Lakers

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:28 am
Don't you just love the way the Lakers are playing. At this speed we'll pass them in a week or two. They're riding a seven game loosing streak. O happy day.

Rookie
Posts: 199
» Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:04 am
I'd rather play dallas than san antonio any day...the warriors always have difficulty with the spurs...start winning LA....

nuggets please take 7th...

everyone else keep losing

we want to play the mavs
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:38 pm
chrismullin17gs wrote:I'd rather play dallas than san antonio any day...the warriors always have difficulty with the spurs...start winning LA....

nuggets please take 7th...

everyone else keep losing

we want to play the mavs

absolutely agree. Highly doubtful we will catch either lakers or nuggets. I see us winning 2 against the mavs, and outside chance of the upset of the new millenium. I know the Suns will not be thrilled to see the lakers, and the Spurs would rather not see Denver, so, if ws can make it, should be 4 great first round matches (utah-houston being the 4th)

btw, there is also a decent chance Suns could pass Mavs for first and they have strong motivation to do so, since the 2nd and third seeds are likely to face each other in the 2nd round.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 449
» Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:23 pm
i love the way the lakers playing, now i can punk on the kids at my school

Role Player
Posts: 215
» Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:37 pm
lakers almost lost to the trailblazers, i guess the coach finally told kobe to just do everything, so they could win a game

Rookie
Posts: 12
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:28 am
Kobe Bryant scored 65 points!
who can stop when he shot from 3-Point or made fade-away form
anyaway?
this is a god player,he's so close to be like MJ,
not Wade and not my favorite LeBron,even i think that he is the next
MJ,too 8)

Starting Lineup
Posts: 516
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:43 am
Um, well I don't know if you know this, but if we pass them to get the 7th spot or 6th, that would be horrible. Warriors have to match the 1st round match up with Dallas. Just so I could tell my kids one day...

All Star
Posts: 1128
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:11 pm
LeBron James wrote:Kobe Bryant scored 65 points!
who can stop when he shot from 3-Point or made fade-away form
anyaway?
this is a god player,he's so close to be like MJ,
not Wade and not my favorite LeBron,even i think that he is the next
MJ,too 8)


just wait till raja bell pretty much contains kobe in the playoffs. then call him a god.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:14 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:
LeBron James wrote:Kobe Bryant scored 65 points!
who can stop when he shot from 3-Point or made fade-away form
anyaway?
this is a god player,he's so close to be like MJ,
not Wade and not my favorite LeBron,even i think that he is the next
MJ,too 8)


just wait till raja bell pretty much contains kobe in the playoffs. then call him a god.


Yeah, Kobe will try and play a better team game during the playoffs, but his scoring average will be a lot lower, partially because of Raja Bell. He'll still take the important shots though.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:36 pm
The Lakers only chance to win a game in the playoffs is allowing Kobe to go wild on offense like he did against the Blazers.

I know it's the opposite of team ball and that they cannot expect to pass any round playing like that... but, with the kind of roster they have, that's their only chance to win a game.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:49 pm
TMC wrote:The Lakers only chance to win a game in the playoffs is allowing Kobe to go wild on offense like he did against the Blazers.

I know it's the opposite of team ball and that they cannot expect to pass any round playing like that... but, with the kind of roster they have, that's their only chance to win a game.


Uhh, they seemed to play a "team game" vs. the Suns last year in the first round and not only gave them a good scare but took it to 7 games...
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:53 pm
JayPat wrote:Uhh, they seemed to play a "team game" vs. the Suns last year in the first round and not only gave them a good scare but took it to 7 games...


Yeah, but we're talking about a different Suns team. They didn't have Amare last year... and the Lakers have no answer for him. Amare alone makes this much more difficult for the Lakers. They matched better against them last year.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:25 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:Uhh, they seemed to play a "team game" vs. the Suns last year in the first round and not only gave them a good scare but took it to 7 games...


Yeah, but we're talking about a different Suns team. They didn't have Amare last year... and the Lakers have no answer for him. Amare alone makes this much more difficult for the Lakers. They matched better against them last year.


Yeah, but the Lakers are better, too. Mainly w/ the development of Andrew Bynum. Walton has improved, and if Odom plays well, I wouldn't be surprised if the series goes to 7 games...
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:32 pm
JayPat wrote:Yeah, but the Lakers are better, too. Mainly w/ the development of Andrew Bynum. Walton has improved, and if Odom plays well, I wouldn't be surprised if the series goes to 7 games...


:dontknow: Could be. I just don't think that improvement will translate into effective play in the playoffs... Not Bynum's, at least.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:31 pm
BT wrote:Um, well I don't know if you know this, but if we pass them to get the 7th spot or 6th, that would be horrible. Warriors have to match the 1st round match up with Dallas. Just so I could tell my kids one day...
yup. My kid is 14 and bleeds warriors gold right along with me, so I would love for this to be a memory he tells HIS kids...bring on the Mavs (first we gotta make the playoffs...) If we beat them, it will arguably be the biggest upset in the history of the NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests