**** ESPN

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:37 pm
OK, let me get this straight. The W's first home playoff game since 1994 and ****ing ESPN doesn't start televising the game until 7:00 left in the first quarter. I was dying to see the player introductions pre-game.

Not only that, but after the game is over, instead of televising the post game fun, they show the ****ing NFL pre draft coverage. Damn, if it had been the ****ing Lakiers or an Eastern Team, they would have shown the highlights for an hour straight.

I'm so pissed at ESPN and I can't wait until Sunday when FSN shows our game in full on HD....................**** ESPN

Role Player
» Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:46 pm
they did a better job then TNT and they dont talk alot of sh!t about us

Site Admin
» Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:47 pm
jsw548 wrote:OK, let me get this straight. The W's first home playoff game since 1994 and ****ing ESPN doesn't start televising the game until 7:00 left in the first quarter. I was dying to see the player introductions pre-game.

Not only that, but after the game is over, instead of televising the post game fun, they show the ****ing NFL pre draft coverage. Damn, if it had been the ****ing Lakiers or an Eastern Team, they would have shown the highlights for an hour straight.

I'm so pissed at ESPN and I can't wait until Sunday when FSN shows our game in full on HD....................**** ESPN

yeah there is no love for the dubs, TNT hates us, If it isn't on the Eastcoast than ESPN doesn't care, and ABC never heard of us. F U C K em all.

All Star
» Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:51 pm
jsw548 wrote:OK, let me get this straight. The W's first home playoff game since 1994 and ****ing ESPN doesn't start televising the game until 7:00 left in the first quarter. I was dying to see the player introductions pre-game.

See I can understand that they wanted to see the heat game till hte end. But come on. A pic in pic screen split with them talking to David Stern about BS? They asked about the situation in SEATTLE? HELLO?

I WANT THE NBA ON NBC AGAIN.

Franchise Player
» Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:27 pm
I liked the NBA on NBC also. They had a catchy tune, better than TNT's and ESPN's.

But I appreciated the commentary, play-by-play, and love we received. I really appreciated Walton giving us the respect we deserve.

Role Player
» Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:30 pm
anyones better than Dick "one foot in the grave" stockton :banghead:

Rookie
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:07 am
ok, celebrate, im from uruguay and the latin espn is the worst bullshit ever seen, is like a coverage of san antonio's season, and maybe u can see the marketing teams like lakers or cavs, and they are not going to put the finals, again, preffer to put billard, or poker, since when the poker is a sport...incredible

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:01 am

You're pissed?. I had the f*cking Raptors on TV instead of the Warriors. I'm still downloading the game... :banghead:

Starting Lineup
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:02 am
You're pissed?. I had the f*cking Raptors on TV instead of the Warriors. I'm still downloading the game... :banghead:

The Raptors game was over before the Ws started, and was on ESPN2, wasn't it? At least in the US - do you live outside the US? Sorry that you missed it.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:08 am
hoopitup wrote:The Raptors game was over before the Ws started, and was on ESPN2, wasn't it? At least in the US - do you live outside the US? Sorry that you missed it.

In Spain... and we get only one game per day. And, as Calderon plays for Toronto, it was the Raptors. That's why I had to download a torrent (in chinese!!!) to watch the game.

Oh well. Better that than not watching it.

All Star
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:20 am
The difference in the call between the cadaverous dick stockton and the breen/barry/walton combo was astonishing. ESPN did a great play by play. I don't think it was anything against the Ws. I've seen it again and again that they will stick with the end of a game rather than go to the beginning of the other, but I do think they could have had a split screen...Walton, ever the iconoclast and contrarian to conventional wisdom, LOVES the warriors style. Like Phoenix and Denver, the Ws let the players play, as opposed to the grind it into the ground, call every play, Van Gundy, Utah, Larry brown style...I think the dull and predictable style of San Antonio and Detroit is what drove a lot of fans away, so I really hope one of the free-flowing teams wins the ring. If it isn't the Ws, and who's to say that can't happen right now, Suns or Nuggets...
Last edited by coltraning on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:21 am
TMC wrote:
hoopitup wrote:The Raptors game was over before the Ws started, and was on ESPN2, wasn't it? At least in the US - do you live outside the US? Sorry that you missed it.

In Spain... and we get only one game per day. And, as Calderon plays for Toronto, it was the Raptors. That's why I had to download a torrent (in chinese!!!) to watch the game.

Must be hard trying to follow the Ws from Spain...but at least with torrents and the Internet, you can find coverage after the fact. I'll do some extra cheering for you on Sunday!

Rookie
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:57 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I liked the NBA on NBC also. They had a catchy tune, better than TNT's and ESPN's.

That catchy Tune was done by none other than John Tesh.

You just said john tesh's music is catchy....are you soooooooo right my friend

All Star
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:07 pm
I personally liked the ESPN commentary A LOT more than the TNT commentary, even though Reggie gave us props. I am not usually a fan of Walton, but at least he isn't a die hard "need to play back to the basket" kind of dude.

I will say, however, props to David Stern. Jim Gray did another one of his NOTORIOUSLY BAD INTERVIEWS and Stern, while looking visably annoyed at the clown, sacked up and told him to go back to the game. Stern screws up in a ton of other departments but at least he knew when Gray was being a D-Bag and expressed it through his curt answers.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:16 pm
hoopitup wrote:
TMC wrote:

Must be hard trying to follow the Ws from Spain...but at least with torrents and the Internet, you can find coverage after the fact. I'll do some extra cheering for you on Sunday!

Thanks, man. Really appreciated.

It's hard to follow them being so far away but via internet is very possible. The only problem is that, more often than not, I have to watch the games a few hours after they have been actually played. But it's alright. I'll enjoy them the same as long as they keep winning.

Go Dubs!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: