Oh come on people, we just beat dallas

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:59 am
After our loss to portland, (which was after a win streak and still left us en route to our playoff goal if we kept up the way we had played those four games) there were FOUR threads started, panicking and writing off the playoffs and complaining.

THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE THREAD STARTED ABOUT BEATING FREAKING DALLAS, OR ANY TEAM SINCE DETROIT

You guys are way too negative
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:06 am
dude, i'm fricken stoked...

i can truly say with confidence now that we OWN dallas...

hard to fathom, but it's fact.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:08 am
You expected anything different?

You know, that's the way it seems to work. People has been predicting that this team wouldn't be able to make the playoffs (Me included. There was a point, after we lost the first 4 games of the last east trip, at which I had lost any hope of grabbing that 8th seed... I'm glad to be proven wrong again).

Guess that what I'm saying is that many people loves being right too much, if you know what I mean.

Still, I cannot talk much about the Dallas game. I've missed it and still haven't been able to find a torrent... Just highlights on ESPN.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:21 am
Like I said recently, the warriors are a tossup right now and its in their hands to make the playoffs and not to tank. I am hopeful that we do make it.
Last edited by tkono on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:21 am
TMC wrote:Still, I cannot talk much about the Dallas game. I've missed it and still haven't been able to find a torrent... Just highlights on ESPN.

If you want a video recap of the game just do a search on Youtube highlight reels of every single Warrior - that is pretty much how the game went down.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:46 am
If this team comes out strong on the road and wins a few games then I'll be a believer! But if they continue to lay goose egss, then I'll give up on this team!

They cannot have games of beating a good team and coming out and playing lousy against bad teams the next! I won't take that type of effort from them!
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 am
Typical Warriors are playing with our emotions. They go 0-16 the rest of the way.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:07 am
Hoonyo wrote:Typical Warriors are playing with our emotions. They go 0-16 the rest of the way.

:mrgreen:

No, as TMC said, it is good to be proven wrong in this respect. The team looked horrible after losing 6 straight but they have been much better and the teams around them have been on losing streaks so it is a real possibility of playoffs

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:21 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:After our loss to portland, (which was after a win streak and still left us en route to our playoff goal if we kept up the way we had played those four games) there were FOUR threads started, panicking and writing off the playoffs and complaining.

THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE THREAD STARTED ABOUT BEATING FREAKING DALLAS, OR ANY TEAM SINCE DETROIT

You guys are way too negative

Where the hell have you been?

:wink: I've been fighting off these damn negative nancies myself the past couple of weeks. JSW, J-Rich, migya, dareedle, loyaltyisacurce, you name it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:29 am
Alright, be honest though. Here's the W's, erratic team that has not made the playoffs for over a decade and has had only a season-best 3-game win streak. There's the Mavs, best recond in the NBA in over a decade, coming in on a 17-game win streak.

And the W's lead by 31 after 3 quarters?

I'm not saying people are not happy, they're just still shocked. It might take a day or two for them to fully realize that the game actually happened.

Likewise, let's see what the 'professionals' say about it. Did the unexpected destruction of the best and hottest team make news? Is it more than a 30-second spot on SportCenter? (doubtful) Will they discuss it on PTI? (not just in the speed rundown at the end) Any sports news going to actually take a moment to think about the W's?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:32 am
drazz wrote:Likewise, let's see what the 'professionals' say about it. Did the unexpected destruction of the best and hottest team make news? Is it more than a 30-second spot on SportCenter? (doubtful) Will they discuss it on PTI? (not just in the speed rundown at the end) Any sports news going to actually take a moment to think about the W's?

Of course none of that will happen.

When was the last time the Warriors got any respect for a journalist NOT named Mark Stein...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:44 am
drazz wrote:Alright, be honest though. Here's the W's, erratic team that has not made the playoffs for over a decade and has had only a season-best 3-game win streak. There's the Mavs, best recond in the NBA in over a decade, coming in on a 17-game win streak.

And the W's lead by 31 after 3 quarters?

I'm not saying people are not happy, they're just still shocked. It might take a day or two for them to fully realize that the game actually happened.

Likewise, let's see what the 'professionals' say about it. Did the unexpected destruction of the best and hottest team make news? Is it more than a 30-second spot on SportCenter? (doubtful) Will they discuss it on PTI? (not just in the speed rundown at the end) Any sports news going to actually take a moment to think about the W's?

agreed...btw, believe it or not, they had a 5 game winning streak in november...I was standing and cheering as I watched in disbelief. We should all savor this, naysayers and Pollyannas alike, cause this was hands down the best win of the year.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:17 am
Thunder wrote:
TMC wrote:Still, I cannot talk much about the Dallas game. I've missed it and still haven't been able to find a torrent... Just highlights on ESPN.

If you want a video recap of the game just do a search on Youtube highlight reels of every single Warrior - that is pretty much how the game went down.

You ain't helping. Now I NEED to watch the full game. Everybody says it was the best game of the year, so HIGHLIGHTS ARE NOT ENOUGH!!! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:18 pm
You missed a dirty old fashioned woopin'! Run run run, and then play defense. Now that's how you play basketball! If Jackson was guarding Nowitzki, I could only wonder what his numbers would truly be.

Return to Warriors Basketball