Monta Ellis

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:36 pm
whats up guys! im new to the board! So my friend and I were arguing because I was telling him that Monta Ellis is about to be the next allen iverson and he thinks im full of ****. I dont know...what yall think?
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8774/n ... manzy1.jpg

^^^^^^^^THIS IS WHAT U GET DUNLEAVY FOR BEING WEAK!!!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:51 pm
I am very high on monta and I think he will be a feraking superstar but his game is a little different than iverson, id say a more athletic tony parker ie good mid range shooter, good driver, and eventually a solid distributor
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:23 pm
big difference between AI & Monta... ball-handling...AI is deft...most deft. Monta, nothing special...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:07 pm
AI has better offensive skills all around (maybe Monta w/ the edge on layups/finishing at the rim and), Monta is much quicker, and is able to rely on his quickness. If he develops a shot and distributing then he will be scary. Otherwise he won't make an All Star team.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:44 pm
Monty is as quick a Tony Parker, as explosive as AI but looks more like a D-Wade type of player than a distributor like BD, Nash, Kidd or Deron Williams. Biedrins should be a long time Warriors, but the Warriors need to decide the fate of Nellie and BD. We can't keep both BD and Ellis unless we can dump (Foyle, Richardson, Harrington or SJax) or Cohan wants to pay luxury tax for a sub .500 team. Like the GA experiment we risk having Monty play ok at an unnatural postion (PG) when he may be better suited as a 6th man or 2 guard and then flourish into a superstar. More importantly, both Ellis and Biedrins are well suited for either a fast break, quick offense or standard half court offense. They are also two of our better defenders and both fan and management favorites which means the rest of our roster should be available for expiring contracts.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 am
Ellis wil never be the scorer that Iverson is but not many players are! Monta is definately Parker like but with more skills

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:37 am
Monta is the upgraded version of Tony Parker. Has a consistent mid-range jumper, loves to drive, does not rely on the three, quick and elusive, quick with his hands defensively, and rotates well to draw a charge. Not a better passer than Parker, but he is more threatning offensively. Monta is not the next coming of AI.... God, I hope not or else we'll have The Cancer V.2. Once he develops his passing and handling, he'll be one of the elite. He'll be deadly, and we shall see a phenom here playing in a Warriors uni.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:32 am
ultimatewarrior wrote:whats up guys! im new to the board! So my friend and I were arguing because I was telling him that Monta Ellis is about to be the next allen iverson and he thinks im full of ****. I dont know...what yall think?

First of all, welcome to the board.

You already got the answer from everybody else. In any case, it's too early to tell. He's been compared to Arenas, Parker, AI... and he's going to be Monta, not any of those guys. How good he'll be... only time will tell. So far he's just a promising youngsters (one of the most promising of the league), but he's not at those guy's level.

Return to Warriors Basketball