Article about JRich thinking he will leave

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:19 pm
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070325smith,1,4475139.column?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

JRich Believes he will be traded after the season, he also hope to go to either detroit or chicago

"Jason Richardson is leaving hints that given their infatuation with Monta Ellis Richardson will be the one traded by the Warriors after the season. Richardson is telling friends he's hoping for a trade to the Pistons or Bulls"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:07 pm
It's written by Sam Smith. Who cares?. Kawakami is a Pulitzer writer compared with Smith...
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:29 pm
i can't see jason richardson in a jersey other than warriors... and if he is traded... he'll always be a warrior to me

That's me :D
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:07 pm
WHAT!? **** THAT!!!!!!!!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:19 pm
Viz wrote:http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070325smith,1,4475139.column?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

JRich Believes he will be traded after the season, he also hope to go to either detroit or chicago

"Jason Richardson is leaving hints that given their infatuation with Monta Ellis Richardson will be the one traded by the Warriors after the season. Richardson is telling friends he's hoping for a trade to the Pistons or Bulls"

:bs: <---- Very ralely can that smiley require NO explaination, but it does here.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:13 pm
im taking into credibility that Jrich is telling family and friends, i dont care who wrote it
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:55 pm
I think it is likely that if anyone from the team is traded, it is JRich. Don't think there are plans to trade him yet

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:30 am
Josh Jamison wrote:WHAT!? **** THAT!!!!!!!!!!

'Nuff said.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:27 am
Unfortuantely, J-Rich has lost his legs. I have watched J-Rich this year and he can no longer explode above the rim like he use to do. I;m not use to see him getting so many lay-ups blocked or lay-ups below the rim. he no longer has the ability to follow-up miss shots with a slam dunk put back like he use to do on a regular basis. With all that said; J-Rich has not learned to paly without relying on God-given physical ability. He is just a shell of himself. He no longer can shake anyone one-on-one. I will give him credit that he will stick his nose in and rebound. he will play defense and he will give up the ball. I guess he can go straight up and down OK but his lateral movement is totally gone. I love J-Rich as palyer who gives his all. It just sad to see him palying this way. :(
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:52 am
This is just hyperbole by Sam Smith, sh1t, even Peter Vecsey is more accurate than this loon.

Jason Richardson is none too happy with a report that appeared in Monday's Chicago Tribune, which stated that Richardson expects to be traded in the offseason because of the Warriors' "infatuation with Monta Ellis." According to the report, Richardson hopes to be traded to the Pistons or Bulls.

"I don't even have family in Chicago, so I don't know how they got that. That's not true at all," said Richardson, a Michigan native. "I mean, everybody's playing good and we're trying to make the playoffs and you throw something like that out there? People are calling me, my teammates, like, 'Where did that come from?'

"It's kind of messed up, whoever ran that story. I've never said anything close to that."

Richardson, who just bought a new house in Oakland, says he not only wants to be there next season, but for the rest of his playing days. He is the second-longest tenured Warrior behind 10-year veteran Adonal Foyle.

"I've been here for six years, I love it here," Richardson said. "I mean, it's very seldom a player starts his career here and ends his career here, but I'd like to do that here, change things around."

The issue for the Warriors will be managing their payroll, with Richardson making $10 million this season and due $50 million over the next four years.

Getting technical: With Sunday's technical foul against the Lakers, swingman Stephen Jackson is now up to 13 for the year. That leaves him three away from being hit with an automatic one-game suspension by the league.

Jackson, whose last five technicals have come in the last two weeks -- during which he has also been ejected twice -- said he's well aware of the looming sanctions.

"I can't get 16," he said. "That not going to happen."

So far, Detroit's Rasheed Wallace is the only player to run afoul of the NBA's technical policy, which includes one-game penalties for every other T, beginning with No. 16. Wallace, with 18 technicals, served his second suspension Sunday.

Briefly: Jackson made good on his words Monday, but three others were hit with technical or flagrant fouls in the third quarter alone. Baron Davis was whistled for a flagrant foul on Tony Parker. About three minutes later, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and Al Harrington received T's on back-to-back plays.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/03/27/SPG57OSH6A1.DTL
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:08 am
Sam Smith==> :bs:

I've seen better thought out trade ideas on this board.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:29 am
After watching the last two Warriors games I really hope that J-Rich turns his game back to the way it was. He's not playing like himself and is being very unselfish. I know J-Rich said that he doesn't have to carry the scoring load anymore and I agree with that, but that doesn't mean that you don't try to score. Richardson's game is scoring and lately I have not seen that. There are many times that he passes the ball and he should of taken a shot. It's disappointing to see. J-Rich is my favorite Warrior and to see him play unlike himself is sad. He needs to go back to his aggressive scoring ways, because I haven't seen that aggressiveness since he's been back and that is J-Rich's bread and butter.

Now Monta... That's fuckin' aggressive! J-Rich used to be aggressive like that (maybe not exactly like that, but close). I think Richardson would help the team more if he went back to his scoring ways rather than his unselfish play. What do you guys think?
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:56 am
Josh Jamison wrote:After watching the last two Warriors games I really hope that J-Rich turns his game back to the way it was. He's not playing like himself and is being very unselfish. I know J-Rich said that he doesn't have to carry the scoring load anymore and I agree with that, but that doesn't mean that you don't try to score. Richardson's game is scoring and lately I have not seen that. There are many times that he passes the ball and he should of taken a shot. It's disappointing to see. J-Rich is my favorite Warrior and to see him play unlike himself is sad. He needs to go back to his aggressive scoring ways, because I haven't seen that aggressiveness since he's been back and that is J-Rich's bread and butter.

Now Monta... That's fuckin' aggressive! J-Rich used to be aggressive like that (maybe not exactly like that, but close). I think Richardson would help the team more if he went back to his scoring ways rather than his unselfish play. What do you guys think?

That he's still trying to come back from his injury. He'll be his old self again... but probably not til next season.

At least, that's what I think after the few games I've been able to watch lately. I've missed several because THE F*CKING RAPTORS ARE ALWAYS ON TV INSTEAD OF THE DUBS!!! F*CK!!! :banghead:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 am
Josh, I think he is trying but he can't physically do it anymore, at least right now.. I hope he stays and comes back strong next year.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:58 am
I nearly puked when I saw that article on yahoo...

gawd I hope it's not true
Here we go again...
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball