Road to the playoffs

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:42 am
PhaNxTasY wrote:wait why would he get suspended? he has 16 techs already?

Ionno, they might just look at his behavior in general and suspend him. I'm not sure how many techs he has.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:28 am
JayPat wrote:

Ionno, they might just look at his behavior in general and suspend him. I'm not sure how many techs he has.

He has 12 after tonight, 4 more and we minus well start calling him the SF/SG version of Rasheed Wallace.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:57 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
JayPat wrote:

He has 12 after tonight, 4 more and we minus well start calling him the SF/SG version of Rasheed Wallace.

Oh. Well, I doubt he'll get four more but he's already the SG/SF version of Rasheed.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:53 pm
hoopitup wrote:So Sacramento and Minnesota have an advantage in April with 6 home games still left. But it seems the the Warriors and NO/OK have the easiest April schedules, and Sacramento has the toughest. So, if the W's can be in the 8th spot or within a game of it coming out of March, they should be in very good shape. We need to see Minnesota, the Clips, and NO/Ok rack up the losses this month as they play pretty heavy schedules, and hopefully the Ws can manage to get at least 2, ideally 3, wins out of their next 5.

Looking back at this, I stand by my prediction. The Ws got 2 wins out of a very tough stretch of 5 games. Now they have a much easier schedule the rest of the way, although they need to figure out how to get some wins on the road.

The biggest issue facing the Ws right now is that the Clips own the tiebreaker (better Division record: Clips 4-7, Ws 5-10). Ws have one game against Sac left in division, Clips have 2 against Sac, 2 against the Lakers, and one against Phoenix. The Ws could still catch the Clips as far as division record goes.

The matchup tomorrow between the Clips and Sac is a huge one - if the Clips lose, that puts the Ws 1/2 game back at the end of March. And I stand by my prediction that the Ws are looking good. But if the Clips beat Sacramento tomorrow, then that makes it a lot tougher down the stretch. Not impossible, but a lot tougher.....

For the next 24 hours, we're all big fans of Sacramento....
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:28 pm
hoopitup wrote:For the next 24 hours, we're all big fans of Sacramento....

No! Can't....like..... Kings.... :evil:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:50 pm
hoopitup wrote:For the next 24 hours, we're all big fans of Sacramento....

:scratch: Uh... even not if I had a death wish. Are you sure you're a Warriors fan? :mrgreen:

But then alright, I guess. Ain't like they're the Cowgirls... er, I mean 'Boys. GO KINGS!!!! Gee.... that was REAL hard saying without a straight face and trying my best to hold back.

No Kevin Martin though, they have to step it up B-I-G. And I'm not talking about Notorious B.I.G..... I'm talkin' about Notorious P-O-B, big.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:57 am
hoopitup wrote:The biggest issue facing the Ws right now is that the Clips own the tiebreaker (better Division record: Clips 4-7, Ws 5-10). Ws have one game against Sac left in division, Clips have 2 against Sac, 2 against the Lakers, and one against Phoenix. The Ws could still catch the Clips as far as division record goes.

The Clips will likely lose against the suns and twice more out of the four games they have against Kings and Lakers. That will mean that they will have 10 losses at least against division foes. The Warriors will likely end up with all the tie breakers so it shouldn't be a problem

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball