TNT coverage...mainly barkley

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:33 am
it was great to come home after the game and see what exactly the others like kenny smith would say to barkley. it was great when they actually showed the clip from the arena where we had the animated thunder throw a cream pie at barkleys face. all in all after all that barkley has said... he is giving glimpses of saying how good we are. but he still hates on us fans though... he still has something coming from him.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:16 am
Barkley will likely say something like "the Warriors are one of the greatest non 60 win teams in nba history". He'll be making himself look stupid yet again by proving himself to have been wrong all along about this team

Role Player
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:07 am
TNT showing the Barkley Pie-in-the-face was absolutely hilarious. Other than predicting the Mavs in five, Barkley's main gripe has not been with the Warriors on the court, but he just does NOT like the cities of Oakland and San Francisco and he repeatedly said that last night. He even went as far as saying he liked Sacramento better than both those cities. Having never been to any of the aforementioned cities, I can't comment, but from others have told me, the Bay Area is a great place to visit and live.

If anything, Barkley's comments about the Warriors and the Bay Area is spurning the Warriors on. One more to go!!

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:19 am
I think Barkley is being pretty funny about it all. He just sat there in his Mavs jersey soaking up the misery of a bad prediction. He's doing about the same thing I always do when I make bad predictions...like picking UCLA to beat Florida, just bitter comments disconnected with reality...but I would never just leave or admit I'm wrong...

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:32 am
[quote="BradB3030"]I think Barkley is being pretty funny about it all. He just sat there in his Mavs jersey soaking up the misery of a bad prediction. He's doing about the same thing I always do when I make bad predictions...like picking UCLA to beat Florida, just bitter comments disconnected with reality...but I would never just leave or admit I'm wrong...[/quote]

Barkley is a jackass and his hatred for the Warriors is fueled is likely due to him have a bunch of money riding on the Mavs. Cuban and Barkely are despicable.

What a game. This is some of the most exciting hoops I've seen in a long time. Baron won't be denied.

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:35 am
hmm I thought last night it was pretty funny after the game with barkeley. I dont take anything he says at face value, his main job on that show is to entertain. He makes me laugh at least, and I love when they make the photos, like him sitting by golden gate bridge saying this view stinks. hahahaha. GO WARRIORS

All Star
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:40 am
Exactly...the dudes a clown, an entertainer like polly kraker says. He's just having fun with it all...

ya, I'm sure he believes what he said, but he's having a good time with it all as we all are rubbing it in his face.

Role Player
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:49 am
i was pretty pissed about his comments in the first game…not giving us our due, but i thought he was pretty good sport about it yesterday. he admitted he was wrong but of course he'd feel sore with all those signs about him at the arena…pretty funny stuff…and plus i think it's ironic with all the history he's had with cuban, he's backing the mavs so hard.

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:49 am
[quote="dstown"]i was pretty pissed about his comments in the first game…not giving us our due, but i thought he was pretty good sport about it yesterday. he admitted he was wrong but of course he'd feel sore with all those signs about him at the arena…pretty funny stuff…and plus i think it's ironic with all the history he's had with cuban, he's backing the mavs so hard.[/quote]

Luckily I got to watch the game on FoxSports Bay Area. I didn't have to listen to Barkley or any of their lame commentators.

What a fun team to watch.

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:11 pm
Barkley hates the Warriors. Period. He doesn't like to be constantly reminded that as a 11-12 year vet...multiple All-Star......(at the time) got dunked...no wait (POSTERIZED) by one of the SOFTEST, BIGGEST CRYBABY NON-CLUTCH PLAYERS IN ALL NBA HISTORY....yes, CHRIS WEBBER. :mrgreen:

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:16 pm
I didn't know the pie thing was broadcast - the house erupted at that. did the Barkley Sucks chant come though on TV?

Site Admin
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:34 pm
KingBaron wrote:I didn't know the pie thing was broadcast - the house erupted at that. did the Barkley Sucks chant come though on TV?

Yup, i heard it. and i saw all the anti-Chucky signs as well - it was great.

Rookie
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:36 pm
KingBaron wrote: did the Barkley Sucks chant come though on TV?

not on FSN ....not sure about TNT

but the bull-s h i t chants were heard

Franchise Player
» Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:32 pm
About a good 5-7 anti-Barkley signs were shown during the halftime report. And Barkley's response... "They declared war on me, I declare war on them. The bay area sucks." Image