Rockets Win!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:37 pm
blown call by Steve Jabbi gives the Rockets the win! Warriors now 1 1/2 games back
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:00 pm
Great to see it! Also the Hornets coughed it up to the Spurs, after taking a lead into the 4th. Otherwise, they could have tied us.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:08 pm
Yeah, I watched. However, even if it was called a three Mobley missed his first free throw. Anyways, let's beat the Suns tomorrow!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:13 pm
JayPat wrote:Yeah, I watched. However, even if it was called a three Mobley missed his first free throw. Anyways, let's beat the Suns tomorrow!

But they interview him on the postgame show and he said after the call he lost his concentration which is believable. Mobleys actually a pretty cool cat. But ya, lets beat the suns!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:53 am
Excellent news on the Rockets winning. It gives the Warriors another chance. Tonight will be a must win against the Suns though. It is put up or shut up time for the Warriors tonight!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:58 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:Excellent news on the Rockets winning. It gives the Warriors another chance. Tonight will be a must win against the Suns though. It is put up or shut up time for the Warriors tonight!

It's pretty much put up or shut up time for the Warriors these last 9 games. Wouldn't now be a great time to go on that long awaited winning streak? Though hope they don't overdo it if it does happen, I hope to draw the 8th seed and take on the Mavs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:58 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:Excellent news on the Rockets winning. It gives the Warriors another chance. Tonight will be a must win against the Suns though. It is put up or shut up time for the Warriors tonight!

It's pretty much put up or shut up time for the Warriors these last 9 games. Wouldn't now be a great time to go on that long awaited winning streak? Though hope they don't overdo it if it does happen, I hope to draw the 8th seed and take on the Mavs.

Don't expect them to win them all but they should end up with 8th spot. Facing the Mavs is really the best matchup there is

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:12 pm
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

Don't expect them to win them all but they should end up with 8th spot. Facing the Mavs is really the best matchup there is

I don't, but now would be a lovely time to go on a win streak. Haven't done it all year, so how about now? And yeah, the Mavs are their best matchup, though I don't mind the Suns, regardless. We may have the Mavs number, but the Suns play like sh*t near the end of the season because they are getting tired. D'Antoni uses the same rotation throughout the season and stars bringing in the cavalary the last few games. It's a 7 and sometimes 8 man rotation that has only Barbosa and Thomas coming off the bench for them playing big minutes.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:52 pm
I think the Suns are the fittest team and they won't tire out but will rather get beaten by a much better defensive team, like the Spurs. Don't think the Warriors will go on any big winning streak but winning 6 more games will maybe be enough and that is not an unreasonable expectation but I actually expect the team to win at least 6 more

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:40 pm
I'm sure the Suns don't want to draw the Lakers. The Spurs aren't too far from them. Kobe in the postseason could be disaster against a non-defensive team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:13 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I'm sure the Suns don't want to draw the Lakers. The Spurs aren't too far from them. Kobe in the postseason could be disaster against a non-defensive team.

The Suns will have problems against almost anybody. They probably want to play the Nuggets, because any other team can become a problem for them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:56 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I'm sure the Suns don't want to draw the Lakers. The Spurs aren't too far from them. Kobe in the postseason could be disaster against a non-defensive team.

I believe the Suns will step up in the playoffs. Marion has been doing less than I've seen him in years and they are still doing well. They wil likely get the Nuggets and as it looks right now, they will blitz them

Return to Warriors Basketball