J.R.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Should he start dunking on people again?

65%
Yes
35%
No

Total votes: 17

Rookie
» Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:50 pm
ive noticed that j-rich hasnt been dunking on people like wat he has done in the past and now he is starting to jus lay it up
Last edited by quamnation on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rookie
» Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:52 pm
That is a fantastic first post :D

Starting Lineup
» Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:10 pm
To me 2 points=2 points....his legs aren't what they used to be so its harder for him to dunk over people.

All Star
» Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 pm
System Error wrote:That is a fantastic first post :D

and it took him 2 edits to get it right.

And J-Rich isn't dunking on cats because he went through arthroscopic surgery. Just like Kobe, he realized it isn't worth all the wear and tear when two points is two points.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:15 am
2 points is 2 points and JRich is a better player than ever. That is what's important

Franchise Player
» Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:20 am
It'd be great to see every once in a while. But he knows better. You can't always dunk on people. Back then, I was wondering when he'd learn to finally lay it up around the defender instead of committing a potent offensive foul. I'd love to see some posterization though... or even a 360 windmill from time to time.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:37 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:And J-Rich isn't dunking on cats because he went through arthroscopic surgery. Just like Kobe, he realized it isn't worth all the wear and tear when two points is two points.

Yep. I don't care about dunks. They count two points, too. Although it's nice to see one from time to time, J-Rich has to play it safe. He's just coming from surgery, for god's sake.

All Star
» Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:08 am
I really care about sicko tomahawks.

Site Admin
» Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:23 pm
I voted yes because it is exciting for the fans, but you should have had a 3rd option being "It doesn't matter" because it really doesn't. I would rather see J-Rich play a great all around game then put up 30 pts and dunk on half the team. But it would be nice for him maybe at the end of a game their going to win to slam it in a mavs player face.

All Star
» Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:02 pm
JReed23 wrote:I voted yes because it is exciting for the fans, but you should have had a 3rd option being "It doesn't matter" because it really doesn't. I would rather see J-Rich play a great all around game then put up 30 pts and dunk on half the team. But it would be nice for him maybe at the end of a game their going to win to slam it in a mavs player face.

Or stuff a potential break-away layup... :mrgreen:

All Star
» Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:55 pm
don't take offense, but you've gotta be around 12, 13 years old? you ask if this is a choice he can actually choose to make...

Site Admin
» Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:03 am
JayPat wrote:
JReed23 wrote:I voted yes because it is exciting for the fans, but you should have had a 3rd option being "It doesn't matter" because it really doesn't. I would rather see J-Rich play a great all around game then put up 30 pts and dunk on half the team. But it would be nice for him maybe at the end of a game their going to win to slam it in a mavs player face.

Or stuff a potential break-away layup... :mrgreen:

It maybe the break-away layup, but nothing offers more instant gratification than a posterizing, in-your-face, nuts to the face slam dunk over your opposition.

Rookie
» Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:06 am
well.. I agreed that he needs to take his time since he just had a surgery. But I do like to see him drive to the basket more than taking the jumpshots. :wink:

Rookie
» Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:39 am
J-Rich feeds off of energy. He's a better shooter after an ally-oop or a breakaway thunder dunk. I predict at least one monster throwdown in the hyphy pandemonium that will be the Oracle Arena in Smokeland.

remember when...

Rookie
» Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:02 pm
sometimes he misses his layup or get it blocked whereas when he could have dunked it and scored. ex, last night he got his layup blocked by davin harris