Apparently, its not just us (injuries)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:09 am
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... -070310-11

maybe its just amplified because we have the longest playoff drought in the NBA.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:02 pm
Nah dude, it's injuries. We need both Baron and J-Rich to be able to beat elite teams.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm
That list is laughable. Typical Chad Ford making things up without any rhyme or reason.

Richardson Jefferson is worth more to the Nets than Baron and Richardson COMBINED to the Warriors...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:47 am
I agree with the Bucks one. They have been smashed by injuries and they would be among the top 5 teams in the East if just redd and Mo Williams hadn't been injured. The Celts also would have been a bit better, 10-12 wins at least, had Pierce and Wally been around the whole season. The Nugs did great with the suspensions. Had Iverson not been there right after that happened they would have gone on a Celtics like losing streak!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 am
I don't get why injuries are not a valid excuse for playoffs absence. I mean just look at Phoenix the few games they didn't have Nash. Same happens here with Baron (not to the same extent, as Nash is one of the few PGs better than Baron... maybe the only one clearly better).

Guess that my point is that no team can't be considered a failure when their main player misses lots of games.

btw, Chad Ford's articles are usually moronic, so I haven't even read this one.

Return to Warriors Basketball