Article about losing Jrich or Baron

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:38 am
This article is stupid and retarded! This writer (whoever the f-ck he is) just wants readers. He's writing for the sake of writing. What a horrible time to release this article.

Richardson and Davis are the Warriors...

Like one of you said (forgot who) there needs to be three players to build a team around. By looking at this roster I would say, hands down, that those three should be: Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, and Andris Biedrins. I'd love to have Davis, but he is always a big question mark. Harrington and Jackson are too streaky to be milestone players.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:49 am
good points aletha... i agree, it was monta fault more than anything, he made like 4-5 crucial turnovers that game. I'm sure no one here wants to see our team get a facial makeover anytime soon cause we are just finally able to see what they can do together. Realistically we are gonna lose a couple key players, i dont know how u guys feel about pietrus and barnes, but they are most likely gonna be gone. Lets see what cohen will do about all these money issues
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:03 pm
Viz wrote:good points aletha... i agree, it was monta fault more than anything, he made like 4-5 crucial turnovers that game. I'm sure no one here wants to see our team get a facial makeover anytime soon cause we are just finally able to see what they can do together. Realistically we are gonna lose a couple key players, i dont know how u guys feel about pietrus and barnes, but they are most likely gonna be gone. Lets see what cohen will do about all these money issues

pietrus and barnes - players like that are a dime a dozen...actually, if i had to pick strictly on playing ability, barnes would be my pick. and he's reasonably cheap...

but pietrus...i can't see why some seem to be infatuated with his game...we wont get into that...i'd go one forever with that one...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:17 pm
aletha33 wrote:
dareedle wrote:and last time I checked he got totally outplayed by some young named Deron Williams in a critical playoff like game.

deron totally outplayed baron?? what are you sick? uh, i think YOU need to get real...

BD - 25 minutes, 20 pts, 7 assists, 2 steals
DW - 41 minutes, 10 pts, 17 assists, 0 steals

deron outplayed Monta...not BD..monta sucked azz that night..dude was half asleep.

now I don't know what you call being outplayed, b/c it wasn't deron that came through in crunch time. in fact, i recall him missing some layups and throwing the ball away at the end of the 4th...it was carlos that came through..and AK.

but w/e, you're a typical BD hater spouting opinions with your BD-hating lens on...

dareedle wrote:Warrior fans think we have the best talent in the world in a perfect world.

uh, which "warrior" fans are you asking? it always amazes me how posters like yourself can make general statements like that...find me ONE post, just one, where anyone here says that we have the best talent in the world... anything???

dareedle wrote:A team that hasn't scratch .500 for 12 years does not have good basketball all-star players despite our desperate hopes.

wow, again, another comment without fulling thinking through... if you put 10 years, i might agree with you...certainly BD this year and arguably JRich last year, were all-stars despite not being on the team...

but c'mon dude, think about it...what you're saying is that a team that can't scratch .500 does not have good all-stars...is that not essentially what you're saying? c'mon dude, it takes more than one or two all-stars to make a team successful...

Seattle? lewis and allen? they're not 'GOOD' all-stars?

minny? kg's not a 'GOOD' all-star?

milw? redd's not a 'GOOD' all-star?

boston? pierce's not a 'GOOD' all-star?

:roll:

:D
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Baron is our best player but has a history of injuries that makes him the easy target for our failures, myself included The Warriors have a lot of tough decisions to make, assuming we can't resign Biedrins and Ellis on the cheap and unload Foyle. Based on the impact of good point guards in the league, Nash, Deron, C Paul and the limitation and lack of success of perimeter scorers (Kobe, Redd, Allen, Pierce) teams need to place a lot of bucks and/or lottery picks in the power forward/center position and the PG position. Teams that max out contracts on perimeter players, get into trouble because they struggle to field a quality roster. I don't see Ellis as an untradable asset because he can't pass, and the league has a lot of great off-guards, Barbosa, Kevin Martin, Hinrich, Joe Johnson which make him a less valuable commodity than a great natural PG or a low post player like Biedrins, especially after a large contract extention. BD and Ellis are both great players, but the Warrior's don't have tremendous amount of salary flexibility with the big contracts to Al, J-Rich and Foyle. In other words, I would like to see us match up with Dallas in the playoffs because it highly unlikely we will keep our current roster because of contract extenstions and luxury tax issues.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball