No Playoffs?!? O'Well

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:17 am
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:dude, we had to go approximately 15-6 starting with the detroit game to make the playoffs, and everybody else has continued to lose which has made it look more like 14-7. So far we are 3-1. 11-6 is still doable.

That's the only reason the team is still in it, because every other team fighting for a playoff spot has gone on a losing streak. If just two of those teams went 50% the last 6 games, the team would be some 5 games back and things would be different! They are still in the hunt because this season, the 7th and 8th seeds are not above 50% like in the previous few seasons

but migya, that's part of basketball :roll:

teams win, teams lose, teams go on winning streaks, teams go on losing streaks...

don't live your life on woulda, shoulda, couldas...or in your case, ifs....

if baron were healthy, then if wouldn't matter that two teams went 50% the last 6 game...we would be 5 games UP and things would be different.

if we didn't make the trade, we'd be 15 games out of first place and all the teams in contention could go into 5 game losing streaks and things would be different.

that type of thinking doesn't make sense at all...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:47 am
Agreed.

There are win streaks and loss streaks. Hell, its even evident within a single game, as every team, even Memphis, will put together a run each game. It depends on who is on the floor, who's on the floor for the opposition, and even mentality.

Fortunately, the W's are being scappy and actually fighting for the palyoffs this year. I love to see it. On the other hand, the Nugs have not been able to come together after their trade, the Clips are maybe a one season fluke (either last year's playoffs or this year's crappy season), the Kings are underperforming without a team identity, and even the Lakers are not looking great with their star (yet again) coming apart under pressure.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:53 am
My reference was to what has been happening in the West the last few years and the team has been very lucky that the teams around them have been on losing streaks. It would be very different. As it is, they are 1 game off 8th place

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 am
migya wrote:My reference was to what has been happening in the West the last few years and the team has been very lucky that the teams around them have been on losing streaks. It would be very different. As it is, they are 1 game off 8th place

but that's my point...i could come up with a million scenarios in which things would be very different...

i could turn that around and say that the teams around US are lucky that BD missed 13 games in which we have gone 4-10...a healthy baron, we'd be 10 and 4...that'd put us at what, 36 and 30, with the 6th spot, competing with Houston for the 5th spot...completely different picture.

but what's the point?
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball