News on kosta perovic

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:43 pm
Mar 19 - Kosta Perovic, a 22-year-old center from Serbia, is currently putting up impressive numbers for BC Partizan Belgrade in the Euroleague playoffs, which is entering its sixth and final week of Top 16 play.
Perovic's standout performance came two weeks ago when he posted 19 points and 11 rebounds in a loss to Greek powerhouse Olympiacos.

Perovic's agent, Rade Filipovich, compares his client's game to that of Cleveland center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Filipovich believes Perovic, with his shooting range, can complement center Andris Biedrins and would be "surprised" if Perovic is not in training camp with the Warriors this fall. -- San Francisco Chronicle

Good to hear that hes improving but do we want another Z on out team? If he really does play like Z i dont think he would fit in nelly's system.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:04 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Perovic's agent, Rade Filipovich, compares his client's game to that of Cleveland center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Filipovich believes Perovic, with his shooting range, can complement center Andris Biedrins and would be "surprised" if Perovic is not in training camp with the Warriors this fall. -- San Francisco Chronicle

I've seen Perovic several times. He's not even a full time starter for Partizan. This is just his agent trying to sell the guy.

I know one thing for sure. Biedrins has more shooting range than him.

If you want a NBA comparison, he's not Big Z. He's Krstic without the scoring touch.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:19 pm
Hype him up, then trade him, a second rounder, a sign and trade with Pietrus to Phoenix for garbage and the rights to the Atlanta pick.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:07 pm
TMC wrote:I've seen Perovic several times. He's not even a full time starter for Partizan. This is just his agent trying to sell the guy.

I know one thing for sure. Biedrins has more shooting range than him.

If you want a NBA comparison, he's not Big Z. He's Krstic without the scoring touch.

:shock: DAMN. Biedrins can't even hit from outside of the circle.

I've never seen him play... but I thought I heard people saying he had range (ala Bargnani). Kid's paper-thin; I figured he was a 3/4 (even though I know he's huge... 7'2", right?).

Keep in mind that I know nothing about Kosta. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:15 pm
Screw Kosta... he was just a waste draft pick, I don't think we're really interested in having him on the team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:24 am
32 wrote: :shock: DAMN. Biedrins can't even hit from outside of the circle.

I know. :wink:

32 wrote:I've never seen him play... but I thought I heard people saying he had range (ala Bargnani). Kid's paper-thin; I figured he was a 3/4 (even though I know he's huge... 7'2", right?).

Well, he can shoot... he won't make any of those shots, but he definitely can shoot. :mrgreen:

Stats... He's a center (you're right, he's 7'2''), with a big height advantage over most rivals... and still shoots .430 from the field. Most of his points come from offensive boards, in fact... and he's only averaging a bit over 4 boards per game. Go figure.

Draftexpress has a good comparison for him. They have him, as the best case scenario, as a similar player to Rasho Nesterovic.

I agree with Jaypat. I think he was picked because the team had enough players in the payroll and didn't want to pay another salary. It makes no sense, when you look at the roster. We already have Biedrins, with POB on the bench (I don't think he'll ever be more than a role player, but even that will be much better than Kosta) and Foyle under contract. The last thing we had to pick was another center... unless it was a salary dump.

We probably will trade him for another second rounder when he decides to try his luck in the NBA.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:26 pm
7'2 and only 240 he's going to get butt raped!!! Seen some highlights of him he's ****ing slow!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:42 pm
That can be said the same about Noah. Softy... dunno about being slow, but he's a toothpick against the big boys in the NBA.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:11 am
xbaywarrior wrote:That can be said the same about Noah. Softy... dunno about being slow, but he's a toothpick against the big boys in the NBA.

Yeah... except Kosta is slow and has no handles or shot...

Return to Warriors Basketball