around for the first time in the decade Adonal's been here... I really feel for the guy when Nellie won't even put him out there for garbage minutes. Not even at the Oracle, for the final 30 seconds of the game, when the Warriors were up by over 10 points. To me, that sucks bad.

I'd be sulking if I was Foyle, too.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests