CLIPS vs. HOUSTON

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:05 pm
well, 7 seconds left, houston up 2, at the free throw line...

109 - 105..FINAL.

LA's sinking fast...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:20 pm
We have a better winning % now! Playoffs, here we come!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:22 pm
JayPat wrote:We have a better winning % now! Playoffs, here we come!

i was staring at the standings at espn.com...

Warriors (8)

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet...

:headbang:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:36 pm
We own the 8th spot now. Win tomorrow, and we have a nice chance at keeping that spot the rest of the way.

We're tied with the Clips, though we have the higher percentage.
Have a 1/2 game lead over the Wolves, 1 game lead over the Hornets and Kings, 3 game lead over the Blazers and a 4 game lead over the Sonics. We're 3 games behind the Nuggets and 4 games behind the Lakers. In the words of TMC, "I don't care what seed we get, I just want to make the playoffs." C'mon Warriors! We can do this!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:25 am
xbaywarrior wrote:We own the 8th spot now. Win tomorrow, and we have a nice chance at keeping that spot the rest of the way.

We're tied with the Clips, though we have the higher percentage.
Have a 1/2 game lead over the Wolves, 1 game lead over the Hornets and Kings, 3 game lead over the Blazers and a 4 game lead over the Sonics. We're 3 games behind the Nuggets and 4 games behind the Lakers. In the words of TMC, "I don't care what seed we get, I just want to make the playoffs." C'mon Warriors! We can do this!!!!

6th spot really looks attainable

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:36 am
xbaywarrior wrote:We own the 8th spot now. Win tomorrow, and we have a nice chance at keeping that spot the rest of the way.

The game against the Wolves is going to be BIG. GO DUBS!!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:36 am
I say keep with the 8th seed...............WE OWN THE MAVS!!!! what is it now? 3 in a row and 6 of the last 8????

Ive had this feeling all year that we would get the 8th seed, get the Mavs and get them straight on the holidays!!

Lets go!!!!

ps: dam its been a long time since ive posted..............just lazyness, i was being a voyeur.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:25 am
We have to be the faves for the 8th seed IF Baron stays healthy. I suspect he is more hurt than anyone is admitting. Fast break NBA is not the ideal way to rehab from arthroscopic. Usually after they scope you it's six weeks prior to full activity. However, with Monta able to play more minutes at PG and healthy Sjax, Jrich and harrington, there is less onus on BD to be "the man". Don't be shocked if he sits out a few more and continues to play limited minutes. Seems like a very effective rotation right now.

No way the Ws pass Denver and the Lakers, Migya, and we don't want to. The Mavs are the team we want if the other choices are Phoenix and San Antonio...I could see the Lakers sliding to 7, which would not be the Suns ideal scenario, since Lakers match up really well against them. Of course, if somehow Dallas slips to #2, we would want 7...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:22 am
The good news is that the Warriors have the ability to win out and have their best chance since the post-Webber era. The bad news is we have yet to field a healthy squad with our top dollar players. The Nuggets and Warriors seem to have a slight edge over the competition based on desire and overall team health and road schedule. The Lakers can continue their deep fall and pull a Indy type of injury induced losing streak to kill their playoff hopes just as likely as a Warrior tailspin if BD goes back to IR. The good news is that no team in the 6th-8th spot is playing great basketball so as long as Nellie keeps the squad above water, we have a great shot at great 1-8 matchup against the Mavs. We can't get cute and try to play for either Dallas or a lottery pick because a only one game may decide the 6th seed or the 10th seed between the likes of Fakers, Clips, Hornets, Minny, Queens, Warriors and Nuggets. So far the Warriors have a fairy tale story. Fast start with lots of home games, a dismal middle on the road with post-trade blahs and an injured superstar, and clear sailing with the 8th spot and a lot of home games and very few long road trips for the finale.

Return to Warriors Basketball