» Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:08 pm
Don't get like my hopes up like that. April Fools aready passed... :mrgreen:

All Star
» Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:13 pm
tinchogsw wrote:would be great to read this in a newspapper...or not? :wink:

You got me. :evil:

» Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:48 pm
You son of a bitch! :mrgreen:

You got me bad! You'd think I'd be prepared for something like this...

Rookie
» Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:29 pm
Just curious. If you are so confident that the Warriors are better than the Mavs have a better starting 8 or 5-- wouldn't you want Dirk to play?? Can't the Warriors beat Dallas in the playoffs with Dirk??

At any rate... this will be a great series. Let the games begin!!!

Rookie
» Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:41 pm
big b, you have the best avatar ever

Hall of Famer
» Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:35 am
JayPat wrote:
tinchogsw wrote:would be great to read this in a newspapper...or not? :wink:

You got me. :evil:

Definately was believable

» Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:32 am
james417 wrote:Just curious. If you are so confident that the Warriors are better than the Mavs have a better starting 8 or 5-- wouldn't you want Dirk to play?? Can't the Warriors beat Dallas in the playoffs with Dirk??

I can't wait for Dirk to play us. A guy who goes 2-for-14 when his team desperately needs a bounce back game in the NBA Finals???

Golden State forced Dirk Nowitski to throw away 5.0 turnovers a game whenever he played them this year! No other team (except Denver) could do that. On top of that, they held him to an average of 19 points on 47% shooting (his season averages are 24.6 PPG on 50.2%).

Please. Bring on Dirk Nowitski.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:18 am
JR23 wrote:big b, you have the best avatar ever

:D I appreciate that, but wait till see richies... 8)

All Star
» Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:57 pm
32 wrote:
james417 wrote:Just curious. If you are so confident that the Warriors are better than the Mavs have a better starting 8 or 5-- wouldn't you want Dirk to play?? Can't the Warriors beat Dallas in the playoffs with Dirk??

I can't wait for Dirk to play us. A guy who goes 2-for-14 when his team desperately needs a bounce back game in the NBA Finals???

Exactly why D Wade called him out in the off season. Seriously if I had a pick of who to depend on betwn him and D Wade, I'd pick wade.

Rookie
» Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:54 pm
Depends. I'll grant you that DWade had an intensity that was unmatched by any Mavs player, no matter how many calls he was given. But, who is being consistently mentioned as MVP candidate for the year. Dirk, because he stays healthy through the whole year. And Dirk, has improved each year in clutch situation (he was HUGE in us beating SAS in San Antonio-- no small feat!!). I am confident he will rise to the occasion this year and bring us home the TROPHY.

I truly hope more Warriors fans WANT Dirk to play, so as to prove that your victory (if that were to happen) was truly you having the better team. For us to beat SAS without Tim Duncan playing is marred. We beat them in spite of him avg 35 a game against us.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:29 am
Nowitzki still has to beat out Nash for MVP and that may or may not happen as Nash is having his best season and Suns were 2nd best

Franchise Player
» Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:09 am
james417 wrote:Depends. I'll grant you that DWade had an intensity that was unmatched by any Mavs player, no matter how many calls he was given. But, who is being consistently mentioned as MVP candidate for the year. Dirk, because he stays healthy through the whole year. And Dirk, has improved each year in clutch situation (he was HUGE in us beating SAS in San Antonio-- no small feat!!). I am confident he will rise to the occasion this year and bring us home the TROPHY.

I truly hope more Warriors fans WANT Dirk to play, so as to prove that your victory (if that were to happen) was truly you having the better team. For us to beat SAS without Tim Duncan playing is marred. We beat them in spite of him avg 35 a game against us.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dirk was injured a couple times. Most were minor injuries so I don't think they should affect how they judge the MVP voting. I have yet to believe Dirk can be clutch in the bigger games. Forget the season, we all saw what happened last year. He disappeared and DWade took over the show.

We do want Dirk to play, we'd love to. You saw what SJax did to him. As long as Nelson's at helm, this season ain't no walk in the park.

Role Player
» Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:07 am
i don't know about you guys but i'm a realist and i'd rather that dirk did not play lol. but i feel confident with us playing them even if he is there.

Rookie
» Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:35 am
How do you not call Dirk beating SAS in game 7 at San Antonio to go the NBA finals not a big game??? Do you remember the last second 3 point play to bring the game to OT.

And while Dirk was not his best in Miami, the problem wasn't Dirk, the problem was we got scared taking the ball to the paint and settled for too many jumpshots. If Josh and Devin were last year what they are this year Miami wouldn't have gotten away with all the double and triple teams they did.