Tie Breaker vs. Clips and Hornets

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:46 pm
First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is david and I have been reading this forum for the longest time but never made a username to post on this message board. Now the time is exciting so I thought I register.

The warriors own the tie breaker over the hornets because they won the season series. They are currently 2 games ahead of the hornets. In order for the hornets to make the playoffs, they have to play better than the warriors by 3 games with only 14 games remaining.

As for the clippers, they split the season series so a 2nd tie breaker comes in play(team with better conference record), the warriors have a 3 game lead in that department. The clippers need to beat the gsw by 2 games in their final 14. WIth their tough schedule, i do not see that happening. GO GSW!!!!

If the warriors finish the season 7-7, the hornets have to finish the season with a 10-4 record and the clippers with a 9-5 record.

I do not see that happening.

Post comments!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:29 pm
We will make the playoffs if we continue at this rate, but there is also a chance we screw it up. Let's hope for the best.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:44 pm
Not to be a downer but the tiebreaker is not conference record between the Clippers and Warriors. When two teams are tied and they are in the same division then the tiebreaker is divisional record. The Warriors current division record is 4-9, while the Clips record is 4-7. Here are the division games left for each team.

Clippers: @ Sac vs. LAL (2), vs. PHX, vs. SAC

Warriors: @LAL, vs. PHX, @ SAC

I see the Warriors going 2-1 in those games and the Clippers possibly only getting one win against Sacramento, but they could get two. If they do get two then it would go to conference record which the Warriors hold now!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:55 pm
the warriors and clippers are tied in the season series at 2 game a piece. I believe that the 2nd tie breaker is the conference record not the division record. am i wrong?
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:56 pm
I got this from this website
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/matchups

Two-Team Tiebreaker
1. Better record in head-to-head games
2. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
3. Higher winning percentage in conference games
4. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
6. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:59 pm
oh wow, that means the warriors have a lot of work to do in order to secure the 2nd tie breaker

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:03 pm
i believe that the only real threat the warriors have right now is the clippers. If the hornets fall another game behind gsw, they will have a very hard time coming back. I will be going to the warriors at lakers game this upcoming sunday!! (I live near L.A.). Hopefully we can take that game.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tvaldivi wrote:I got this from this website
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/matchups

Two-Team Tiebreaker
1. Better record in head-to-head games
2. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
3. Higher winning percentage in conference games
4. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
6. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

I don't see why they can't just have a one-game, playoff game where the winner goes to the playoffs?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:05 pm
Welcome to the forum!

Looks great for the team but they are the ones that need to keep winning, makes it safe

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball